Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 11:09 AM   #1
disney is my life
DIS Veteran

Clashing themes?

Hi, we are planning on going to the world in november for dd's sweet 16. We are planning on staying at art of animation little mermaid rooms. The problem is that shes not all that into princesses but loves mickey,bright colours,celebrating, and her favourite thing in the world is mickey head balloons. I was thinking of making her birthday mickey themed and get the mickey mouse clubhouse decorations from party city(obviously not the really childish looking ones). but i really wanted her to be completely immersed in the theme but i was thinking if all the decorations are themed to mickey but the room is themed to ariel it will be two themes that dont really fit together at all. Sorry this is pretty long i just dont know what to do about it or how to fix it ? if you have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

November 2011-All Star Movies
March 2013-POP Century
November 2013-Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2015-Caribbean Beach Resort
disney is my life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Have you thought about staying at one of the all Stars? They seem to be more Mickey themed.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

What about staying at POP Century - since Mickey is really part of our Pop Culture - seems to fit to me!

If you don't want to change your resort - either way Mickey is Disney and Ariel is Disney - how about a Disney nautical theme - a treasure chest with a lot of Mickey inside - or other nautical/Mickey nautical things to bring the two together a bit more?? Well - that's a brainstorm LOL!

Just thought I'd google Mickey Nautical Themes and came up with a LOT -
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

Last edited by ExpatDisneyLover; 04-06-2013 at 03:13 PM.
ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
Marthasor
DIS Veteran

If you are that concerned about clashing themes, I would switch hotels. Mickey would work well at POP or ASMu or any mod or deluxe
Marthasor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: