Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 02:35 AM   #31
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

I wondered about bearette's comment, too. What does it mean? I wear dresses and skirts to the parks because it is my choice. I feel more comfortable in dresses and skirts. Not everyone wears leggings or shorts underneath for fashion. For some of us, it is because we want to be modest, whether it be due to personal preference or religious reasons.
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #32
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

While I don't wear skirts or dresses to DLR I DO wear them to work at the bar, and since I'm dancing most of the night I wear shorts underneath. In fact, I wore a really cute black and white skirt Saturday night, the kind that flares out when you spin in circles, I wore black Spanx underneath. So I guess I'm the "type that wears shorts with skirts". Whatever that means....LOL

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #33
Judy from Boise
Watch out – might take away your birthday
Not superfluous in the least!
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post

Happy to know I'm not alone in my Athleta addiction. And glad that others agree it's OK to own 5 different colors of the same item! I love how you can switch out the sandals on some Athleta dresses (maybe add some jewelry) and make them an entirely different outfits for date night.
Athleta over spenders unite ! Last trip to WDW I had a skort, yoga top, and Chaco sandal outfit for each day. It was so fun and comfy. My favorite was my purple and red outfit ........

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Judy from Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #34
elliececil
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImarriedGrumpy View Post
I love Athleta's "Whatever Skort" for wearing to the parks. They are cute, light weight, don't wrinkle, and water beads up on it (although it will get soaked with lots of water). The shorts underneath are comfortable and I find they also help prevent chafing. I own 6 of them now in a variety of colors, and they are easily my favorite travel clothes. The "Whenever Skort" looks cute, too, but I don't own one (yet! ).
http://athleta.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=683764102
Thank you!! I went and looked at the web site and then found the only store in MD was only 10 minutes away! I bought a Whatever Skort today and may be back soon for a Whenever Skort.
elliececil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #35
ImarriedGrumpy
AKA Miss lady who isn't my mommy
artsfan married booksandcats!
Loves Target so much she has a planned "path" she follows

Quote:
Originally Posted by elliececil View Post
Thank you!! I went and looked at the web site and then found the only store in MD was only 10 minutes away! I bought a Whatever Skort today and may be back soon for a Whenever Skort.
I'm so glad I could help! I was so happy to discover these skorts myself, and I've gotten so addicted to them that I practically live in them in the summer! I love that they are so easy for travel, too. I get a lot of compliments on mine...and I think I'm up to 7 different colors now! I like that Athleta rotates in a new color every now and then.

Delighted to be married to a Grumpy! Me DH DS (6) Beatrice Rosalind Alton
ImarriedGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #36
Congo Queen
DLand Devotee Since 1966

Ah this has turned into an Athleta thread. I am a big fan of their merch. They offer lots of great travel wear. I do like their summer skirts and breathable moisture wicking tops (and bras and undies) for my summer visits to Dland. These items are made from sports material that keeps you cool and dry in the heat and that work well when you get off GRR and you are drenched. I will never again wears jeans and a cotton T to Dland in the summer - it makes no sense.

Hatters Gonna Hat
Congo Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #37
beachdreamr1229
Mouseketeer

So I bought one of the Wherever skorts that everyone's talking about. I like it. Only complaint is that the shorts under the skirt are slightly too short for me. But, the fabric is so nice and lightweight. Thanks to all of you who have been talking about these skorts. I love it!

1987-1999: DL At least 1 trip per year
2000: WDW for Millenium Celebration CBR
2003: DL Grad Nite
2006-2008: DL 1 trip per year for the holidays
2013: First trip to DL with DS, DLH, PPH, APs for the year

Already in the beginning stages of planning another BIG trip to DL for 2015 (60th Anniversary), and another BIG trip to WDW in 2021 (50th Anniversary)!
beachdreamr1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #38
Judy from Boise
Watch out – might take away your birthday
Not superfluous in the least!
DIS World Traveller

DISboards Moderator

the sweet spot skort ( for me in tall) is a more fitted silhouette , but also comfy. I do not order the tall in the "whatever" because it is too long ! I really like the bottom zip pocket in the SP. The whatever is so water repellant it is not that it dries quickly.....it just doesn't get wet. a miracle ! Paired with Chaco sandals and I just laugh and say bring on the water !
Judy from Boise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:17 PM   #39
ImarriedGrumpy
AKA Miss lady who isn't my mommy
artsfan married booksandcats!
Loves Target so much she has a planned "path" she follows

Just got back, and I wore my whatever skorts each day we were there. One strong argument for wearing a skort or bike shorts under your skirt is Luigi's Flying Tires! There is air blowing up from the ground as you get on and off, and DH was dying watching me try to keep my skirt down! We were laughing so hard by the time I made it off the attraction floor!

Also, we noticed in our ride photo from Splash that without my shorts underneath, that pic would have been part of the "Flash Mountain" collection!!

Thank goodness for cute skorts!

Delighted to be married to a Grumpy! Me DH DS (6) Beatrice Rosalind Alton
ImarriedGrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:30 PM   #40
WDWsBFF
Everyday Disney Dreamer

I actually went out and bought a cute dress for my upcoming trip because of this thread! Lol. I too will join the majority of you and wear shorts underneath....For me it's a personal preference. I keep thinking Im gonna trip at some point and eat dirt...haha...So I rather be safe than sorry but thats just me. :-)
3 DLR trips: 2 in 2009 and 1 in 2013 all off-site

I DON'T HAVE A TICKER RIGHT NOW!
WDWsBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:28 PM   #41
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy from Boise View Post
the sweet spot skort ( for me in tall) is a more fitted silhouette , but also comfy. I do not order the tall in the "whatever" because it is too long ! I really like the bottom zip pocket in the SP. The whatever is so water repellant it is not that it dries quickly.....it just doesn't get wet. a miracle ! Paired with Chaco sandals and I just laugh and say bring on the water !
Continue on with the Athleta recommendations, everyone! I also love the sweet sport skort. The whatever skort is too much material for me, so the more fitted sweet sport skort works better. I bought it in black last year and I'm considering getting an additional color.

For running, just got the second wind skort, which I love! Too short for the parks, but great for the DL 10K! And for a comfy running top, the velocity tank is great.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon (GF/BWI!)
pixarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #42
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Title Nine also makes some nice skorts that work well at DL and WDW.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #43
Midnightred
DIS Veteran

Kohls has some great skorts online. Just look under the women's "skirts" section.

Midnightred
Midnightred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:22 AM   #44
theluckyrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmears View Post
Title Nine also makes some nice skorts that work well at DL and WDW.
Agree with this! Title Nine also carries great dresses and skirts (not just skorts) that work great for trips to the parks. The clothes pack without wrinkles, wash in the sink or tub and drip dry, are comfy and very adaptable for modesty needs, and come with great customer service!
theluckyrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:33 AM   #45
Plaid Princess
Recovering CM, Pilot in Training

I hate shorts, they never fit me right (I'm 6'2, so even some of the longer off the rack shorts make me look like a hoochie mama)... so as soon as its too warm for pants or capris, it's skirts and dresses for me! Sometimes with leggings, sometimes not. As long as you pay attention to what you're doing, you shouldn't have any problems on the rides. I personally wouldn't go mega short though.

Plaid Princess is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: