Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #16
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

CM is always a must, usually the service is good and the character interaction has varied between average and great We prefer breakfast, can't really mess that up but we do not care for the supper selection at all and would NEVER do supper again
arcticdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #17
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran

In spite of all the bad reviews Chef Mickey's seems to get, it is one of the hardest ADRs to get. For my family, Chef Mickey's is a "must do" for our upcoming trip. It is expensive and I thought we could possibly skip it since we ate there on our last trip; but my kids and DH rallied for this character meal. We had a very good experience there on our last trip (had a late breakfast ADR), the character interactions were not at all rushed, and the food selection was good. I think the fun atmosphere and the fact that you can meet the Fab Five characters here makes this such a popular character meal choice; and it is probably a Disney trip tradition for many families.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #18
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Definitely do not let other's sway your opinion on whether or not to go here. You know your family best!

Just like a few here have said they won't be doing Garden Grill any time soon, that's how we are with Tusker House. Everyone has different experiences, so make your own!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #19
clapton
Mouseketeer

Haven't been to CM in a few years but it was good the last time we went. Cape May Cafe at BC is good, also Boma at AKL.
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #20
denise5374
Dares to say CRUISE out loud
Don't go back to lurking

I was at CM August 2012 and thought i was OK. Not any worse than it had been previously so we are going back this August. My biggest complaint was the price if paying OOP ir was $200 fir my family of 4 and certainly wasn't worth that. This year we got free DDP so we are heading back. Its my kids favorite restaurant and we have been going there since 1997 when they were 4 and 6 months, they are now 20 and 16 and they still ask to go there every trip.

If you like it, go and enjoy

denise5374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:00 PM   #21
Jimsig
Mouseketeer

I'll know next Saturday. Lucked out tonight and a breakfast res came available. It pays to keep checking back. Figure it will be a great way to spend breakfast on our last day.

Jan 86, March 90, Sept 90, Sept 96, Nov 99, Jan 02 off site

April 13 OKW
Oct 14 FW Cabins

Jimsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #22
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Where does one find the prices? They seem to be very well hidden

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
Old 04-06-2013, 11:13 PM   #23
jsw1114
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0222 View Post
Where does one find the prices? They seem to be very well hidden

Go to www.allears.net all the prices are listed
jsw1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:19 PM   #24
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw1114

Go to www.allears.net all the prices are listed
Thanks!

Old 04-07-2013, 05:26 AM   #25
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

Chef Mickey's is a buffet with buffet food. I have probably the weirdest reason for not caring for it. I hate napkin twirling. The idea that those napkins have wiped all those mouths and noses and been on hands that may or may not be clean and then we put them in the air, get some centrifugal force going and sling all that ick into the wind. It just grosses me out and I realize it's probably no dirtier than the handles on a spoon, the latch on a bathroom door or the railings on Space Mountain but I am just wired weird that way.

So I go to Cape May instead where the napkin stays in the lap where it belongs!
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #26
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraMeansDawn
Chef Mickey's is a buffet with buffet food. I have probably the weirdest reason for not caring for it. I hate napkin twirling. The idea that those napkins have wiped all those mouths and noses and been on hands that may or may not be clean and then we put them in the air, get some centrifugal force going and sling all that ick into the wind. It just grosses me out and I realize it's probably no dirtier than the handles on a spoon, the latch on a bathroom door or the railings on Space Mountain but I am just wired weird that way.

Lmao. This is funny.
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #27
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraMeansDawn View Post

I just snorted. Twice.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #28
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
I like that both of the above posters have said that if you like Chef Mickeys do not let bad reviews steer you away from it.
I have to agree with not changing a darn thing just because some strangers on a board said they didn't like the food. The food is subjective to everyone. A bit OT but there are so many people who don't like Sci Fi but we love the burgers and would gladly go every trip.

Sometimes you have to trust yourself and not others and Disney World is that kind of place.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #29
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Quote:

LOL ! I knew there was a reason we always skipped CM

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #30
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4U View Post
Lmao. This is funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
I just snorted. Twice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell54 View Post
LOL ! I knew there was a reason we always skipped CM
LOL. I never really thought about it before, thanks for that. You're not so crazy. People do nasty things to those napkins, much worse than wiping a smudge away.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: