Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
fredandkell
Earning My Ears

If you've eaten at the 6:00 dining....

what are your show options? I was looking at the daily activities sheet from a cruise last year, and the shows were at 5, 7, and 9. I have two small children so a 9:00 show is out of the question. How long are the shows? Can we go to the 5:00 show and make it to a 6:00 dinner? Alternately, will the 6:00 dinner be over fast enough for the 7:00 show? Those times don't seem to align well. Thanks for any advice!
fredandkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #2
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredandkell View Post
what are your show options? I was looking at the daily activities sheet from a cruise last year, and the shows were at 5, 7, and 9. I have two small children so a 9:00 show is out of the question. How long are the shows? Can we go to the 5:00 show and make it to a 6:00 dinner? Alternately, will the 6:00 dinner be over fast enough for the 7:00 show? Those times don't seem to align well. Thanks for any advice!
If you have the 5:45 dining time then you have the late show which is at 8:30 I believe. If you have the late dining then you see the early show which is at 6:15.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
mtil
Earning My Ears

Some cruises have afternoon matinees at 3:00. I've been twice on the Dream with little kids (4 and 2) and the late show was not a problem for them. Their normal bedtime at home was 7:30 but with all of the excitement from being on the boat, they had no trouble staying awake for the late show. The biggest issue was trying to get them to go to sleep after the show.
mtil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #4
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtil View Post
Some cruises have afternoon matinees at 3:00. I've been twice on the Dream with little kids (4 and 2) and the late show was not a problem for them. Their normal bedtime at home was 7:30 but with all of the excitement from being on the boat, they had no trouble staying awake for the late show. The biggest issue was trying to get them to go to sleep after the show.
The 3:00 matinee was offered a couple of time on our 5 night cruise on the Dream last year but I don't recall ever seeing a 7:00 show? I also do not see it on recent navigators.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
fredandkell
Earning My Ears

Hmm, now I'm a little confused. We're on the 3-day Dream Bahamas cruise next week. Has anyone been on that specific cruise and experienced a matinee show?
Old 04-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #6
fredandkell
Earning My Ears

Just found this on the Disney Cruise website, but now I'm more confused, because I was not presented with an option to select my show time at booking. I even went back into my reservation and don't see that option anywhere.
Quote:
On the Disney Dream, our original live productions will be performed three times each evening. In order to make certain everyone is accommodated – similar to our assigned dining times – you will be assigned a specific performance. If you are on the first dinner seating time, you'll be assigned either the first performance or third performance of the live show. If you are on the second dinner seating, you'll be assigned to attend either the first or second show performances.

When you book your cruise, you will be asked to select a dinner and live show time based upon availability at that time. Requests to change these assignments may be made during the booking process or upon boarding the ship, if availability allows. On the Disney Dream, a stand-by line may be utilized for unfulfilled show time requests.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
When the Dream first sailed, I believe they offered 3 shows a night; but I'm guessing that didn't work out too well because they reverted back to the more "standard" 2 shows at 6:15 and 8:30pm. If you eat early, you go to the late show; if you eat late, you go to the early show. As some have mentioned, there might be an afternoon matinee show on an at-sea day. There should be some more recent Navigators posted than that.
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #8
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
On our Eastern Caribbean 7 night, there was a show at 3pm, 6:15pm, and 8:30pm each day. We usually went to the 3pm one as we had the 5:45pm dining room seating

ML_LovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #9
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hmm, now I'm a little confused. We're on the 3-day Dream Bahamas cruise next week. Has anyone been on that specific cruise and experienced a matinee show?
I am taking a 3 day in May and I have read all available recent navigators and I have not found a matinee. I think they were offered on our sea day on the 5 night. Here is a link for recent 3 night navigators.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...-navigator.htm

ETA: These were submitted by DISer bumbershoot so maybe you could check with them to be certain but I do not see a matinee listed on the navigators.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #10
ktb2002
DIS Veteran

You do not actually sign up for the shows. If you have late dining you are supposed to go to the early show, and early dining goes to the late show. You do not have to go to a certain show time, but if you go to the MDR for dinner you will only be able to go to the show opposite of your dining time. As far as matinees I cannot remember which cruises have them.

Wonder 12/21/08, Dream 03/27/12, Fantasy 07/14/12, Dream 10/07/12, Dream 10/11/12, Fantasy 05/25/13, Magic 12/22/13, Magic 12/27/13, Magic 12/30/13, Fantasy 05/31/14
ktb2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #11
STLDisney_Freak
I don't have a short attention span, I just.....OH look a kitty! Cats are like potato chips you can't have just one! Chihauhuas, Shih Tzus and Pugs! Oh My!

Quote:
Just found this on the Disney Cruise website, but now I'm more confused, because I was not presented with an option to select my show time at booking. I even went back into my reservation and don't see that option anywhere.
I don't know why the disney cruise website says that, but we have never been able to select our show time. You just select your dining time. If you have early dining you go to the late show and if you have late dining you go to the early show. I thought there was 3 show times during the early process when the dream and fantasy started sailing, but I thought they did away with the three showtimes. From the navigators I've looked at it I don't even remember seeing three show times.

Cruises sailed: 12/08 Magic - Western, 09/10 Wonder - DVC Member, 10/11 Dream - Bahamas, 05/13 Fantasy - Western, 03/14 -RC Brilliance of the Seas - STEELERS cruise! 10/14 - Wonder Double Dip
STLDisney_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #12
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Matinees are only offered on at-sea days, of which there are none for the 3-night Dream cruises.

Quote:
You should have been able to select a dining time, unless early dining was already full in which case you can request to be wait-listed. The show time will be the opposite of what you select for dining.

Enjoy your cruise!
lanejudy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:39 AM   #13
fredandkell
Earning My Ears

Thanks, everyone. Found a navigator from February of this year and it looks like you're all correct--there is a 6:15 and a 8:30 show...no longer 3 shows. So it seems that the official Disney Cruise website needs to update its FAQs!
Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #14
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLDisney_Freak View Post
I don't know why the disney cruise website says that, but we have never been able to select our show time. You just select your dining time. If you have early dining you go to the late show and if you have late dining you go to the early show. I thought there was 3 show times during the early process when the dream and fantasy started sailing, but I thought they did away with the three showtimes. From the navigators I've looked at it I don't even remember seeing three show times.
We were on the March 9th, 2013, 7 night Eastern Caribbean sailing last month and there were 3 shows all week. One at 3pm, one at 6:15pm, and one at 8:30pm. I guess it is different though for shorter cruises. I don't know how to upload my navigators, but I do have them with those times on there.

ML_LovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #15
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

That is how the Dream started out, with the three shows and you had to scan your card or something like that. They quickly found that it did not work, and changed the schedule to mirror that of the classic ships with two show times in the evening opposite the two dinner seatings. There is usually a 3:00 matinee on sea days, unless the crew needs to run extra rehersals [when there is a transition in the entertainment cast members].

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: