Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reservations
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I HATE the new WDW app. It deleted ALL my dining reservations. Need your help!

Hey guys!

I was working on my plans in the new Disney app on my iphone and as I deleted plans on day where I had dining reservations..... It deleted the reservations!!

I managed to get most of them back.

But lost my most prized one... Be Our Guest

I called Disney and they were of no help. They said they can't reverse anything even after I called a min after that happened.

I'm very upset.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton

Last edited by TDC Nala; 04-05-2013 at 08:49 AM.
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Sorry this happened. The app and website have lots of problems.

I have edited the post because it is a policy on this board that the board cannot be used to request trading or transfer of specific restaurant reservations for yourself. Please use the cancellation thread for July to see if any cancellations you can use are posted.

Here is the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3062718
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #3
elfling8
Mouseketeer

I can't even get it to start up on my smartphone - it just loads and loads forever.

Me DH
DD10 DS8
elfling8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Sorry this happened. The app and website have lots of problems.

I have edited the post because it is a policy on this board that the board cannot be used to request trading or transfer of specific restaurant reservations for yourself. Please use the cancellation thread for July to see if any cancellations you can use are posted.

Here is the link:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3062718
Thank you

I had forgotten about that thread.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

What a horrid thing to have happen! I'm so sorry the stupid app did that to you! I am not a fan either... I couldn't DO anything with it and have made 98% of my plans and reservations without it.

I do understand WHY Disney can't retrieve the reservation, but I really wish there was something they could do - especially since the theory is the reservations are not released back into inventory right away (maybe they are?). Some have said that if you show up when they open for dinner they might be able to squeeze you in - certainly worth checking! I know I will just in case!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
purple figment
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
especially since the theory is the reservations are not released back into inventory right away (maybe they are?). Some have said that if you show up when they open for dinner they might be able to squeeze you in - certainly worth checking! I know I will just in case!
I've seen reservations I've canceled show up immediately.

To the OP, I'm sorry this happened and I understand how discouraging it is. Keep checking online to see if anything opens up. If nothing comes up, you can try checking at the podium to see if BOG is taking walk ups. The night we were there in March the CMs were telling walk ups to check back periodically during the evening.

The menu is different, but lunch is CS so you could dine there without a reservation. You'll be able to see the different rooms and the talking armor, but you won't have a photo op with the Beast.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #7
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
What a horrid thing to have happen! I'm so sorry the stupid app did that to you! I am not a fan either... I couldn't DO anything with it and have made 98% of my plans and reservations without it.

I do understand WHY Disney can't retrieve the reservation, but I really wish there was something they could do - especially since the theory is the reservations are not released back into inventory right away (maybe they are?). Some have said that if you show up when they open for dinner they might be able to squeeze you in - certainly worth checking! I know I will just in case!
Apparently they are put back in the system the moment you hit cancel. That's what they told me.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple figment View Post
I've seen reservations I've canceled show up immediately.

To the OP, I'm sorry this happened and I understand how discouraging it is. Keep checking online to see if anything opens up. If nothing comes up, you can try checking at the podium to see if BOG is taking walk ups. The night we were there in March the CMs were telling walk ups to check back periodically during the evening.

The menu is different, but lunch is CS so you could dine there without a reservation. You'll be able to see the different rooms and the talking armor, but you won't have a photo op with the Beast.
Yes I will check.

I was so sad because it was the first ressie I made and was so glad I had it. Stupid system.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #9
figment5
Earning My Ears

I think I will delete the app before I accidently delete any ressies, I am sorry that happened to you

Last edited by figment5; 04-06-2013 at 08:10 PM.
figment5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #10
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment5 View Post
I think I will delete the app before I accidently delete any ressies, I am sorry that happened to you
That's why I'm warning people. I don't want it to happen to them!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: