Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #46
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

LeCellier ...after it went signature I figured Disney would also improve the food and service. WRONG. All they did was raise the prices LOL

Liberty Inn. Service was glacially slow, food tasted like warmed up leftovers

trails end. Not worth the hassle to get there
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #47
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4U View Post
Sorry but i had to comment on your review. You sound a tad picky. Forgive me, but you do. You were upset that the chicken was dark meat instead of white. And you were upset that there was a smear of "red stuff" on your dessert plate. The server wasnt wrong. There was no sauce ON the dessert. The smear is merely a garnish or decoration.

Last edited by jwfla422; 04-07-2013 at 12:45 AM.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 12:10 AM   #48
brertoad
DIS Veteran

Flametree BBQ - We got the chicken and ribs combo. It was not very good. There was barely any meat on either, and the meat was dry, and the sides were tiny.

Casey's - always smells good to me but when I had a Chicago style dog, the bread was stale and soggy, the dog was cold, and toppings were yucky. DH got the mini corndog bites since they are supposed to be turkey dogs, and they were yucky.

Portobello's - gave us mild food poisoning. Service was lousy even though we were almost the only ones there. Bread was gross. Veggie sandwich was nasty. I had the soup and calzone-type-thing. Only ate a few bites.

Last edited by brertoad; 04-07-2013 at 12:20 AM.
brertoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:45 AM   #49
AuroraMeansDawn
DIS Veteran

It pains me to say this but...Narcoossees. I was so excited to eat here and I am hoping that it was due to our seating location but we were right behind the podium and it just felt like we were on the fringe of the experience. We did the whole menu experience too. Had a couple of advertisers, a wine, the NY Strip and Lobster and the Filet and Lobster. If I am going to pay 68 and 72 a plate for an entree that the filet should be thicker than a deck of cards and the NY Strips were tough and sauces were a reduction of some sort but rather than a delicate balance of flavor I tasted salt and salt and salt. The lobster was good, not overly nice sized though. For those prices every bite you take should make you sigh and sing. I just wanted to leave.
Nov 1991 Offsite - June 1997 Disneyland Paris - May 1999 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - May 2000 Dixie Landings - Alligator Bayou - December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge November 2010 POFQ - 25th Wedding Anniversary SSR with my Prince Charming - April 2011 - March 2013 Graduation Trip for my Boy at POFQ
AuroraMeansDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:36 AM   #50
Docmom
Mouseketeer

Mickey' Backyard BBQ. The show was nice but the food was not what I expected for the price. The kids enjoyed dancing but not someplace we'd go back to. Another disappointment was 50's Prime Time Diner. Food was mediocre at best, the place was very crowded and loud and we got mild food poisoning.

OP we love Via Napoli but last time we went was late 2011. The crust was crispy and charred so that change must have happened in the last year or so. Thanks to PP for the suggestion to have them cook it longer; will ask next time we go.

I think some of the meals have gone a bit downhill in the past few years. We were big fans of Garden Grill in The Land but last few times food has been ok but not as good. Similar experience the last time we went to La Hacienda de San Angel in Mexico a few years ago; they used to be really good but that experience left us with a bad taste in our mouth (literally)!
Docmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:07 AM   #51
FuzzyLump502
Earning My Ears

Narcooses ... DW and I had our anniversary dinner here. Neither of us drink much, as soon as the waiter discovered we weren't ordering from the bar he went to his other table and came back 25 minutes later. Service was then VERY slow all night, and food taste was awful. The best part was the Stilton on the cheese plate. We got virtually ignored all night for a 6 top that was buying tons of drinks ... Reading this forum has me worried about ohanas now... Never been and not sure what to expect this trip

FuzzyLump502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:16 AM   #52
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Zebra Domes from Boma. They looked amazing and everyone raved about them. We had them on our last trip and while they were alright, they weren't incredible.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #53
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83
Zebra Domes from Boma. They looked amazing and everyone raved about them. We had them on our last trip and while they were alright, they weren't incredible.
Yeah they are just ok. We were underwhelmed as well.

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #54
NoSoup4U
I am Art Vandelay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues
1900 Park Faire. None of us cared for the food. It wasn't terrible, but we won't go back.
Yes this is another one for me. Food was terribly disappointing at 1900 dinner. Never again.
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #55
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

Yachtsman Steakhoue for me. I really wanted to like it too. We tried 3 times and will never go back.
Lovely setting, excellent service and the pull apart onion rolls are to die for. But that's it. None of us enjoyed our entrees on all 3 trips.
Way over hyped as far as I am concerned.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #56
matthewclabaugh
I Love Disney!!

Les chefs de france was horrible... the server we had we a stuck up french jerk and the food was nasty
Old 04-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #57
ShannonMB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyLump502 View Post
Reading this forum has me worried about ohanas now... Never been and not sure what to expect this trip
Sad to her about your Narcoosee's experience because it's definitely on my Disney dining bucket list!

Don't sweat it about O'hana. I was not crazy about it, but there are just as many who love, love, love it. Never know till you try, and it's one that as a Dis'er you kinda have to give a go to or you'll always wonder what the fuss is about!

ShannonMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #58
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Long time ago (2006), but breakfast at CRT. Worked real hard to get a resie for 6 of us (including my twin 7 year old DDs) and we knew to go get in line early. We waited in line (did not dress up as we noticed many folks in line were putting fancy dresses on their DDs and snappy outfits on their DSs and doing their hair...we came in our park clothes for the day and just basically rolled out of bed)...we thought: this must be something. Got our pic taken with Cindi and got seated. The atmosphere was nice and characters came around but they handed us a continental breakfast basically...for 2TS...nothing to write home about and something I could have grabbed at a CS for about $8. It did include the photos with Cindi, but we weren't all that interested in those anyway and didn't really dress for it. BIG let down!!!
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #59
SuzieN
DIS Veteran

Definitely 'Ohana. I really don't get the hype about this place. The ONLY thing I liked was the dessert!
SuzieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #60
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewclabaugh View Post
Les chefs de france was horrible... the server we had we a stuck up french jerk and the food was nasty
This was one of our let downs too...or at least one we never have to go to again. Slow service...mistakes in order...cold food...very very expensive for a family of 5. Some food was good, some was meh...it would have been better if it came out hot. And it was a waste on my 3 teens....it's a better date night place.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: