Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 03:33 PM   #16
ColoradoDis
DIS Veteran
 
ColoradoDis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 888

We have done the PhotoPass for our last few trips and next month with add the "Plus" for the first time. I like to augment the photos we take with the posed ones, love the "magic" shots and we always buy 2-4 ride shots so it makes a lot of sense for us.
__________________
1979, 1998, 2003, 2007 - Disneyland
1972, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1996 - offsite
2001 - Port Orleans Riverside and Contemporary/Beach Club
2004 - Poly/Contemporary and Animal Kingdom Lodge
2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort and 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter
May 2013 - Shades of Green



DH - Ron : Me - Sherry DD - Morgan DD - Miranda DSIL - Miles
ColoradoDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #17
nocomment711
Ces Soirees-La
 
nocomment711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Allentown, PA
Posts: 335

I love having photopass. When we went last December we went for three days and got nearly 200 photos. It was worth it because it was just me and my grandma.

I'll do it again in a heartbeat. You get so many more "interactive" shots with characters when you use photopass.
nocomment711 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #18
Deputyjc
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 31

We used Photopass for my sons first trip and it was definitely worth it. All of us could be in every photo and the quality of the pics were great. Disney even sent us a second cd, no questions asked, because I ordered before the wife had edited all of the pics she wanted.
Deputyjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #19
Gleece
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Schaumburg, Illinois
Posts: 13

We typically don't use Photopass+. My wife is an avid and talented photographer. She averages taking about 200 pictures per day while we're on vacation. While we do carry around a Photopass card, and we do look at the pictures online, we typically have only 25-30 pictures on it, compared to 1000+ pictures that we have taken. If you take a lot of pictures on your own, it probably isn't worth the money. It certainly isn't for us.
Gleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #20
Zooshoveller
WAR EAGLE
 
Zooshoveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 864

Last year I took my big camera and got a lot of great photos. This year I'm taking the little camera for candid shots but will be using Photopass. I want a little more freedom and would like to be in the pics with my family. LOL
__________________
Off Site 12/82 GF 7/90 CBR 11/12 ASSp 5/13

Food & Wine & No Kids ~ A 2nd Honeymoon

Zooshoveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #21
jewelsb
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 127

The main lures for me on the Photopass+ is that I can actually be in the photos, the option to get the ride pictures and the character dining pictures. What are the character dining photo packages like? Because if I would buy those anyway, then the photopass+ would really be worth it!
__________________
DH Me DD-10 DS-8

Port Orleans Riverside 6/13

jewelsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #22
Jessicalynne
Mouseketeer
 
Jessicalynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 177

Never been to Disney World, but when we go, I think it will be fun to have the photopass.
__________________
Mommy Jessica and Daddy Jacob
Wish kid Jordyn Age 4 and Jeremy Age 2
Pre-trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3093827

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jordy...25730070799917
Jordyn's blog: www.triumphingoverall.blogspot.com
Jessicalynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #23
shelbyf31
Mouseketeer
 
shelbyf31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 155

Our first family trip we did photo pass but I didn't preorder. Big mistake. They took over 600 pictures. So when we got home I ordered the cd. They took great pictures. Not just the standard front shot with the characters. For our next trip I pre-ordered photo pass+. Our kids are 5 and 3 so we are doing a lot of character meals. And now they are both big enough for the rides that are offered with the pass.
__________________
shelbyf31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #24
jewelsb
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 127

Another question...do you spend a lot of time waiting for the pp photographers to take the pics or is it quick? Not sure how much standing around DH will want to do waiting to have our pics taken.
__________________
DH Me DD-10 DS-8

Port Orleans Riverside 6/13

jewelsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #25
kgsmith
DIS Veteran
 
kgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelsb View Post
Another question...do you spend a lot of time waiting for the pp photographers to take the pics or is it quick? Not sure how much standing around DH will want to do waiting to have our pics taken.
It's pretty quick. I was there during the height of spring break a couple of weeks ago, and we never had more than two families in front of us. Most of the time, we were able to just walk right up and hand over the Photopass + card with no wait at all.
__________________
Karen DH DS(12)



kgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #26
Angiea1114
Mouseketeer
 
Angiea1114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 96

We were just in WDW from April 2-8, so right in peak season, but I did the PP+. My 4 children range from 5-17 years old and two of them were traveling down with their HS band, then staying with us for a couple days extra. It was also my 5 year old's first trip. My husband's parents also went.
My husband was a little hesitant but after we viewed our pictures from the first day, he was addicted. He asked about magic shots, and we even got some photographers to take candid shots of my in laws for us! It was also great to be able to have each of my kids get cards at the park and then they took pictures with their friends, so it was worth every penny!!! Every night we got back to the room, the first thing he did was log in to the computer to look at the days pictures.

So even with crowd levels at 8-9, we only stood in line for character photos and the longest was 30 minutes for Buzz and Woody, every one else was less than 20 minutes and if you went at night, less than 10!

We got lots of Magic shots, and ended up with 400 + photos, now at 700 + with the words and borders!!! I will say I felt like they did take more shots when you showed them the PP+ lanyard!

It will definitely be purchased again for our next trip whenever that may be!
Angiea1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:29 PM   #27
WDW_Diane
Mouseketeer
 
WDW_Diane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiea1114
We were just in WDW from April 2-8, so right in peak season, but I did the PP+. My 4 children range from 5-17 years old and two of them were traveling down with their HS band, then staying with us for a couple days extra. It was also my 5 year old's first trip. My husband's parents also went.
My husband was a little hesitant but after we viewed our pictures from the first day, he was addicted. He asked about magic shots, and we even got some photographers to take candid shots of my in laws for us! It was also great to be able to have each of my kids get cards at the park and then they took pictures with their friends, so it was worth every penny!!! Every night we got back to the room, the first thing he did was log in to the computer to look at the days pictures.

So even with crowd levels at 8-9, we only stood in line for character photos and the longest was 30 minutes for Buzz and Woody, every one else was less than 20 minutes and if you went at night, less than 10!

We got lots of Magic shots, and ended up with 400 + photos, now at 700 + with the words and borders!!! I will say I felt like they did take more shots when you showed them the PP+ lanyard!

It will definitely be purchased again for our next trip whenever that may be!
Was this super expensive or is it a pay one price kind of thing?
I just took 700+ photos on our March trip, but of course, I was in very few myself.
__________________
Disney Love
WDW_Diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #28
ElizabethG
When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!
 
ElizabethG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW_Diane View Post
Was this super expensive or is it a pay one price kind of thing?
I just took 700+ photos on our March trip, but of course, I was in very few myself.
The photopass cd pre-order is $120 ($170 after)
The photopass+ pre-order is $150 ($200 at the park)

You get a cd with all of the photopass photos from the park, with any copies you generate on the photopass website (adding borders, etc). With the photopass+, you get the photo print packages that are offered at meals and pirates league. They also add the digital pictures to your account. You also get digital copies of all of the ride photos. So, the $30 more for pp+ would be covered by one meal photo or two ride photos.

I love photopass. We have used it on all of our trips. How many pictures you get is really up to you. We always have plenty. We used photopass+ last year and I already ordered it for this years trip.
__________________
ElizabethG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #29
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 7,603

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethG View Post
The photopass cd pre-order is $120 ($170 after)
The photopass+ pre-order is $150 ($200 at the park)
Here's the link for the pre-order prices:

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/specialoffers/wdwppp.htm
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #30
noahdove
DIS Veteran
 
noahdove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 6,544

Please help me with this..I understand that you can have many photos, however, I am unclear as to the photos..Once we get the CD, are we able to print, order as many photos as we want without paying extra? I am pondering whether I should order it and share the cost with my 2 friends... Thank you for any insight you can give me
__________________
Grace and Peace to you all,
noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.