Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #136
princess81499
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna3271 View Post
I just got an email as a thank you from DCL and for being a Gold Member and for being among the first to be on the Re-Imagined Magic out of Miami, they were putting an additional $100 OBC on my account! The email also mentioned this was because I was sailing during this promotional period.

This is the FIRST TIME I ever got pixidust! Anyone else?
I got it too! Very excited. We never get offers like this!

[SIZE="2"]Panama Canal EB Repo 2008, Halloween 2009, Alaska 2011, NYC Canada 7/8/12, Bahamas 8/24/12, Fantasy 11/3/12, Magic 11/6/13
princess81499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #137
magrudersmakes3
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry to say this, but we have had to cancel this cruise. I hope everyone has a great time!!

1998 First trip offsite, 2003 CBR, 2004 Sea World, 2005 POR, 2007 POR, 2008 BW, 2010 CCL, 2010 HRH Universal, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Dream, 2013 POP/POR (Princess 1/2 Marathon), 2013 BLT
magrudersmakes3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 05:59 AM   #138
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess81499 View Post
I got it too! Very excited. We never get offers like this!
Princess...
We are from NJ too (Northern)!!! We also have a home on the Jersey shore that we just restored from Sandy.

I hope you all fared well!
Donna3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #139
princess81499
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Princess...
We are from NJ too (Northern)!!! We also have a home on the Jersey shore that we just restored from Sandy.

I hope you all fared well!
We just had damage to our inground pool. New liner and new cover so we are good to go. However, we still have friends living with us. It is getting old. They need to move out soon.

[SIZE="2"]Panama Canal EB Repo 2008, Halloween 2009, Alaska 2011, NYC Canada 7/8/12, Bahamas 8/24/12, Fantasy 11/3/12, Magic 11/6/13
princess81499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #140
colachdec
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3
I'm sorry to say this, but we have had to cancel this cruise. I hope everyone has a great time!!
Sorry you had to cancel
Hope you have a chance to cruise again soon.

Welcome to all the new bookers!
80 days :-)
colachdec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #141
colachdec
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3
Sorry you had to cancel
Hope you have a chance to cruise again soon.

Welcome to all the new bookers!
80 days :-)
colachdec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #142
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess81499 View Post
We just had damage to our inground pool. New liner and new cover so we are good to go. However, we still have friends living with us. It is getting old. They need to move out soon.
OMG! That is TOUGH!!!! Ben Franklin said it best "Fish and houseguests smell after 3 days"! I can't even imagine having people living with us that long! You are an awesome friends! I am glad your house was OK, and you were able to fix the pool.

This will be a well-desevered vacation for you!!! We are excited to see the Magic! We are on the 8/26 Alaska cruise next week. When that is over, I can put my full efforts into planning this one!!!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:54 PM   #143
jrvikngfan
Earning My Ears

We are so sorry to hear this

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post
We hope everything is ok and you get to cruise very soon.

WDW: Caribbean Beach Resort ('05) , visiting WDW while waiting to adopt our little princess in Orlando, stayed off site for almost 30 days ('10) , Christmas at WDW parks: AKL ('11)
3nt Bahamas: Disney Wonder ('08), 7nt E. Caribbean: Disney Fantasy ('13)

jrvikngfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #144
jrvikngfan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I've been there on the Western. They have this cute trolley you can take around town. It is hop on-hop off. You can get it right off the pier. It stops all over, Hemmingway's house, the southernmost point, etc... You really do not have to pre-book anything (unless you want to do a water activity). We also stopped at Margaritaville on the way back to the ship.

So do you guys catch a trolley on your own once you arrive in KW or do you purchase a Disney excursion? We booked an excursion (biking) since the excursion description said the train wasn't a hop on and off situation and we didnt want to miss the chance to get pictures, etc. we would also like to keep costs down if we can and I have always heard excursions booked with the cruise line are usually over priced. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

WDW: Caribbean Beach Resort ('05) , visiting WDW while waiting to adopt our little princess in Orlando, stayed off site for almost 30 days ('10) , Christmas at WDW parks: AKL ('11)

Old 08-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #145
jrvikngfan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousefan5 View Post
Anyone interested in a fish extender group? I am not sure that it has been talked about at all.
Mousefan5,
We did our first FE on the last cruise and it was so much fun. For those less crafty folks (like myself and apparently OMalley) a smaller group is nice. We just did little gifts one day of the cruise that we delivered to the others who were interested. We ended up with 15 families which isn't large to some cruisers who have been doing FE for awhile, but we gave gifts to each person in each stateroom, so the number of gifts added up fast. With this being a smaller ship and less than 90 days to go , should be easier to manage for anyone interested.

Let me know... I am game for FE if anyone else is.

Old 08-19-2013, 04:28 AM   #146
Littleone68
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrvikngfan View Post
Mousefan5,
We did our first FE on the last cruise and it was so much fun. For those less crafty folks (like myself and apparently OMalley) a smaller group is nice. We just did little gifts one day of the cruise that we delivered to the others who were interested. We ended up with 15 families which isn't large to some cruisers who have been doing FE for awhile, but we gave gifts to each person in each stateroom, so the number of gifts added up fast. With this being a smaller ship and less than 90 days to go , should be easier to manage for anyone interested.

Let me know... I am game for FE if anyone else is.
We would be up for it. Had fun with it last time.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #147
Donna3271
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrvikngfan View Post
So do you guys catch a trolley on your own once you arrive in KW or do you purchase a Disney excursion? We booked an excursion (biking) since the excursion description said the train wasn't a hop on and off situation and we didnt want to miss the chance to get pictures, etc. we would also like to keep costs down if we can and I have always heard excursions booked with the cruise line are usually over priced. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

hi, We totally did it on our own. It is literally right off the pier. Really, no need to buy from Disney. Save some money. My son just turned 12, and Disney excursions charge 10 and above the adult price. These tours usually charge 12 and under the child price, so I book independent when I can.

The trolly is great (NOT THE TRAIN)!!! Hop on- hop off. Especially if you want to go the the most southern point. It is too far to walk there from the ship.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #148
mousefan5
Mouseketeer

I am interested in a fish exchange. I organized it last time so I can do the same. I will start to compile a list of those interest and start brainstorming ideas. I know my daughter enjoyed this on our last cruise.
mousefan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 05:23 PM   #149
Ferrentinos
DIS Veteran

We are probably joining in!

Hi all - We are looking to book this cruise! It will be our second aboard the Magic and I really hope that we can make this trip work! I'll subscribe to the thread and hope to have a definite booking at this time tomorrow! It will be me, DH and DD2 - her 3rd birthday is right after we get home. I REALLY hope that this works out for us!!! We were aboard the Magic last summer (2012) when it was out of NYC and we LOVED it!!!!
5/01 - AKL, 4/05 - CBR, 7/06 - POFQ, 12/07 - Pop, 6/12 - DCL Magic NYC, 12/12 - Poly, 7/13 - PolyCL, 1/14 - PolyCL, 5/14 - AKLCL, 7/14 - GF SL, 11/14 - YC/GF , 6/15 - PolyCL, 7/15 - DCL Fantasy, 7/15 - AKL CL

Ferrentinos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #150
jellojatdisney
Mouseketeer

I recently booked 3 kids and myself on cruise. I usually take kids on Disney Cruises alone as I was only able to convince DH to join us on Alaska Cruise. I think this is our 8th as I am a bit obsessed with Disney Cruises. We live in NJ and kids have off Thursday-Friday. It will be me , DS 13 , DD 11, and DD 9. Would love to meet up with others.
August 2011 Alaskan Wonder
February 2012 3N Bahamas Dream
August 2012 Eastern Fantasy
March 2013 Western Fantasy
Me DH
DS13 DD11 DD9
jellojatdisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: