Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
lam21575
Earning My Ears

Apple Stroller Rental?

Has anyone used this company to rent a stroller? It says the rental is free with the mandatory $5/day insurance fee. We would only need it for 5 days, so ends up to be about $25 to rent a double stroller...seems to good to be true? Let me know if anyone has experience or heard of this company.

Thanks!
lam21575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:48 AM   #2
Rashadvance
Earning My Ears

I came here to ask the same question. I reserved it a stroller, but I haven't paid for it yet because I was weary about it being any good. When they ask for payment just skip those questions and you can still make the reservations. The other thing that troubled me was the site's security. Their page doesn't seem to have any encryption despite asking for credit card information. Has any booked with them and used them before? Apparently they are a Disney Featured ECV provider...whatever that means.

Help is very much appreciated.
Rashadvance is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
FairyCC
Earning My Ears

I was wondering the same.... is it one of those things...."if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is"???
2009- "Disneymoon" 2 weeks!
2010- August (1st Anniversary)
2011- May & September
2013- September! DS's 1st WDW trip!

FairyCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Momma2PrinceNPrinces
DIS Veteran

Another forum I belong to has some members that have used them. The reviews are all over the map. Some had a great experience and the stroller was perfect. Others said the stroller was dirty, sticky, had trash left in it, etc. Another poster had no issues with the stroller but major issues with delivery. So, sorry I can't be of more concrete help. But wanted to share what I've heard thus far about them.

WDW '81, '90, '98,'02, '06 (US day trip after Carnival Cruise),'11 ,'13, '14

Momma2PrinceNPrinces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
TIGGERmetoo
DIS Veteran

I've heard they are a new company just getting started, hence the free - just insurance for now. I've scheduled a rental for September but haven't given any credit card information yet. Hoping to get more info by then.

Terri

TIGGERmetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #6
Team Bunch
Mouseketeer

There is another thread on here about this co. May want to search for it, it had a lot of opinions of people who had used/reserved it. My issue is how much harder is it to load/unload a stroller multiple times a day, rather than just getting a Disney one that you pick up / leave right at the park.
Team Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #7
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

We are trying thm out for early May. For $25 for a double for a week, I figured I would take my chances. The latest reviews I have seen on another board is that they seem to be doing a lot better. Clean strollers and they have got th delivery thing down.

As for a pp mentioning getting a stroller from WDW themselves, not easier for us. First and foremost, the strollers are hard plastic with no recline. No thanks. My boys nap in the stroller. They're also expensive (a double is $31 a day or $27 if you buy multiple days), you can't take them out of the parks with you, and you have to wait in the stroller lines when you get to the parks. I like to use my stroller at the resorts, when waiting for the bus, at downtown Disney. The citi minis fold easily and it is no hassle to get them unloaded. And they're much less expensive.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #8
Team Bunch
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the input on the stroller twin boys mom. I have never been to Disney and have been putting a lot go thought into this.
Team Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #9
twinboysmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Bunch View Post
Thanks for the input on the stroller twin boys mom. I have never been to Disney and have been putting a lot go thought into this.
You are very welcome. If you need to rent a stroller, I would choose one of the established companies for your first rental such as magic strollers, Orlando stroller rental, kingdom strollers. There are a few others. There are also some good you tube videos on the citi mini and the double citi mini showing you exactly how easy it is to fold them and how nice they are.

Btw, if anybody is on the fence about renting from apple I plan to write a review in about a month if you have time to wait before booking.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #10
Austinsmom068
Mouseketeer

I used apple for my February/March trip. I had no problems. The stroller was waiting at my resort when I arrived and in good condition. The only complaint is it didn't have a drink holder. Kinda annoying. Besides that $5 a day was a great price and I guess holding my drink wasn't as awful when I thought of how much money I saved.
Austinsmom068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
6disneykids
Mouseketeer

I had a fantastic experience with renting from Apple. I even called to change my drop off time and there was no problem.

I had no problem with the double stroller we rented being dirty, and we also made sure that we returned it to bell services in the same condition that we received it.

They have been renting scooters for quite awhile and they are new at renting strollers. They are Disney approved like the other stroller rental companies, and I think that the promotional offer of paying for insurance only is to instill repeat customers.
6disneykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #12
Angel Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My issue is how much harder is it to load/unload a stroller multiple times a day, rather than just getting a Disney one that you pick up / leave right at the park.
The Disney one only works if you don't care about having to carry the child from the park back to the hotel/car. We were staying at SOG with an 8 month old, so having the ability to have her in the stroller all the way back to the room (monorail to poly or boat to TTC) was important.

DLR: July '84 (first trip! ), July '86 (family), April '88 (Easter), August 2004 (DCA for the first time!), March 2009,
April 2010 (F&W Festival!), April 2011

WDW: July '87 (first trip to WDW!), April '93 (Easter), April '95 (Contemporary), July 2006 (Honeymoon - GF!), December 2007 (SoG),
March 2013 (SoG, our princess' first trip! ), October 2013 (SoG, F&W festival!), November 2014 (F&W adults only trip!)
Angel Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:02 AM   #13
tessa67
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There is another thread on here about this co. May want to search for it, it had a lot of opinions of people who had used/reserved it. My issue is how much harder is it to load/unload a stroller multiple times a day, rather than just getting a Disney one that you pick up / leave right at the park.
I haven't rented from Apple, I have used Magic. Those strollers have a loop on the seat you just pull and the stroller folds right up. Much easier than carrying all your stuff and a sleeping/tired child on and off the bus and to the room. Plus, those Disney strollers can get HOT in the summertime. Also, you don't have to wait in line to get a stroller at rope drop, you can head right to Dumbo, or whatever.
tessa67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: