Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
figment814
Mouseketeer

Wishes (Fireworks show) Inspired Wedding

Greetings all! My best friend just got engaged and is thinking of having her wedding at Disney. As I love Disney, and party planning...and she loves the former, but hates the latter...I volunteered to help!

My friend and her fiancee love disney, but they each love different things...the thing they agree upon absolutely is that there favorite thing to do at Disney is to experience Wishes. (They both tear up...it's so cute...but I'm no one to talk!)

Looking for any advice on how to make their experience special and related to Wishes!

Below are a few things they are considering:

1. They may get married off-site for family/religious reasons, so I am mainly looking for party ideas that wouldn't necessarily be connected to DFTW (but might be.)
2. The wedding/celebration will be small 10-15 people.
3. Budget is not a big consideration. (Lucky them!)

Assuming wedding is offsite; they are mainly considering:
1. Private Dinner and Sago Cay Dessert Party during Wishes
2. Private Dinner and Grand Yacht I Desserts/apps during Wishes.

Looking for thoughts on anything but particularly interested in thoughts on appropriate decor, cake ideas, party favors etc.! They aren't looking for literal ideas (they don't necessarily want Jiminy Cricket and Tinkerbell on a cake) but any ideas that are more figurative and classy/classic in nature.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
figment814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:45 AM   #2
dewingedpixie
Mouseketeer

They may want to look into a wishes cruise. I think with their number this maybe available. They can have light snacks and desserts on the cruise.

IF they are religious they can get married in the wedding pavilion and bring their own pastor if they want. The escape would provide a cake and flowers for them which can be upgraded. They could pay for transportation for their guests to dinner afterwards and then to the park. The one issue with the wishes cruise is their guests will probably need park access.

dewingedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Ooh, I love this theme! I immediately thought of navy as a main colour, with perhaps a hint or two of bright colours (not unlike fireworks against the sky).

Here are some flowers that could be really interesting to hint at a fireworks theme: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/fire...wer-bed-173458
Particularly spider mums, dahlias and I would add stepanotis, which are like stars.

Invites (after a quick look through etsy, but there are a lot more to be had)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/12120174...eworks+wedding

Something like this would make for an interesting decor idea: http://www.etsy.com/listing/12621969...eworks+wedding

I would probably suggest a private dinner at Narcoosees or California Grill then the fireworks cruise as dessert. But there are a few other restaurants with private dining options if they have other favourites.

Okay that was a little all over the place. Just some thoughts
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
figment814
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewingedpixie View Post
They may want to look into a wishes cruise. I think with their number this maybe available. They can have light snacks and desserts on the cruise.

IF they are religious they can get married in the wedding pavilion and bring their own pastor if they want. The escape would provide a cake and flowers for them which can be upgraded. They could pay for transportation for their guests to dinner afterwards and then to the park. The one issue with the wishes cruise is their guests will probably need park access.
Thanks for the response. I'm wondering why park admission would be needed for a wishes cruise? The lake and marinas are not in the park.

Thanks for the thoughts on the pavilion; her parents are footing the bill and want the wedding in a church...not sure about all the details as to why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Ooh, I love this theme! I immediately thought of navy as a main colour, with perhaps a hint or two of bright colours (not unlike fireworks against the sky).

Here are some flowers that could be really interesting to hint at a fireworks theme: http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/fire...wer-bed-173458
Particularly spider mums, dahlias and I would add stepanotis, which are like stars.

Invites (after a quick look through etsy, but there are a lot more to be had)
http://www.etsy.com/listing/12120174...eworks+wedding

Something like this would make for an interesting decor idea: http://www.etsy.com/listing/12621969...eworks+wedding

I would probably suggest a private dinner at Narcoosees or California Grill then the fireworks cruise as dessert. But there are a few other restaurants with private dining options if they have other favourites.

Okay that was a little all over the place. Just some thoughts
Those ideas are wonderful!!! I sent her the links and she loved the cake topper and flowers!
Previous Trips to WDW: Offsite (1980, 1996, 1997, 2008); SSR (2005, 2008, 2010, 2011); BWV (2009, 2010, 2011,2012); WLV (2010); AKL-Jambo (2011); AKL-Kidani (2011); BLT (2012) Upcoming: 2013 BWV (2) and AKL-Jambo

My WISH Journal
Old 04-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #5
dewingedpixie
Mouseketeer

The wedding pavilion is a non denominational church with a view of the castle :D.

I am footing the bill for our disney wedding and i wanted to get married outside so thats what we're getting. Sometimes its good to pay your own bills.

dewingedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
figment814
Mouseketeer

As I mentioned,I'm just a friend/MOH now. So I am not going to champion the wedding pavilion on her behalf.

IMHO, and I have been honest with my friend; I don't love the WP like many brides do. If it were my wedding I'd move mountains to get married Epcot,but it's her wedding not mine.

My WISH Journal

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: