Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #1
TX4B
Earning My Ears

Question Anyone gone on DW young families VIP tour?

We are going on 8 night DC Magic from Galveston this month with our 3 year old twins. Included is one day trip to Disney World. We are thinking about booking a best of walt disney world resort for young families vip tour, but I can't find any reviews of it. Its 295/pp excursion, so I would hate to make a $1180 mistake.

Can anyone give me a review of this? If you have gone on this, is it worth it?
TX4B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:23 AM   #2
gloria1016
Earning My Ears

Are you talking about the VIP tour or is there a specific tour for families with young children?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
lorenni
DIS Veteran

You might be better off posting on the boards for the parks, unless this is specifically a DCL excursion.

I have not heard of this your. I've done the keys to the kingdom but that was far less expensive and over 12yo only.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
luv that cruise
Someone give me instructions as if i were a first grader!

I recently did some research about VIP tours for disneyland and disney world. They sound very nice. My guess is the DCL set these up for guests to maximize their time at the park(s). Not sure how DCL has set up their tour but normally it is about $315 per hour for up to 10 people on a tour (total price, not per person). It is designed as a private tour but I bet DCL has modified it with a pre-planned agenda that covers attractions for young families - peter pan, small world, perhaps a few meet & greets, reserved seats for certain shows, etc. I went on a group VIP tour about 2 years ago and it was well worth the $. They took us behind the scenes to get from place to place. An example: From main street you can go to a parking/storage area behind all the shops and come out in adventure land. There is also a way from main street to tomorrow land. I'd recommend it based on past experience. Good luck.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:31 AM   #5
luv that cruise
Someone give me instructions as if i were a first grader!

I just hopped over the DCL port adventures website and I think the above info is probably what you will get. It says they take you to Magic Kingdom and then to Hollywood Studios. At the end of your tour you can take transportation back to the ship or you can stay at the park, or you can go to a different park. Epcot might be your only option as Animal Kingdom usually closes earlier than the other parks.

It is expensive but it sounds like a very efficient way to be able to the see young family attractions at 2 parks. If you can afford it, do it.

Since the description says "young children" I would venture to guess it will not include the thrill rides such as space mountain, rock-n-roller coaster, tower of terror and big thunder mountain. Splash mountain is a maybe but i'd guess not due to that last drop. Haunted Mansion is mild but the nature of the ride might exclude this ride also. I hope this helped.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #6
Griffith6
Mouseketeer

We just got off the Fantasy yesterday (sniff, sniff) and came into Orlando a few days before. We did The VIP tour with Disney on Thursday before boarding ship. One word AMAZING!!!! We splurged (it's very expensive) but had awesome 12 hour day at the parks with 4 kids ages 6-12. We went to all 4 parks in 1 day to do the greatest hits. Our guide was great with the kids and very knowledgeable about Disney history & attractions. We efficiently tackled the parks getting on all big rides at the fast pass entrance. Best part is my kids were on best behavior - minimal sibling "love" (aka bickering while waiting in line or arguing over which ride to go on next)!!! We opted to stay at Homewood suites (affordable hotel with breakfast) vs a Disney property that would be $$ with big family (2 rooms). In summary a guide is great way to go but keep in mind they are best enjoyed if your kids like the fast pass rides which tend to be roller coasters, thrill rides. The guides can also reserve spots at parades, firework shows etc. I suggest calling them to discuss your family needs/desires. We are spoiled - park was super crowded (spring break) but we avoided crowds & were able to walk up fast pass lines (amazing). Good luck!
Griffith6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dcl, disney world, excursion, vip tour

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: