Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #1
charity
Mouseketeer

Help with types of room views at AKL

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two types of savanna views at AKL? We are booked for aug5-10 2013 in a pool room but I'm thinking of upgrading
Old 04-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
bcrook
DIS Veteran

I don't really understand this question. Do you mean the name of the two different savannas that can be seen from rooms? Arusha or Sunset? Some of the rooms face a third savanna - the Uzima Savanna - I believe. Each of those savannas are exciting. The pool view won't allow you to see any animals from your room.

But you can see the savannas from a wide range of vantage points all over the resort.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 02:51 AM   #3
Sue M
DIS Veteran

The Arusha Savana has been the most often requested, so now they made that more $. Our first stay we had Sunset Savana, and last August we had Arusha Savana. I did like Arusha better. It seemed we saw more animals. Arusha is the main savana in the Center of the resort. However, we did enjoy sunset savana too.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 20-Sept 3 2014 GF & GF CL
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #4
bcrook
DIS Veteran

I only stay at Kidani. The sunset savanna is gorgeous, but I request the Pempe because of the okapis.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

We were upgraded from a standard view to a pool view for our 1st AKL stay. I loved our pool view room. We stayed in the Zebra trail 4th floor. Very convenient to the pool, Mara and the lobby. Pools view rooms have a very good location as far as proximity to the lobby and the pool.

There are lots of public viewing locations to view the Savannah animals, so I did not feel that we missed out on anything that year. We were not in our rooms much and would not have really gotten any use of the room view. We came back to our room late at night and thought the night pool view was amazing.

Now that we are on our 4th trip, and 2nd to AKL. We booked a Savannah room, CL level Arusha Savannah as we will be in our room more this trip. I can justify the extra money for a view as we will be there to take advantage of the view.

I would only book a Savannah view room if you think you be there enough to enjoy it. Look at the AKL map on allears website. The map gives you the name and locations of all three of the Savannah's.

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
charity
Mouseketeer

I guess I was not clear in my question. they have 2 options for savanna views one is more expensive than the other, what are the difference to make the cost different? More animals or different animals? Is one better than the other?
Thanks
I really starting to freak out over this trip! Never stayed at AKL before and I'm just unsure.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by charity View Post
I guess I was not clear in my question. they have 2 options for savanna views one is more expensive than the other, what are the difference to make the cost different? More animals or different animals? Is one better than the other?
Thanks
I really starting to freak out over this trip! Never stayed at AKL before and I'm just unsure.
Arusha is the main savanna for the lodge. But sunset savanna is the main one for Kidani. Personally, I would book the cheaper savanna view. If you have a savanna it will be worth it. They all have high points.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: