Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #61
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elleshoodat View Post
Aren't they great?! My favorite is peach parfait.
I couldn't believe I waited so long to try them. I kept passing by them while at the drugstore until I finally gave in. I'm going to have to pick that one up! I'm loving sugar frosting!
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Disneybabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #62
cannonboys
Mouseketeer

I am LOVING this!! Thanks so much for the GREAT tips!! I am an oil slick and last year in June I went with the new matifying Clinique makeup (can't remember the technical name) DID NOT WORK! Was so upset and had to use oil blotters the whole time. Not fun especially when you bring them out and people look at you with this blue paper that you are blotting your face with. Kinda embarrassing. Will try the MOM and Urban Decay Deslick. I just found out about the UD eyelids primer in sin. Why didn't I know about this one before? I just about gave up on eyeshadow!! WOW very impressed with that Urban Decay brand. Keep the suggestions coming....we will be there again in June and can't wait!!! Thanks friends!!
cannonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #63
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonboys View Post
I am LOVING this!! Thanks so much for the GREAT tips!! I am an oil slick and last year in June I went with the new matifying Clinique makeup (can't remember the technical name) DID NOT WORK! Was so upset and had to use oil blotters the whole time. Not fun especially when you bring them out and people look at you with this blue paper that you are blotting your face with. Kinda embarrassing. Will try the MOM and Urban Decay Deslick. I just found out about the UD eyelids primer in sin. Why didn't I know about this one before? I just about gave up on eyeshadow!! WOW very impressed with that Urban Decay brand. Keep the suggestions coming....we will be there again in June and can't wait!!! Thanks friends!!
Oh man, was it the Stay Matte Oil Free Liquid Make-up? I was going to try that one for my last trip, as people were raving about how great it was in the heat.
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Old 04-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #64
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxYates View Post
1. Generic brand milk of magnesia. You laugh but a professional makeup artist taught me this. Take cotton ball and put a light layer of the liquid on your face - if anything turns white you have used too much. Apply your makeup over it once it dries. I do this in the dead of Summer went temps reach up to 110 degrees.
Huh... thanks! I thought the girl at Sephora was nuts telling me to use this! She didn't explain how to apply it though so thanks x2.

In this vein, I'm a very oily-skinned person and I'm thinking of forgoing my regular foundation on our July trip for just a tinted moisturizer (or bb cream or whatever) with sunscreen in it. Anyone have recommendations for this?

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

fadingjamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #65
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Definitely give eyeshadow pencils a try too. The urban decay 24/7 pencils do not create even without primer. I also love the color tattoo cream shows (Maybelline u think) for the same reason.

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #66
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie

Huh... thanks! I thought the girl at Sephora was nuts telling me to use this! She didn't explain how to apply it though so thanks x2.

In this vein, I'm a very oily-skinned person and I'm thinking of forgoing my regular foundation for just a tinted moisturizer (or bb cream or whatever) with sunscreen in it. Anyone have recommendations for this?
I like the smashbox. It is oil free and pretty good at helping control oil. I do use a setting powder with it plus urban decay makeup setting spray.

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #67
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post

In this vein, I'm a very oily-skinned person and I'm thinking of forgoing my regular foundation for just a tinted moisturizer (or bb cream or whatever) with sunscreen in it. Anyone have recommendations for this?
I have truly been loving Clinique's new CC Cream. It's a color correcting cream with SPF 30 designed to brighten your skin. Since it is a new item, I haven't been able to test it in the heat yet. But, I will for my May trip. I like using it on the weekends for fast makeup. It covers my rosacea and evens out my skin perfectly. It provides just enough coverage without making me feel like I have make-up on. The only downside is the $35 price tag.

Old 04-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #68
LBlovesM&WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadingjamie View Post

In this vein, I'm a very oily-skinned person and I'm thinking of forgoing my regular foundation on our July trip for just a tinted moisturizer (or bb cream or whatever) with sunscreen in it. Anyone have recommendations for this?
I normally have oily skin, but this winter it's been a combo (very dry in spots and oily in others). I have been using the Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm and really love how it makes my skin look and feel. My H told me he thought it was so natural looking and thought my complexion looked really pretty.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:46 PM   #69
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I am not a fan of Urban Decay Primer Potion, I prefer the primer by NYX (and its cheaper!). But, at Disney, I use the Benefit cream shadows in the little pots. I also use a waterproof liquid liner for the top and MAC Technakohl liner for the bottom. I put the MAC liner on my waterline on the bottom. Very few liners stay on the waterline all day for me and since I wear contacts, I can't use a waterproof one because it dries out my eyes. But the MAC one works the best for me and doesn't bleed into the corner of my eyes as much (Stila Kajal liner is the WORST for bleeding!!)

I use the Clinique three step skincare system with the liquid face wash, toner and moisturizer. I can usually find them cheap on eBay and in travel size. I don't believe the moisturizer has SPF in it, however.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #70
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
I would not leave the house without my makeup. I want to look my best and of course at WDW I want my pictures to look good!

I just pinned the Urban Decay All Night Spray to my Handy for Travel board so I can remember it.

What does everyone use to remove this type of long lasting/waterproof make up at bedtime? Anything special needed?

At Disneyland I use the Aveeno Positively Ageless moisterizer with sunscreen and I never got sunburned, it didn't make me break out, and didn't make me oily. Love that stuff!
I use DHC cleansing oil to take off my waterproof makeup
Old 04-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #71
NuJoy
First Lady of Kittrell

A few links from gossmakeupartist you might like to check out. I've had success with some of his tips, recommendations, and techniques.

1. Milk Of Magnesia Tip
http://youtu.be/XmeYRJL4Uug

2. Best setting Sprays
http://youtu.be/Lmu-hGpTUPs
NuJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:01 PM   #72
cannonboys
Mouseketeer

Yes, I still have the bottle and it was the Clinique Stay Matte foundation. I really wanted it to work and it looked awful and the colors were very off (tried 2 different ones). Ask for a sample and try it out for a week. See what you think. I like the Pore Refining foundation better, but I still have to put on MAC's mattifying lotion before.
cannonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #73
Pinup Mommy
Making everyday a Dapper Day!!

Great thread!!!

Here goes my list.....

Evian Facial Spray
Estée Lauders Re- Nutriv Cream
Benefits Dr. Feelgood as face primer
Armani foundation
Benefits Play-stick as concealer
Urban Decay eyeshadow primer
BenNye eye brow pencil set with Benefits Brow-Zing!
Eyeshadow is either MAC , Stila or Urban Decay
MUFE Aqua Cream liner, (I go old school pot and brush) set with MACs carbon
Lashes from ELF, Duo adhesive
Too Faced,Lash Injection mascara
Set with MUFE HD Powder
Mary Kay Lip Primer
MAC lipstick/ liner in Russian Red or Ruby Woo
Benefit Blush
Stila Highlight in Kitten

Everything stays set with Model in a Bottle

Mid Day I like to touch up with Benefits Poefessional.

This is my routine 95% of the time, including trips to Disney

DL local since 1980 ~ WDW 1986 ~ WDW 2000 Disney Contempary ~ WDW 2005 Disney Polynesian ~ AP holder since 2009 ~ DL's MNSSHP 2011&2012 ~ DCL Wonder 2012 Halloween Cruise

Pinup Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #74
mousekatool
Mouseketeer

Foundation: Bare Minerals
Concealer: (if needed) the cream concealer from BM
Blush: Nars Orgasm
Eyeshadow: Laura Mercier neutral palette
Liner: Sephora eye pencil
Mascara: Loreal Voluminous
Lips: Fresh Sugar or Rosé
mousekatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #75
ricosuave
Mouseketeer

So I tried maybellines BB cream today an I'm glad I tried it before our trip. I hated it. Very greasy going on and I felt like there was no tint at all. I have oily skin and don't want to wear foundation, but want a little something to even out the skin.
I do use monistat chafing relief gel as a primer and absolutely love it. I've tried others and always go back. Is there primer in BB cream already?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: