Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
pit303
DIS Veteran

Another vote for Ohana first time we ate there it was great this time service was horrible and the food was just OK.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #17
HadesTX
Whoa. Is my hair out?

Ohana. I really wanted to like it, but I just wasn't impressed. Glad we tried it, but won't go back.

WL 12/13
POR 9/11
POR 10/10
CBR 06/07
GF 02/98
Off site 7/87
HadesTX is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #18
WDWFANCBIIIME
DIS Veteran

Yachtsman really it was terrible, you can get a better steak at Outback and the service was AWFUL... I really thought the atmosphere was boring too...

WDWFANCBIIIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #19
Nohal
DIS Veteran

Ohana for us. The service was just awful. The food was a mess and some of the meats were not cooked enough. We didn't even wait around for desert, couldn't wait to get out of there as we had already been there for 2 hrs.
Nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #20
tinkerhon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Le Cellier.

Cramped and dark. Food tasted like it had been dragged through a huge pile of salt. Steak was over cooked and not very tender.

Just not worth the hype.

Now OP, I would try Via Napoli again. When you do, request that they cook the pizza longer. So many people complained about the traditional char that I think they reduced the amount of time they leave the pizza in the ovens. Which means it does not get as crisp as they should.
Yea, we were surprised...because it looked like thin crust, which usually wouldnt be that soggy, but it was--- Thanks for the suggestion !!!
tinkerhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #21
rainynight
Mouseketeer

Crystal palace dinner. The only buffet in my life I ever left hungry. We got quick service right after since we never took more than a bite of anything...it was awful. I still think it was worth it for the characters since our little boy was 2 and loved Winnie the pooh. I got some of my favorite pics of him there and will never forget the look on his face when he saw Pooh for the first time. I'm willing to try breakfast there but will never go for lunch or dinner again.
rainynight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #22
Micca
You gotta love a great plan like that
Will be spending some time with George Harrison
I have known whack-a-doodles in my day

Don't get me started on 'Ohana, great concept, poor execution. I'm also surprised at the consistently great ratings for Via Napoli. Based on most of the reviews here you'd think this is the greatest pizza ever. I think it's good, but it's not even close to the best pizza I've ever had(though it probably is the best at WDW).
Micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #23
karly05
DIS Veteran

Raglan Road. Had lunch there this year and it was just OK. I should have gone for something more exotic than fish and chips probably. Service was OK, but nowhere near as good as my other TS experiences over the past 2 trips. It was definitely not worth the time it ate out of my park day going to DTD!
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #24
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karly05 View Post
Raglan Road. Had lunch there this year and it was just OK. I should have gone for something more exotic than fish and chips probably. Service was OK, but nowhere near as good as my other TS experiences over the past 2 trips. It was definitely not worth the time it ate out of my park day going to DTD!

I already voted, but ITA with Raglan Road. We've eaten there twice & I don't get the hype. We haven't enjoyed anything we've tried. Maybe, we haven't ordered the right items, although we did try different things each visit.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #25
donaldlovesdaisy
DIS Veteran

Yachtsmen Steakhouse
donaldlovesdaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #26
momof2gr8kids
DIS Veteran

Crystal Palace Dinner. Wait was super long. We were there for almost 2 hrs and didn't get to see tigger or piglet. Couldn't wait any more because we had to get out and see wishes. Food was excellent and so was our waitress. I think there was a bunch of mix ups with the characters and handlers, that night.

Dec 2010 Pop Century
Feb 2013 POR Riverside
momof2gr8kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #27
jpessa
Addicted to Disney

Another vote for Yachtsman Steakhouse. Steak was just OK, for the price it should have been fabulous.
jpessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #28
ShannonMB
DIS Veteran

LeCellier. It's been a couple trips ago that we went - when it was still one TS credit. Food was pretty good, wait and service were not good, and overall it was not a great experience. It would have been a huge letdown at 2 TS credits! Coral Reef often gets panned, but the meal we had there a couple weeks ago was far superior IMHO.

Shannon
ShannonMB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #29
tinkermama117
Mouseketeer

Whispering Canyon Café. We had heard such great things about the food and the atmosphere. Honestly, the food made me gag and the entertainment was not all that it was hyped up to be.
1998- First Visit: off property,1999: off property, 2000: off property, 2001: off property, 2002: Land and Sea, All Star Music and Disney Wonder, 2003: Caribbean Beach Resort, 2006: Port Orleans Riverside, 2007: Off property but...then became DVC Members!!! 2008: Saratoga Springs, 2009: Saratoga Springs, 2010 (spring) Boardwalk Villas, 2010 (New Years) Saratoga Springs July 29- Aug 1 2012: BLT, Aug1-Aug 5 Disney Dream, Aug 5- Aug 11: BCV, Summer 2013:AKL and Vero Beach Split
tinkermama117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #30
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerhon View Post
For us, had to be "Via Napoli"--- Definitely not the worst meal we've ever had, but honeslty, liked the pizza better at "Mama Melrose"---

(Very soggy crust)

We had a really nice server, but the service was slow, and we felt really cramped--- tables were very close together-

Heard such great things about it--- will try it again, but wanted to really love ! Been looking for a new TS at "Epcot" for while now---

Anyone else??
Sorry to hear that as we had a nice experience there HOWEVER I've been reading mixed reviews which had a lot to do with service there (which can even extend into the kitchen), but they have no excuses for soggy crust, c'mon?? Shame on them! That's a bummer!

For us it was...SANAA for us...NOT GOOD FOR US...feel free to check out my review...
Our Sanaa Lunch Experience

BTW when I've mentioned this on the boards and some posters actually flamed me! How can we possibly have a bad meal there?? It is possible just like your VN experience.

As far as some of the other restaurants mentioned, so not surprised to read about O'Hana, unfortunately it is always a "hit" or "miss" situation, just don't know why. We did not have a good experience at CP dinner either (late ADR-food empty, not fresh, etc) and we didn't care for 1900 PF (food) and we could never really understand the fascination with Le Cellier either. (yes many of the tables are crammed together but maybe some people like this??) And YSH which is another "hit" or "miss". We haven't been there in a long time because our last experience was a "miss" although I have been reading better reviews "overall" these days but still not sure about going back because it's a risky investment...lol!

Last edited by jwfla422; 04-06-2013 at 05:02 PM.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: