Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #31
babynala
DIS Veteran

Is this $40 price the standard price or a special? We are headed there next month and I think this is something we would like to get but I hate to order it so early in case our plans change.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #32
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Is this $40 price the standard price or a special? We are headed there next month and I think this is something we would like to get but I hate to order it so early in case our plans change.
The normal price is $49.95. There's no expiration so you can use it whenever
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #33
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekburgan View Post
The star card is hands down the best value in Orlando theme parks. Every ride. Every photo op (the awesome Spider-man on a comic book one, the Daily Bugle picture) Every meet n' greet (Shrek & Donkey, The Transformers, etc) and every Universal photographer's picture (be sure to have the Universal photo people add the special effects/borders in before you leave the park.

And the new deal includes a free lanyard, a printed out 8X10 or 5X7, one of your photos ON the photo connect card and more. This is a steal and not sure how Universal can even be making money on it.
When I got home and logged in, I found that some of our pics didn't have the effects put in - like my daughter had her hand out and we were all looking at it, but there was nothing there. I emailed their customer support and asked if the CD includes any stock images I could add - she emailed me back with new copies of the pictures with all the effects added. Great service.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #34
Jules123
Mouseketeer

Has anyone purchased this lately? I tried to create an account this morning to purchase and it won't let me.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:53 PM   #35
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th

Hi There, very interested in the photo system at Universal and IOA, so just thought I would bump this up, just curious if people would post some of their photos from this so we can see what they look like, also can you add things like borders, etc. Thank You.
jnjusoioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #36
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules123 View Post
Has anyone purchased this lately? I tried to create an account this morning to purchase and it won't let me.
I purchased mine on May 21 for a July trip.
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #37
gcoolie
I do believe in fairies!

I purchased ours on May 20 and we are driving to the airport right now!!!! I'll post some pics and let you know how it worked next week.

gcoolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #38
jnjusoioa
I fell in love with DLR, whats not to love. Fantasyland, Toontown, Nemo and so much more. Both parks and DTD are full of little Disney touches that make it truly Walt's park. Mickey Pretzels, Mickey Gingerbreads, Mickey pancaks. Yummy. It is truly th

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoolie View Post
I purchased ours on May 20 and we are driving to the airport right now!!!! I'll post some pics and let you know how it worked next week.
Can't wait to see your photos, would love to see photos to see what they do. Thank You.
jnjusoioa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #39
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Thank you! Just purchase for our upcoming trip in July

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
mommys3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #40
ericspcs
Earning My Ears

I think people are confused about photo connect. Even though you can pre order the package on line other packages they offer are not on the web site to order in fact I was told if you upgrade yor pre order package at the gate it will still cost you about 15-20.
ericspcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:08 PM   #41
MSH1420
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
Thank you! Just purchase for our upcoming trip in July
From what website did you purchase? I tried the link at the beginning of this thread and it didn't work.
MSH1420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:30 PM   #42
ericspcs
Earning My Ears

It works just put .aspx at the end
ericspcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #43
mareed
DIS Veteran

We pre-ordered this and used it on our trip last week. We ended up with 86 photos for the 5 days. Didn't see many photographers out in the parks. Our pics are mostly at the entrance and ride photos.

I learned that you must go to one of the Photo desks in the park and have every single picture edited if you want any sort of border on it on your CD that your order online. From reading here, I thought this was necessary only if they were adding something that was supposed to show up in your hands, but it is for every single picture. This is extremely tedious and your results rely entirely on the specific team member you get working with you.

Also, I wanted 4X6 prints for my photo album, and the pics are all scaled to either 5X7 or 8X10 and there's no way to change them to 4X6 in the park or online. So, when I print out 4X6 prints, part of the borders will be cut off.

For the CD, it looks like only the pictures that you have edited in the park will be included. So, if you want a ride photo to be zoomed in to just your party, you have to to it in the park, or you'll get whatever the default it (i.e. entire ride vehicle). I see that there are some edits with a few borders you can do online yourself, but the only option appears to be to download those, which are in low resolution not meant for printing - only for posting online. I expect the CD to be high resolution, and will certainly be complaining and requesting a refund if they're not!

I've ordered Disney's photopass many times, and Universal's product doesn't compare at all, but is better than nothing!
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #44
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

Yes, they don't have nearly as many online options before ordering the CD as Disney does. On the flip side, I found that the Universal photo reps at the end of rides would always zoom the picture down to just your party, while the Disney reps never did - it was always the entire ride vehicle. I even asked a Disney rep after one ride, and she said they don't do that.

The pics on the CD I got are all 2100x1500 pixels or 2700x2400 pixels.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #45
dedex13
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know...

If I pre-order now and then get an annual pass when I arrive at the park, will I get a year on the Photo Connect or do I need to have an active annual pass when I do the pre-order?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: