Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #1
*Nessa*
Cinderella is proof... a new pair of shoes can change your life

Walt & Roy Suites on the Magic & Wonder

Hi

Quick question to those who have been lucky enough to stay in the Roy or Walt suite on the original ships. Do they only have one queen bed? from the looks of the tour online the other room is twin beds. Can you ask for both rooms to be queen/double beds?

I am assuming that the sofa is a pull out (probably double) but if thatís the case would 2 couples be better off in a 2 bed suite?

thanks Vee

2002 Disneyland Hotel - 2004 Disneyland Hotel - 2006 - DL Grand California
2009 DL Paradise Pier - 2009 WDW OKW / POLY / WL - 2009 DFTW Western & Eastern Caribbean
2014 DCL Alaska & California Coast/DL 2015 DL/WDW/DCL Fantasy
MY PLANNING BLOG OUR WEDDING WEBSITE www.mattandnessa.com

*Nessa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #2
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Nessa* View Post
Hi

Quick question to those who have been lucky enough to stay in the Roy or Walt suite on the original ships. Do they only have one queen bed? from the looks of the tour online the other room is twin beds. Can you ask for both rooms to be queen/double beds?

I am assuming that the sofa is a pull out (probably double) but if thatís the case would 2 couples be better off in a 2 bed suite?

thanks Vee
I could be wrong, but I think all of the queen beds on the Wonder/Magic pull apart to make twins, and all the twin beds can be pushed together to make a queen. So in the suites where it shows two twins, they can be put together to make one queen. We have a suite booked and that was what we were told by our TA because I actually wanted the opposite (two twins). We have 4 children and letting them have their own bed is ideal. So yes, you can have more then one queen. Hope I am making sense and not being confusing!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #3
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Also there is a Murphy bed that comes out of the wall in those suites. I am thinking that is a full or queen and not a twin. Could be wrong about that though. Someone else will surely know.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Yes the cat R's on the classic ships have a double murphy that folds down in a seperate area adjacent to master bedroom.

I know there is two ceiling beds in the second bedroom of the R, but is there any in the cat S second bedroom?
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
JoiseyMom
Have you had your SPANX today???
I mean, peep poop should be shiny and colored!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Nessa* View Post
Hi

thanks Vee
The way the master bedroom is set up in the Roy, it can't be separated. From how comfy the bed is, I am pretty sure it was a pure queen, not to beds together. There are two twins and two ceiling beds in the second bedroom. There is no couch to open. But the couch is comfy enough if someone wants to sleep on it, and enough room in the suite if they have a cot to bring in. Not sure how big the murphy bed is, since we never opened it. It was only DH and & I so we had plenty of space. The room sleeps seven.

You can easily have two couples in the Walt/Roy, but 1 couple won't be in the same bed.
2005 August - Surprise Trip for kids!! CSR; 2006 August - Surprise Trip for kids at CSR again!! 2007 August - 3 nite Wonder & AKL FD 3peat!!
2007 December 8 - 7nite Eastern on the Magic! 2008 August 17 DCL Magic EB Panama Canal; March 2011 WDW trip with friends. 2012 Aug 25 DCL Bahamas Magic from NYC;2012 Sept 12 DCL Canadian Magic;2013 Aug AKL Kidani;2013 Aug DCL Fantasy

I am Poohtiful and Poohlicious!!!! Have you had your Spanx today???
JoiseyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
mousemamma
Mouseketeer

We were just in the Walt Disney Suite on the Wonder and it was fabulous!

OK, the master bedroom is a queen bed that can not be separated. It is a true queen mattress. The murphy bed in the room off the master is either a double or queen mattress.

The second bedroom (my husband and I and the kids stayed in this room) has two twin lower beds and two beds that come down from the ceiling. The twin lower beds can be pushed together to make a queen (we did this).

If I can figure out how to post pictures I will add them in. Anyone know how?
mousemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemamma View Post

OK, the master bedroom is a queen bed that can not be separated. It is a true queen mattress. The murphy bed in the room off the master is either a double or queen mattress.

The second bedroom (my husband and I and the kids stayed in this room) has two twin lower beds and two beds that come down from the ceiling. The twin lower beds can be pushed together to make a queen (we did this).

You need to download the photos to a photo hosting site (I use tinypic.com) and then copy the IMG code to paste here.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
Windermere
Cruisetoberfest I and II (in spirit). Love those back-to-back cruises.

Location: Windermere, FL -> Boothwyn, PA -> Columbia, MD -> Lansdowne, VA

We upgraded at the port last year on the Wonder as an anniversary present to my in-laws. The second bedroom is set up initially as 2 twins (with another 2 twins in the ceiling). All you have to do is ask the room steward to put them together.
The in-laws TOTALLY enjoyed their trip to Alaska even if they were cold.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
mousemamma
Mouseketeer

Walt Disney Suite Photos of Bedrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemamma View Post

Thank you for the photo hosting site tip!

Here are 3 photos ( I hope this works).

mousemamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:30 PM   #10
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Are there ceiling pull downs in the 2nd bedroom in the cat S on Magic Class?

Anyone know?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #11
mc2
Mouseketeer

Hello,
When we were in the Roy in 2009, the two twins couldn't be pushed together. We had assumed they could. Obviously things may have changed since then, but is there a chance they do push together in the Walt and not in the Roy?
mc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #12
SweetSpot
DIS Veteran

The pull out is always an option but it is really close to the master bedroom so I wouldn't really want another couple there. The second bedroom is great for another couple and their kids if needed and is on the other side of the suite for greater privacy.

I know it's a preference but I really preferred the Roy to the Walt suite.
SweetSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #13
brianvdb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Are there ceiling pull downs in the 2nd bedroom in the cat S on Magic Class?

Anyone know?
There's at least one ceiling pull down bed in the 2nd bedroom.... And two twins on the floor that could be pushed together.

I don't remember if there's a second ceiling bed.

Cat S also has a double bed in the sofa and a queen bed (that can't be split) in the main bedroom.
brianvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #14
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianvdb View Post
There's at least one ceiling pull down bed in the 2nd bedroom.... And two twins on the floor that could be pushed together.

I don't remember if there's a second ceiling bed.

Cat S also has a double bed in the sofa and a queen bed (that can't be split) in the main bedroom.
Thanks for the reply.

I thought I read or saw photos of at least one ceiling bunk in the S.

So you are confirming the S has at least one ceiling pull down in addition to the two twins on the floor in the second bedroom? Do you think it may vary between ships?

So the S has a couch that pulls out to a double bed.
Thanks for that conformation. And I agree.

It's still interesting after all these years DCL can't give correct/accurate details as to the bedding in it's most expensive suites.

I suppose these cabins are always booked , and if not they will sell them at port and still get their $. So ... dcl wins ... as usual. so why worry about specifics.

I will give credit where due. DCL does have great accurate details available on many sites describing their non suite cabins.

GO DCL
Old 04-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #15
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear3412 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I thought I read or saw photos of at least one ceiling bunk in the S.

So you are confirming the S has at least one ceiling pull down in addition to the two twins on the floor in the second bedroom? Do you think it may vary between ships?

So the S has a couch that pulls out to a double bed.
Thanks for that conformation. And I agree.

It's still interesting after all these years DCL can't give correct/accurate details as to the bedding in it's most expensive suites.

I suppose these cabins are always booked , and if not they will sell them at port and still get their $. So ... dcl wins ... as usual. so why worry about specifics.

I will give credit where due. DCL does have great accurate details available on many sites describing their non suite cabins.

GO DCL
We have room 8516 booked on the Magic in 2 weeks. I would be happy to give you a report on it when we get back, if it will help. It is a cat S.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: