Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
pmurph
Earning My Ears

Morning Coffee Options on the Dream?

DH and I are morning Starbucks drinkers (just regular bold).

Is the coffee at Cove Cafe or Vista Cafe actually better than the coffee options for the table service restaurants in the morning?
The cafes open at 7:30? seems kind of late.

If you order hot water or coffee from room service ahead of time, does it really stay hot (hot enough for coffee) until the next morning? (maybe for via packets)?

Just trying to figure out how to get our super early coffee fix in the morning. Unfortunately we are spoiled by the good stuff!
pmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurph View Post
DH and I are morning Starbucks drinkers (just regular bold).

Is the coffee at Cove Cafe or Vista Cafe actually better than the coffee options for the table service restaurants in the morning?
The cafes open at 7:30? seems kind of late.

If you order hot water or coffee from room service ahead of time, does it really stay hot (hot enough for coffee) until the next morning? (maybe for via packets)?

Just trying to figure out how to get our super early coffee fix in the morning. Unfortunately we are spoiled by the good stuff!

You can hang a card on your door the night before and specify a time you want coffee delivered (24/7). So, if you know you will be up by 5:00 have it delivered by then. Or you can call room service once you are up.

You can order night before (but I have personal experience with this).

You can go to Cove Cafe (it actually opens up earlier than posted) or Vista Cafe for premium coffee for a fee. I do not drink coffee but the majority of people say that the coffee onboard is not great but the coffee from Cove and Vista is very good.

The 24 hour beverage center has coffee, tea, soft drinks ,etc.

MJ
o
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
pmurph
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
You can hang a card on your door the night before and specify a time you want coffee delivered (24/7). So, if you know you will be up by 5:00 have it delivered by then. Or you can call room service once you are up.

You can order night before (but I have personal experience with this).

You can go to Cove Cafe (it actually opens up earlier than posted) or Vista Cafe for premium coffee for a fee. I do not drink coffee but the majority of people say that the coffee onboard is not great but the coffee from Cove and Vista is very good.

The 24 hour beverage center has coffee, tea, soft drinks ,etc.

MJ
o
that sounds great about the room service coffee (even if it's not great) at least I can get my fix early enough! And glad to know the cafes open a little earlier just in case.
Thanks for all the great info!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
Mousemom
DIS Veteran

I love starbucks or seattle best but when we were on the Dream last month I took the room service card, filled it out the night before, and hung it on my door to have coffee delivered at 9am the next morning. I like having coffee when I'm getting ready to go in the morning. I'm not sure what kind of coffee it was but I really liked it. I did bring my own creamer but they also brought creamer and sugar along with the coffee. It was so nice to not have to get up get dressed and go get coffee.
Mousemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
pmurph
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemom View Post
I love starbucks or seattle best but when we were on the Dream last month I took the room service card, filled it out the night before, and hung it on my door to have coffee delivered at 9am the next morning. I like having coffee when I'm getting ready to go in the morning. I'm not sure what kind of coffee it was but I really liked it. I did bring my own creamer but they also brought creamer and sugar along with the coffee. It was so nice to not have to get up get dressed and go get coffee.
Amen to that! I like that idea - thank you : )

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: