Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #31
shellybaxter
Dis Veteran
Disney Restaurants for one hundred Alex

I only go to Florida between Oct and March, so I don't get the full on HOT and HUMID weather. I always wear a full face of my normal make up. I only use MAC. I use moisturizer, consealer, studio fix foundation and powder, blush eye shadow, pencil liner, mascara, and lip stick and gloss.
shellybaxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #32
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Great tips! I have never tried milk of magnesia! I usually just spray the deslick at the end. I will try it post moisturizer as well.

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #33
shortchef
Mouseketeer

The only brand I can use is Arbonne. Foundation, sunscreen, moisturizer, everything. Have tried everything but this is the only brand that agrees with me and makes me look good PM me, I can give you info to get you started!
shortchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #34
DJBass
Mouseketeer

Burts bees moisturiser w SPF15. Lip balm. Mascara.
DJBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #35
chia92
Mouseketeer

Smile I love make up almost as much as Disney

I will be bringing my Laura Geller Spackle primer, LG Balance and Brighten, Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes, Tarte eye shadows, not sure which mascara I have that is water proof, a variety of lipsticks and glosses, Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil Powder and my Mac Fix+ to set it. Hoping it doesn't melt off when I am there in a few weeks.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #36
clynngibson
Mouseketeer

Another makeup lover here, too!

I use:

Mary Kay Foundation Primer

Revlon Photo Ready BB Cream-I love that I can use a little (like a tinted moisterizer) or more for a fuller coverage.

Mary Kay Pressed Powder-I also carry this in a compact to reapply if I get oily.

Mary Kay eye primer under whatever shadows and liner I use

Urban Decay setting spray for oily skin...can't think of the name at the moment (Love this!) Ulta had a travel size for about $9 that lasted a long time for me! Mary Kay now carries the same thing for about $18 for a full size bottle. (Both UD and MK are from the company Skindanavia)

I don't wear gloss or lipstick usually, but do wear chapstick. I just discovered Nivea Macadamia Nut Kiss Lip Butter. I think it would be perfect for a park day!

Me DH DD 6yo DS 2yo

December 2012-First Trip to Disney! (offsite)
Currently trying to figure out how to convince DH to let me plan another WDW vacation soon!!
clynngibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #37
TxYates
Earning My Ears

Lorac porefection powder is awesome and covers great - I use it as a foundation on the weekends
TxYates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:49 AM   #38
tryplm
Mouseketeer

What a great thread! I use UD for almost all of my products. I start with Pore Perfection primer, then I use Surreal Skin Cream to Powder foundation, followed by the Naked face pallette. Some days I use Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer & Stila blush in the breast cancer edition color (can't think of the name). I love UD Razor Sharp powder & DeSlick spray. I also use the eyelid primer and a 24/7 eye pencil in various colors. Lately its been black cat eye, and Too Faced has a great little set for $10 with an eyeliner & lash injection mascara. I'm a mascara junkie, so I usually have 4 or 5 different brands.

ETA: Oops! Posted too soon!!

2010- Sports 2012- CBR 2013- POP2013- CBR
]

Last edited by tryplm; 04-07-2013 at 02:14 AM.
tryplm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #39
shortchef
Mouseketeer

Arbonne Bronzer! Perfect for a quick "face" or as contour and glow over primer and foundation.
shortchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:53 AM   #40
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoPrincesses View Post
Hi makeup lovers. I haven't come across a similar thread but thought it would be fun/helpful to share products we are planning to bring at Disney. Disney is a challenge for makeup lovers because it's hot and makeup can melt off your face and run and has to survive getting wet. I tried googling and found some stuff on YouTube (Most useful video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FibRbos4bIM) but a lot of it is very impractical (e.g., false eyelashes).
Actually false eyelashes are not impractical. Last May, I had a lady at my beauty salon apply the single lashes to my eyes and she said they should last 10-14 days. I told her I was going to WDW, where it'd be hot and humid. She used some super duper glue stuff she had and they stayed on. I did lose a few at Disney, but most stayed put. I loved waking up with naturally, long, curly lashes without having to curl my lashes or apply mascara. I plan on having her put some more on for my upcoming May trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
I just stick to some tinted foundation, colored lip balm with an spf, and waterproof mascara.

I think no matter what you use, it won't last through a whole day in the parks. And half smeared on makeup looks a bit crazy. And I don't have the patience to stop and re-apply makeup multiple times when I'm in the parks.
I agree! I wear very little, if any, makeup down there. Several years ago I had my eyeliner permanently tattoo on, so don't have to worry about eyeliner. I also had my lips tattooed a medium pinkish/rose color (just a little darker than my natural lips), so may or may not wear lipstick. Other than undereye darkness, my skin is decent, so I don't really worry too much about foundation. I always apply a good moisturizer and a good sunscreen though. I also always have a good lip balm with spf with me. (Lip balm is the only thing I ever carry with me into the parks.) Then I may use a little mineral makeup or a little tinted moisturizer, then apply Urban Decay primer on my eyelids, and maybe a little mineral eyeshadow. If not wearing false eyelashes, I might use a little waterproof mascara. It's just too hot and humid down there to worry too much about make up that's going to melt off five minutes after you leave the room. Most of the women I've seen down there wearing a full face of makeup, their makeup looks like it's melting off or looks really, really caked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxYates View Post
Okay, I deal with the same weather living on the Gulf Coast of Tx. 2 things are wonderful for humidity/shine.

1. Generic brand milk of magnesia. You laugh but a professional makeup artist taught me this. Take cotton ball and put a light layer of the liquid on your face - if anything turns white you have used too much. Apply your makeup over it once it dries. I do this in the dead of Summer went temps reach up to 110 degrees.
Hello fellow Texan! Actually I had a cousin who told me about smoothing on just a little milk of magnesia to keep the shine off the face about twenty years or more ago. I think it's one of those ole southern remedies women here in the south have used for years to control facial shine. As you said though, you just have to be careful to use a tiny dab on a cotton ball, just enough to make light film on your face, or you'll look like a ghost with peeling skin. lol A little monostat antichafing cream works as a good facial primer too, just apply and let dry to a powdery finish--smooths your face and makes foundation go on smooth as silk.

Last edited by aubriee; 04-08-2013 at 12:33 AM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:01 AM   #41
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

oops, duplicate
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #42
Aardvarks
DIS Veteran

What a great thread.

I am all for you attractive ladies looking your best at WDW and I find falshe eye lashes to be very glamorous.

You know when you have hit the spot when you get winked at by old Varkie.

Personally, I just shave, slap on some factor 30 spf on my face and then polish up my bald head... :D

Now do ya really wanna mis out on a wink form old Varkiie.... Lol
Aardvarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #43
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxYates View Post
Okay, I deal with the same weather living on the Gulf Coast of Tx. 2 things are wonderful for humidity/shine.

1. Generic brand milk of magnesia. You laugh but a professional makeup artist taught me this. Take cotton ball and put a light layer of the liquid on your face - if anything turns white you have used too much. Apply your makeup over it once it dries. I do this in the dead of Summer went temps reach up to 110 degrees.

2. Urban decay de-slick. This is a great product, but expensive at $30. This works great year round. You spray the mist over your moisterizer, apply your makeup, the re-apply.
I use MoM...Awesome stuff for oil control
Old 04-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #44
dayfritch
Earning My Ears

I always wear Laura Mercier's primer under my makeup and that helps the foundation to stay. I use Laura's foundation too or her tinted moisturizer. Never had any problems!
dayfritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #45
Elleshoodat
DIS Veteran

I don't wear a ton of makeup whether I'm at home or on vacation, so my routine stays the same at WDW:

--Aveeno positively ageless moisturizer with SPF (Or sometimes I use CG Smoothers tinted moisturizer or Dr. Jart BB cream. Regardless, it's gotta have sun protection!)
--MAC sheer select pressed powder
--Urban Decay primer potion in Sin (I love a little sparkle.) Sometimes I put eyeshadow on top, sometimes not.
--NYX eyeliner
--Cover Girl lash blast fusion mascara
--Nars Orgasm blush
--Revlon lip butter, smashbox O-gloss, Burt's Bees lip shimmer or good ol' ChapStick (I'm a bit obsessed with lip products; these are just a few of my favorites lately.)

Thanksgiving 1988, Offsite * June 1991, Beach Club * Easter 1995, Dixie Landings * June 1999, All-Star Movies * Easter 2005, Offsite * September 2007, Caribbean Beach * October 2008, Lake Buena Vista Best Western * May 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * October 2009, Port Orleans Riverside * April 2010, Port Orleans French Quarter * May 2012, Port Orleans French Quarter (Read our trip report here!) * October 2013, Wilderness Lodge
Elleshoodat is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: