Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #46
Forever a Princess
One bottle of ketchup is not enough!

Thank You for posting this link.

We have been so worried about this young one.

Our hearts and prayers go out to him and his family.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #47
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLBDS View Post
We just debarked the Fantasy this morning and we thought of Chase often throughout the cruise. So glad to hear he survived the pool incident and will hopefully make a full recovery.
You know, I've thought a lot about you all on this cruise. Everyone is coming home and it brings tears to my eyes to see the posts from them on his FB page.

Still praying.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #48
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythreeboysandme View Post

Really? We were on board in January and I would definitely say they are salt water pools.
I've been on the Fantasy in June, Dec & March. They are NOT salt water pools. We have a chlorinated pool and one of the ways you can sanitize your pool is with an ionizer or a salt system. This doesn't turn your pool into a salt water pool tho. It's possible they use a salt system, or the water seems different because of it being desalinated.

In any case, DCL is correct in advertising fresh water pools.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 04-06-2013, 07:34 PM   #49
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireMind View Post
The Disney home page says they use fresh water pools. Most cruise ships use salt though.

Some of the medical details seem weird. Fevers aren't actually dangerous until they get much much higher, and ice is hard to control as a cooling substance - they would use a cooling blanket rather than ice I would think.
Just an FYI - we use ice at my hospital for fevers as well. No cooling blankets. I work with a non-pediatric population, but ice is commonly used.

I'm definitely not speculating on the medical care. I've read the Care Bridge posts and he seems to be in VERY good and capable hands.

I think about him often and pray for a full recovery. Kids are fighters. Kids are resilient I wish him the best.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 04-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #50
ForTheLoveOfDCL
A Dream is a wish your <3 makes........

I have nothing but concern for any family who had injury and major situations. My heart breaks for all this family has been going through. Makes us wake up and realize how things could easily happen to any of us.

What I want to know is what is Disney gonna do about the pools and the lack of parents having their kids follow the rules. ( this does not pretain to this young boy ) I have read a ton of threads on the pools and lack of following the rules, to many in the pool, etc. I wrote Disney on this, as I have read 100's of complaints of how the Donald pool is over-run with kids belly flopping, jumping, etc when we all know the rules , why aren't parents following this? So I wrote Disney just a short note of my concerns. I think if all of you wrote in they would have to make some changes....so I am asking that everyone writes in and voices their concerns over no CM's enforcing anything at the pools. Thanks for ur help in making the pools more pleasant and safer for our families!

https://sites.google.com/site/disney...pt5122015/home <---Sept. 5th, 2015 Disney Fantasy web page
Old 04-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #51
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I hate to say this, but unless you are on the ship and provide details I doubt your complaint goes far. Complaints based in Internet 'hearsay' don't carry much weight

On my cruse I did not see jumping, belly flips etc..,, there wasn't room in the pools for the kids to find enough water for those tricks

And the howls of outrage when you are told you can't get in the pool anytime you want will be LOUD
Old 04-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #52
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

Prayers are desperately needed for little Chase...in the latest post on Caring Bridge, his parents are requesting more prayers as they have received an unsettling prognosis. Please join in prayer for Chase and his family.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/chaselykken11
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Old 04-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #53
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso
Prayers are desperately needed for little Chase...in the latest post on Caring Bridge, his parents are requesting more prayers as they have received an unsettling prognosis. Please join in prayer for Chase and his family.

How incredibly heartbreaking. I'm so sorry for this poor family.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #54
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post

So sad. It seemed like a few days ago he was making progress, and now this news - a parent's worst nightmare. My heart really goes out to the family. Simply awful.

Are there any more details about what exactly happened? I know there are a lot of "rumors" going around, but has anyone heard exactly how he ended up in the pool? How long was he "missing" and who rescued him etc?

I think as a parent of young kids, it's natural to wonder how something like this happens - you like to think it can't/won't possibly happen to you, but really it could happen to anyone at anytime.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #55
Gilbertgirls
Earning My Ears

Sad to read the latest news of this family. Please continue to pray for the comfort of the family!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #56
Susiesark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbertgirls View Post
Sad to read the latest news of this family. Please continue to pray for the comfort of the family!
The latest post was very grim. By the sound of his previous posts, it sounded as if if he was making good progress. Dad had also mentioned earlier that when he was pulled out of the pool he was blue. Goodness, how long was he under water?
Old 04-07-2013, 11:37 AM   #57
alexandlillie
Mouseketeer

I just logged on to say the same as the prior posters. Heartbreaking to hear the latest, grim prognosis from their facebook posting.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #58
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susiesark
The latest post was very grim. By the sound of his previous posts, it sounded as if if he was making good progress. Dad had also mentioned earlier that when he was pulled out of the pool he was blue. Goodness, how long was he under water?
I guess no one will ever know. The only approximation you can make is the time between when the last family member saw him and the time he was pulled out. I'm sure it wasn't that long but I guess long enough to do this. So sad. I can't imagine. I have a 6 yo boy myself. Seeing their sweet baby's face on FB is just so heartbreaking.

Last edited by luv2sleep; 04-07-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #59
alexandlillie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLAuburn View Post
Are there any more details about what exactly happened? I know there are a lot of "rumors" going around, but has anyone heard exactly how he ended up in the pool? How long was he "missing" and who rescued him etc?

I think as a parent of young kids, it's natural to wonder how something like this happens - you like to think it can't/won't possibly happen to you, but really it could happen to anyone at anytime.
I wonder too...facebook just says that the parents came rushing up to the Donald Pool...the father fell to his knees to pray - as he saw strangers giving cpr to his unconscious son - whose body was blue.

I can't even imagine the devastation. I will never ever leave my children near the bath, a pool, anything...

my young son LOVES to play in any water, and I CAN imagine the temptation to play would be so great, he would just run to it..even if I'd asked to wait with me for a minute while I attended to his sister.

I don't know that that's what happened of course, but I can completely see that potential.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #60
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandlillie

I wonder too...facebook just says that the parents came rushing up to the Donald Pool...the father fell to his knees to pray - as he saw strangers giving cpr to his unconscious son - whose body was blue.

I can't even imagine the devastation. I will never ever leave my children near the bath, a pool, anything...

my young son LOVES to play in any water, and I CAN imagine the temptation to play would be so great, he would just run to it..even if I'd asked to wait with me for a minute while I attended to his sister.

I don't know that that's what happened of course, but I can completely see that potential.
Wow of his whole body was blue it was a long time. I don't know how long but it had to be more than a few minutes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: