Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #106
Kittylover513
Mouseketeer

Unfortunately I think what sapphire said is more likely realistic...an anoxic brain injury will have a very different outcome that a traumatic brain injury where the brain as been battered/bruised...in that case there can be healing of the tissue, in his case from lack of oxygen the tissue is dead. I think false hope is a cruel thing...
Old 04-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #107
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

However, I am a firm believer in faith and God has performed lots of miracles, the biggest of what we celebrated two weekends ago. I do believe in the powers of prayer.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #108
mom of a lil pirate
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DisneyNUTS View Post
Sorry I need to address the "grim" posts. Yes he has had a severe injury but it is WAY WAY WAY too early to conclude that his prognosis is grim. We were told our son would never walk, talk, recognize us as his parents, know his name etc... He does WAY more than they ever said (goes rock climbing, swim, talks, knows who we are and much much much more etc...). Doctors MUST give worst case scenario but millions of kids prove them wrong everyday. So please for the sake of Chase's family, who I am sure are scouring the internet right now looking for hope, can we leave out all the "grim' comments? Like I said MILLIONS of kids suffer brain injuries that are catastrophic only to have MIRACULOUS recoveries. A child's brain is plastic and can adapt, adjust and believe it or not REPAIR when injured. So please I beg you guys to stop with the negative posts. I am 12 years out but to a new parent reading these you are making a horrible terrible tragedy worse with these words.
I agree. It is early and no one knows all the facts. Here is just one story of a little girl who had a near drowning who was pulsless for about 45 minutes and is doing great after a cord blood infusion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL7oCPjFlK4. Who knows, maybe they banked Chases cord blood and can try that. I pray they had a safe flight home today and will certainly be following Chase's fight.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #109
Itinkso
DIS Veteran

They made it home; there is a new post on the CaringBridge site!!
WDW 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: