Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
sweelu
Earning My Ears

DVC gathering on cruise

if you get some extra time, attend one or all the gatherings. everyone gets to enter for a $200 on board credit! We won!
sweelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #2
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

I went to one on our 14 night cruise. They are long and boring, lol. I'm a DVC member too! Once was enough. Even on a 14 night, going to those seemed like a waste of time just for the small chance of winning OBC. Way too many other things to do to be bothered with those. Congrats on your win though! If they granted OBC to everyone just for showing up I'd have gone.
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Lisavince3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
I went to one on our 14 night cruise. They are long and boring, lol. I'm a DVC member too! Once was enough. Even on a 14 night, going to those seemed like a waste of time just for the small chance of winning OBC. Way too many other things to do to be bothered with those. Congrats on your win though! If they granted OBC to everyone just for showing up I'd have gone.
I agree. Worth it for you if you won, but it was totally boring and drawn out. Time is precious, especially on a short cruise. We had at least 100 people in our DVC meet, so that's less than a 1% chance to win the OBC. I'd much rather have the time and take my (very good) chances at not winning.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Lisavince3
Mouseketeer

They also give free drinks, but for us it was just a very small glass of champagne. IMO, nothing to get too excited about.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisavince3
They also give free drinks, but for us it was just a very small glass of champagne. IMO, nothing to get too excited about.
They gave out some fun, fruity, blue tropical drinks when I went. I got a bag, a hat, and my magnet. Still not worth it, lol.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
bobyetman
Earning My Ears

The biggest reason for going is to find out the latest discounts or offers, If you're thinking of adding on. For example, we found out that they had some -AKL points to sell, so we were able to add on to one of our home resorts.
WDW - Fall 83, 84, Feb 90, Nov 92, Jun 94, Jun 98, May 99, Dec 2000, Apr 01, Apr 02, Dec 03, Aug 04, Jan/May/Dec 05, Apr 06, Mar/Jul/Nov 07, Apr/Dec 08, Mar, Dec 09, Jun 10, Oct 10, Jan 11, Mar/Nov 12, Nov 13 - DCL - Apr 08 (W), Dec 08 (W), Jun 10 (W), Jan 11 (D) - Apr 12 (F) - Dec 12 (W) Nov 13 (F) - DL - Nov 80, Jun 81, Sep 90, May 98, Apr 11, Dec 12,
bobyetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #7
remlap
Mouseketeer

on our 1st DCL cruise after getting on the ship after fantastic day in CC, went to the non-member DVC info (I am not a member) and won the $300 drawing. Made the trip that much more special.

We went to member celebration on the 7 night alaska cruise and it was was fun. That said, the place was packed. Very low odds, but the servers kept the drinks flowing. The games were much more fun than just watch the DVD of the non-Member version.

2008 4 Night Wonder to Bahamas & Castaway Cay
2010 2 Night Wonder Los Angeles Cruise to Nowhere
2012 7 Night Wonder Alaskan Adventure
2014 2 Night Wonder San Diego Cruise to Nowhere
2015 4 Night Dream to Bahamas & Castaway Cay
2015 2 Night Wonder San Diego Cruise to Nowhere
remlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #8
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlap
on our 1st DCL cruise after getting on the ship after fantastic day in CC, went to the non-member DVC info (I am not a member) and won the $300 drawing. Made the trip that much more special.

We went to member celebration on the 7 night alaska cruise and it was was fun. That said, the place was packed. Very low odds, but the servers kept the drinks flowing. The games were much more fun than just watch the DVD of the non-Member version.
We went to the DVC member gathering on the 2011 Panama Cnal cruise. Place was packed (standing room only) and I knew odds were very low. They gave away about a dozen small things (hats, bags, ect) and we won one of those. They put everyone's name back in for the OBC and our name was drawn again! It was "only" $200 and we were so very thrilled. Great way to start off a 15 nt cruise :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
robhawk
DIS Veteran

Definitely better thing to do with your time! The spa giveaways on embarkation day was a crowded snoozefest also!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #10
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robhawk
Definitely better thing to do with your time! The spa giveaways on embarkation day was a crowded snoozefest also!
Yup. What a waste of time. Went once. Never again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: