Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #16
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
I have and will always use makeup ( full face) on my trips to Florida..Even in the summer..I have never had any issues with melting off.I use alot of waterproof stuff though.I use mostly Makeup forever products ( they were designed for water performers).I also use Nars Primer on my eyelids.
Where do you find the Makeup Forever products? Do they sell it at Sephora? I've never heard of that brand but would love to try it!

I always do full makeup in the parks. I usually use liquid eyeliner in the parks, because for me I feel like it stays longer.

everythingALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #17
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

I burn easily because I'm really pale, so on vacation I use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen and then powder on top so I'm not all shiny. I'm currently using CoverGirl Smoothers pressed powder, and it's quite nice, I like it. I didn't use waterproof mascara last time I was at Disney World because I didn't go on wet rides, but this time I'll likely use waterproof, though I've yet to find a brand I like. My non-waterproof mascara is L'Oreal Voluminous. Other than that, I just use some eyeliner. I don't like a long makeup process for early mornings so I keep it simple, and I don't like to spend a lot of money on makeup so everything is a drugstore brand.

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #18
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingALICE View Post
Where do you find the Makeup Forever products? Do they sell it at Sephora? I've never heard of that brand but would love to try it!

I always do full makeup in the parks. I usually use liquid eyeliner in the parks, because for me I feel like it stays longer.
Sephora does.Love their products..I have yet to have issues with melting off
Old 04-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #19
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMulieri View Post
Sephora does.Love their products..I have yet to have issues with melting off
Thanks!

everythingALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #20
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

@rebeccaariel, Have you tried Covergirl Lashblast waterproof? The one in the orange tube is very good.

EDIT: I meant to hit quote but hit reply instead.

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #21
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTwoPrincesses View Post
@rebeccaariel, Have you tried Covergirl Lashblast waterproof? The one in the orange tube is very good.

EDIT: I meant to hit quote but hit reply instead.
I have not! I've used their non-waterproof kind before and I liked it so maybe I'll try that. Thanks!

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn

Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #22
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

I don't use much makeup. I bring my mascara which is waterproof, my chapstick and my sunscreen. Oh and a loose powder compact that I use to try and remove some of the shine from my face. It's just a plain basic transculent powder by cover girl.

I used to use an eyeliner that was waterproof but I don't even bother with that anymore. I can't even remember the name of it.

What is setting spray? I've never heard of that and I'm just under 50 years old. I guess I've never been a big makeup person. LOL

Connie

WDW: 16 family trips, 10 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (3), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
GaSleepingBeautyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #23
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

No foundation, just sunscreen (usually Hawaiian Tropic), with a little MAC eyeshadow in Shale, Black mascara and Burts Bees lip balm in Watermelon...does it for me. (Apart from going to MNSSHP...then it's a lot different, including black lipstick!!!)
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #24
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Another Bare Minerals user here. That stuff is great! I also use a Mary Kay creme blush. It is lightweight and doesn't melt. For lips I also use Mary Kay tinted lip balm during cooler months or for evenings when the sun isn't as intense. When the sun is more intense I'll use a lip balm with SPF.
Pixie Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #25
NuJoy
But you won't get your new sled if she's dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post
What is setting spray? I've never heard of that and I'm just under 50 years old. I guess I've never been a big makeup person. LOL
Think of it as super hold hairspray for your face.

NuJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #26
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuJoy View Post
Think of it as super hold hairspray for your face.
Yes. It keeps your makeup from melting off. There are many different types depending on skin type. So some will control oil (e.g., Urban Decay De Slick) and some will hydrate (e.g., Urban Decay Dew Me).

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #27
disneyy
Earning My Ears

i wear a full face of makeup at the parks whenever i go. i had really bad acne that has healed but not i've got red scars. i wear kat von d tattoo concealer and foundation. that stuff can cover anything. but something i swear by is urban decay all nighter long lasting setting spray. you spray it on your face and your make up will last all day long even with really oily skin. i will never be without that stuff ever. i purchased it from sephora for $29.00. it is seriously an amazing product and suggest it to anyone who likes to wear make up but is worried about it melting off.
disneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:25 PM   #28
Disneybabe84
Mouseketeer

I have extremely sensitive skin so I use the Aveeno Ultra Calming line. I mainly visit in July/Aug so I wear Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer and waterproof mascara. I top it off with Clinique's glosswear lipgloss, which has SPF 15 in it. I'm looking forward to trying their new CC Cream for my upcoming trip.
April '91 (Off Site), April '02 (Off Site), July '03 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '04 (Polynesian), March '06 (Polynesian), July '07 (Yacht & Beach Club), July '09 (PoP Century), July '10 (All Star Music), July '11 (Wilderness Lodge & PoP Century), Aug '12 (All Star Sports & Contemporary), May '13 - (Shades of Green), July '13 - (All Star Sports), Aug '14 - (Coronado Springs)

Last edited by Disneybabe84; 04-17-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Disneybabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #29
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

A nice, broad-brimmed, white straw hat will go a long way to reduce the direct sun on your makeup, helping it last longer (and you'll have that distinctive "Southern Belle" look about you as well!)...
Old 04-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #30
TxYates
Earning My Ears

Okay, I deal with the same weather living on the Gulf Coast of Tx. 2 things are wonderful for humidity/shine.

1. Generic brand milk of magnesia. You laugh but a professional makeup artist taught me this. Take cotton ball and put a light layer of the liquid on your face - if anything turns white you have used too much. Apply your makeup over it once it dries. I do this in the dead of Summer went temps reach up to 110 degrees.

2. Urban decay de-slick. This is a great product, but expensive at $30. This works great year round. You spray the mist over your moisterizer, apply your makeup, the re-apply.
TxYates is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: