Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
Go Vols
Go Vols

Citricos with a baby?

My wife and I are taking our 10 month old to Disney in May. Has anyone dined at Citrico's with a baby?
Go Vols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #2
schoen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Vols View Post
My wife and I are taking our 10 month old to Disney in May. Has anyone dined at Citrico's with a baby?

I sat next to a baby about that age at Citricos on my last visit. All of the Disney Restaurants (except for V & A), even the signatures are are kid friendly. If you want to take your baby you are more than welcome to. It is a great restaurant!
schoen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #3
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Dh and I went for an early dinner during our honeymoon. There were a few families there. I would just try for an early dinner or a lunch when it's not filled with couples. Enjoy!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
paintnolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #4
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

I agree with the pp who said to go early to avoid the couples trying to have a romantic dinner. We always took our kids to restaurants and found that if you go around 5 pm, it's a much more pleasant experience when you have a baby or a toddler. You don't usually have long waits, and there will be other families at that time.

Have a great trip and a wonderful dinner!

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #5
jimim
DIS Veteran

We took my 16 month old daughter there 2 trips ago and had no prob or weird looks. She also went with us to 8 other sign places and no problems. We eat around 530 cause of her. Nobody gave us any looks not like I would give a crap but it was fine. This june we got 2 now. An 11 month old and Kate who is 3 now. We r eating again at only sign places like always and I didn't even think about it. It's Disney kids r everywhere. Go enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Planning Thanksgiving Park/Cruise Trip!

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60184887@N08/
jimim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

We always book the earliest ADR with our DD so that we can avoid couples who want a peaceful meal. DD has always been well behaved and we've never had an issue. We still eat at 5:30pm and it seems like there are lots of families enjoying signature restaurants at the time of the evening As long as you are respectful of other diners around you I'm you'll have a great time
arcticdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #7
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, and Newly Ordained.

1) Babies are welcome at all WDW eateries, except V&A.
2) However, please try to keep them relatively in check.
3) After all, Citricos is a signature eatery.
4) And, for $50-$75 per person, one should expect a pleasant environment.

NOTE: We don't mind the occasional baby sound(s), but crying
or yelling babies do wear thin. The last time we visited, there
was a crying baby a couple of tables away. We asked the waiter
to have the parents take the kid into the hallway until it settled
down. Once the baby stopped crying, they brought it back, and
it was behaved the remainder of the meal.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #8
Go Vols
Go Vols

Thanks for the replies...an early ADR is a great idea and what we normally book. We understand that some will be sensitive enough to allow it to ruin their meal, but I'm sure that the majority of people understand that they are in Disney World and that kids/babies will be present at almost every restaurant.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #9
Go Vols
Go Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) Babies are welcome at all WDW eateries, except V&A.

4) And, for $50-$75 per person, one should expect a pleasant environment.

NOTE: We don't mind the occasional baby sound(s), but crying
or yelling babies do wear thin. The last time we visited, there
was a crying baby a couple of tables away. We asked the waiter
to have the parents take the kid into the hallway until it settled
down. Once the baby stopped crying, they brought it back, and
it was behaved the remainder of the meal.
Funny...
Old 04-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
3pletprincesses
DIS Veteran

I took my 4 month old last year and it was a very nice meal. We booked and early ADR as we have 4 kids and prefer to do it around our real dinner time. You alone know your kid. The meal is about 90 minutes long, at least it was for our party of 6. If you think your baby will be able to sit there for that long, then why not. We took the baby to a signature meal every night and no one had issues anywhere.

Rusty, most parents are more then capable of making the choice when it's time to step out of the restaurant with their kids and don't need server to point at the door for them. I found that most often, adults are the loud and obnoxious ones who think they can make as much noise as they want.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #11
Uncleromulus

DIS Veteran

Kids of all ages are welcome at Citricos and as long as you are prepared to take the child out of the restaurant if there is screaming/crying it will be no problem whatsoever.

And as noted, at Citricos you are probably looking at an hour and a half for dinner.
Vacation Club since 1992
Next trip-- Fantasy Cruise on 11/1 14!!
60 previous visits to WDW!!!
Uncleromulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #12
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Personally, I would not want to be seated next to a child in Citricos and would not take one in out of respect for others there. Not the place.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #13
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1
Personally, I would not want to be seated next to a child in Citricos and would not take one in out of respect for others there. Not the place.
Have you been there recently? It is very loud and family friendly. We are two adults (for now!) and have noticed this for sure. We love Citricos and eat there every trip. There are no wdw restaurants where I would expect no babies or children other than Victoria and Albert's.

As a side note, on our last trip we ate at Flying Fish on Saturday 2/23 at 5:30 pm. DH had the Princess half marathon to wake up for at 3 am sunday, so we planned an early dinner. There was a couple with a baby seated directly next to us. I have to say I was so impressed by this little family! The baby was about 12-15 months. Her parents brought some little people toys for her which she enjoyed. The server brought her a little bowl of fresh raspberries, strawberries and blueberries which she lit up for. Then when the parents entrees came out she was brought a plate with grilled chicken and broccoli and carrots and roasted potatoes. Her mom had brought her baby cutlery and cut up her food a bit then let her go eat with her little utensils. It was quite impressive! As I am pregnant DH and i watched keenly! On our way out i stopped to tell them how beautiful and well behaved their daughter was. They thanked me and I noticed their British accents. After all the posts on here leading up to my trip about picky kids it was nice to see a baby with a great palate!

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #14
dp911
Mouseketeer

People complain about kids but i have seen some obnoxious gross adults. Talking so loudly everyone knows their business, chewing with their mouth open, dressed horrendously etc
dp911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #15
Go Vols
Go Vols

I'm with jimjim on this one...really do not care. Booked it and going to have a great time.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: