Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #61
davidmolliesmum
i must resist chocolate... i must resist chocolate....

the $10 off offer is now over
the facebook page has a lot of info... and maybe worth keeping an eye there for another offer coming up again soon?!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Unive...45053425644809

September 2014; Disney Villa & 1st DisneyCruise,September 2013; Southern Dunes, August 2012: Southern Dunes, September 2011: Southern Dunes, September 2010 All Star Sports, June 2009: Kissimmee, June 2008: Southern Dunes, June 2007: Pop Century and Wedding!
Me DH DS10 DD8

davidmolliesmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #62
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpriamson View Post
I know I'm probably coming across as a shill, but I really liked photoconnect. When I got home and went to order the CD, I noticed one of the pictures with one kid with her hand out didn't have a character in it. I emailed their customer support, and they sent me back a corrected photo with a character (Dr. Suess fish in a teacup I think).
Wow, they sound like they do some really neat photos, they were just starting it when I was down in 2010, it sounds like it has really improved, sounds like if you take your time while you are there to edit them, etc, you will get some nice photos, can you purchase the package even if you are not going for awhile or is it better to wait till you are there??
jnjusoioa is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #63
stormer
DIS Veteran

After looking thru hpriamson's trip report photos I am considering trying this when we go in August. I have two questions maybe someone can answer.

1. Now that the $10 off promo ended is there any benefit to ordering before I go or should I just buy when I get there?

2. Is there a list anywhere of what pictures you can get taken? I know the rides, but what else like picture with Spidey, Transformers, etc. I checked the Photo Connect website and created an account, but didn't see any list.
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:28 AM   #64
Bluer101
Waiting till vacation comes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
After looking thru hpriamson's trip report photos I am considering trying this when we go in August. I have two questions maybe someone can answer.

1. Now that the $10 off promo ended is there any benefit to ordering before I go or should I just buy when I get there?

2. Is there a list anywhere of what pictures you can get taken? I know the rides, but what else like picture with Spidey, Transformers, etc. I checked the Photo Connect website and created an account, but didn't see any list.
There is no list but pretty much all on ride, characters Spider-Man included, and any photographer for US though out the resort. Now I had my photo taken with transformers but that was before they built the photo area for them but I'm sure it's included.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #65
Ali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchthesky View Post
I'm curious how the annual pass option works, where you can supposedly get the pictures for a whole year. Does anyone have more info on that? Price, how it works, is it really the whole year, etc? Thanks in advance!
I bought this under the impression that it was like photo pass at disney, where you gets release to print pics at Walmart or cvs, etc. it is not. As another poster said you get 1 print, a plastic card in a lanyard, and the opportunity to view and copy pictures to Facebook or twitter. Nothing high res to try to print at home, either. When I bought it I asked if I could print them out after I got home and I was told yes. When I figured out the website I realized I couldn't, so I paid 40 dollars for the pleasure of looking at pictures. So I asked for a refund immediately, and finally got my refund check yesterday after months of back and forth with amazing photos customer service.

If you are going to buy ride pics then buy the pics, why pay more to see the pics? I still don't get it. What am I missing? Help?
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #66
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali View Post
I bought this under the impression that it was like photo pass at disney, where you gets release to print pics at Walmart or cvs, etc. it is not. As another poster said you get 1 print, a plastic card in a lanyard, and the opportunity to view and copy pictures to Facebook or twitter. Nothing high res to try to print at home, either. When I bought it I asked if I could print them out after I got home and I was told yes. When I figured out the website I realized I couldn't, so I paid 40 dollars for the pleasure of looking at pictures. So I asked for a refund immediately, and finally got my refund check yesterday after months of back and forth with amazing photos customer service.

If you are going to buy ride pics then buy the pics, why pay more to see the pics? I still don't get it. What am I missing? Help?
The package I bought included a CD with all my pics - all ride pics, all character pics, all roving photographer pics, about 70 in all over 4 days. I ordered it after I got home. All are at high enough resolution for printing. This was the 5 day pass, BTW, not the annual pass. Maybe the annual is different?

If you look at their website https://presale.amazingpictures.com/PhotoConnect.aspx it says the package includes a "Photo CD of all your pictures"

So it was pretty close to the Disney package. The main difference is I had no ability to edit pics online before ordering the CD.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:26 AM   #67
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormer View Post
Looking through all my pics:

Rides:
FJ
Hulk coaster
MIB
Ripsaw falls
Jurassic Park
Rip Ride Rockit
Spider-Man (the one where they photograph your group and add the newspaper front page background)

Characters:
Spider-Man
Shrek & Fiona
SpongeBob
Woody Woodpecker
Transformers (pretty sure)
ET (2 staged pics - one on bike, one in closet)
Superhero parade (not sure about this one)

Rovers:
In front of each park, (inside & outside)
On the bridges between CityWalk & parks
At Jurassic Park car & T-rex
On bridge between HP & JP
Old 06-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #68
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone for explaining this to me!

I think I am ready for this. I will get my card entering the park (I bought it in May online), get my photos and while the D's are on rides I cannot do, have the photo people help me with the borders and add-ins, see if I can upgrade to park prints and then order my CD when I get home.

Sound good?
Old 06-28-2013, 10:05 AM   #69
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th

What kind of Dr.Seuss photos do they take? Like the one where the fish is in your hand, was just curious about that.
jnjusoioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #70
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBelleMom View Post
Thanks to everyone for explaining this to me!

I think I am ready for this. I will get my card entering the park (I bought it in May online), get my photos and while the D's are on rides I cannot do, have the photo people help me with the borders and add-ins, see if I can upgrade to park prints and then order my CD when I get home.

Sound good?
Pretty much what we did. One neat thing is that the lanyard they give you has a quick release buckle, so you don't have to take it off or lean over the desk to let the TMs at the rides scan the card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnjusoioa View Post
What kind of Dr.Seuss photos do they take? Like the one where the fish is in your hand, was just curious about that.
For family photos, they'll often have you do a pose where one or more family members hold out their hands like they're holding something, while everyone looks at their hand in surprise. That's not at any specific location. Then later they'll add a character in the hands. You can probably pick them, but we just let the TMs pick for us. We've gotten dinosaurs hatching from eggs, Dr. Suess fish in a teacup, Gingerbread man from Shrek, Woody Woodpecker, and the Universal globe.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #71
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpriamson View Post
Pretty much what we did. One neat thing is that the lanyard they give you has a quick release buckle, so you don't have to take it off or lean over the desk to let the TMs at the rides scan the card.

For family photos, they'll often have you do a pose where one or more family members hold out their hands like they're holding something, while everyone looks at their hand in surprise. That's not at any specific location. Then later they'll add a character in the hands. You can probably pick them, but we just let the TMs pick for us. We've gotten dinosaurs hatching from eggs, Dr. Suess fish in a teacup, Gingerbread man from Shrek, Woody Woodpecker, and the Universal globe.
I like the buckle idea and would love the dino egg. I may just have to ask for that. I really appreciate all the info you have shared.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #72
stormer
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the answers. I think we will give it a try.
October 1994 Port Orleans / Oct. 1996 Caribbean Beach Resort / Oct. 1999 Off site / Oct. 2004 Contemporary Resort / Oct. 2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge / Aug.2007 Port Orleans Riverside / April 2008 Saratoga Springs Villas & Wilderness Lodge Villas/ Oct. 2008 Old Key West / Feb. 2009 Polynesian Resort / Aug. 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2010 Carribbean Beach Resort / Aug. 2010 Bay Lake Tower / Feb. 2011 Grand Floridian and Beach Club Villas / Aug. 2011 Boardwalk Villas / Aug. 2012 Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village/ Feb. 2013 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2013 Boardwalk Villas / Feb. 2014 Coronado Springs / Aug. 2014 Old Key West
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #73
cneiniowa
Earning My Ears

Universal Studio Photo Connect

I followed the link suggested for "presale" discount and the price that is listed is 49.99. How are folks getting this for only 39.99?

Also are there more pics (character pics/photo ops) than just what is taken on the ride?

Are there photographers floating about like at Disney?

Thanks!
cneiniowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #74
pookadoo77
Mouseketeer

yes, photographers float around. they will also take a pic with your camera if u ask, FREE! we last went 2 yrs. ago, going back on aug. 2nd. only pics you have to pay for are ride pics.

Me, DH, Mom, DS 10, DS 9, DS 3

(Upcoming) Disney World Summer 2015, Universal Studios Orlando 2013, Universal Studios Orlando 2011, Disney World 2010,
Disney World 2007,Universal Studios Orlando 1996, Disney World 1992, Disney World 1989 (performer), Sea World Orlando 1988 (performer),Disney World 1987 (performer), Disney World 1982
pookadoo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #75
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneiniowa View Post
I followed the link suggested for "presale" discount and the price that is listed is 49.99. How are folks getting this for only 39.99?

Also are there more pics (character pics/photo ops) than just what is taken on the ride?

Are there photographers floating about like at Disney?

Thanks!
Apparently the presale discount is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pookadoo77 View Post
yes, photographers float around. they will also take a pic with your camera if u ask, FREE! we last went 2 yrs. ago, going back on aug. 2nd. only pics you have to pay for are ride pics.
Ride pics are all included now as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: