Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #1
marciagms
Mouseketeer

Four Points by Sheraton Cocoa Beach

We booked this hotel for our stay the night before our cruise. I would love any feedback. How was the bus transfer to the port? They offered a great deal of Park and stay for cruisers.

Thanks

marciagms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
sandrakit
Mouseketeer

We stayed there March 1 2013 the night before our Disney Fantasy cruise . We loved the hotel . We did not use the shuttle as we had to return our rental car in the am to Budget . I did however see several shuttles picking up at the hotel while we were packing our car . No free breakfast at this hotel . Ihop is a minute walk from the hotel ! I will stay here again next yr ...
sandrakit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #3
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

We did not like it. I had Starwoods points so thought we would stay there. It felt dark and we had people looking in our room from the attached surf shop (shared a window). had to keep our drapes closed the whole time which compounded the "dark" feeling...that and it felt like we were checking in in the basement.

The pool is horrid...looked like a low rent aquariam exhibit (the pool is basically in the parking gargage)

Did not use the shuttle as we had a rental. It was a close walk to beach on the positive side and the staff was very nice.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
marciagms
Mouseketeer

Do any of the rooms have a beach view?
Thanks for the info!

marciagms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #5
DisDiana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciagms View Post
Do any of the rooms have a beach view?
Thanks for the info!
Nope. The hotel is a block off of the ocean but the parking structure means there are no oven view rooms.
DCL Dream 2011, 2013, 2014 | DCL Fantasy 2013
DLR 2011, 2012

DisDiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
moebear
Mouseketeer

We stayed there a couple of weeks ago before our cruise, because of Starwood points. Wasn't too impressed. We put our name on the list for the shuttle when we arrived, next morning - we weren't on the list. But they were very gracious to let us on the shuttle. Didn't even know there was a pool!!!!
We are cruising in November, might go back to the Radisson, unless we have points to cover our room. Was clean, but nothing fancy. BUT, once you get on your ship - you'll completely forget about it!
Old 04-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #7
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciagms View Post
We booked this hotel for our stay the night before our cruise. I would love any feedback. How was the bus transfer to the port? They offered a great deal of Park and stay for cruisers.

Thanks
We just got back from a cruise on the Fantasy and stayed there the Friday before the cruise. We loved it!

It is close to the beach and is right next to Ron Jon Surf shop. Walgreens is across the street and there are plenty of good restaurants close by.

An earlier post complained about people looking into her room from the beach shop in the building; however, you can't see into the rooms due to the type of glass that is used.

We stayed there last year before our Dream cruise and would like to stay there in the future.

We rented a car both times, so I have no experience with their shuttle.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #8
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
We just got back from a cruise on the Fantasy and stayed there the Friday before the cruise. We loved it!

It is close to the beach and is right next to Ron Jon Surf shop. Walgreens is across the street and there are plenty of good restaurants close by.

An earlier post complained about people looking into her room from the beach shop in the building; however, you can't see into the rooms due to the type of glass that is used.

We stayed there last year before our Dream cruise and would like to stay there in the future.

We rented a car both times, so I have no experience with their shuttle.

Mike
Whether they can or can't does not really make a difference. When you see people "looking" in your room it is unnerving. Maybe they were looking at their reflection in the glass but to open your drapes and see people looking your way on the other side of the glass, just inches away, was not a great feeling.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:53 PM   #9
marlana323
Mouseketeer

We stayed at Four Points last year and just last week. We loved the hotel. It's a little over a block to walk to the ocean with plenty of fun things to see and do. Our kids loved the area too.

While I do agree it's different looking out your window into the surf shop, etc. we still have enjoyed both our stays there.

We used the shuttle this year and last year. From the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to port. I signed us up before we arrived and had no problems. First shuttle out. Very friendly shuttle drivers and helpful staff.

For our family, we really liked it.
marlana323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 PM   #10
wdwwishes
DIS Veteran

Haven't stayed there but are pretty familiar with Cooca Beach. This hotel is in the heart of everything so if that's your style then you might consider it. I wouldn't stay there. It's in the heart of everything which makes it a bit touristy for me plus the pool being in a parking garage is just weird. I do take them "with a grain of salt" and I don't really read the reviews as I think so are paid but I do look at the photos of hotels posted on tripadvisory.com before booking hotels. Some folks can give a place scathing reviews due to a rude employee but pictures are pictures. Maybe take a look.
A.K.L. 2008, 2011
Poly 2009
Wilderness Lodge 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014
The Wonder 2007, 2009, 2011
The Fantasy 2013
The Dream 2014
The Magic 2015
wdwwishes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: