DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

 
jekjones1558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 8,139

Need help with BLT and grocery store/check-in

One week until my first BLT stay! We will be arriving at MCO about noon, so our room will probably not be ready. I am thinking that it makes sense to get our groceries on the way to BLT from the airport. We will have a rental car.
• I did online checkin (hope it went through). Does BLT Bell Services have refrigerators and freezers? Or do we need to go to Contemporary?
• If we decide not to get groceries before we checkin, what is the quickest grocery store to visit from BLT? Would it be the ones on 192 that are close to AKV?
__________________
Jean
I'm an OL Groupie!May, 2014
jekjones1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
disneynutz


Earning My Ears One At A Time
 
disneynutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: North Texas
Posts: 17,946

Bell Services is at the Contemporary. We shop at Walmart and or Publix. You can Google them for a map.

We will say hi to BWV for you, let us know what you think about BLT.

Bill
__________________

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

 
jekjones1558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 8,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Bell Services is at the Contemporary. We shop at Walmart and or Publix. You can Google them for a map.

We will say hi to BWV for you, let us know what you think about BLT.

Bill
Although I miss BWV when I stay elsewhere, I am glad that BW view rooms were booked when I planned this trip with DSis and niece and nephew. Usually I can't get my family to stay anywhere but BWV but this time there was no choice, so I get to finally try BLT.

I know where the Publix stores are near the Premium outlets, on 192 near AKV and the one near the intersection of 535 and 192. I just don't know which is closer/easier to BLT.
__________________
Jean
I'm an OL Groupie!May, 2014
jekjones1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #4
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,958

Info from another thread about the closest grocery to BLT. We haven't tried it yet but I've been wanting to try the "back" way!

"If you have a car and are going to grocery shop, ask the CM downstairs for directions to the publix. There's one out the back gate (turn right when you leave the BLT parking lot that takes you behind the MK -- make another right at the stop sign, then follow the road around a big circle) that takes literally 5 minutes to get to. My Google app was going to route me on a 30 minute drive to get to a grocery store."
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

 
jekjones1558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 8,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Info from another thread about the closest grocery to BLT. We haven't tried it yet but I've been wanting to try the "back" way!

"If you have a car and are going to grocery shop, ask the CM downstairs for directions to the publix. There's one out the back gate (turn right when you leave the BLT parking lot that takes you behind the MK -- make another right at the stop sign, then follow the road around a big circle) that takes literally 5 minutes to get to. My Google app was going to route me on a 30 minute drive to get to a grocery store."
When I googled I saw this Publix but the directions said restricted or private roads, so I didn't know if it was doable. I will ask at the bell or valet desk. Thanks!
__________________
Jean
I'm an OL Groupie!May, 2014
jekjones1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002
 
KAT4DISNEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nevada
Posts: 8,958

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
When I googled I saw this Publix but the directions said restricted or private roads, so I didn't know if it was doable. I will ask at the bell or valet desk. Thanks!
My Android maps has wanted to send us this way behind the MK before but I always thought we couldn't so I ignored what it was saying. But after reading this I figured I'd just listen to it next time.
__________________
Kathy

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #7
skelooch
DIS Veteran
 
skelooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Connecticut/Florida
Posts: 2,219

The closest grocery store to BLT is a Publix located at the Lakeside Village Center, 7880 Winter Garden Vineland Rd, Windermere, Fl, 34786, it's approx 5 miles from BLT. There are no restricted roads. take right out of BLT, at stop sign take a right, proceed approx 1/2 mile till you exit Disney property, turn right onto Reams Rd. continue on Reams Rd for 2.1 miles, Publix will be on your right. The Address of the store is Winter Garden Vineland Rd, but it can be accessed from Reams Rd.
__________________

2003 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Oct-BCV++++2004 Feb-BCV, Mar-BCV, May-BCV, Nov-BCV
2005 Mar-BCV,May-BCV, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV++++2006 Feb-BCV,May-VB,VWL & BCV,Sep-BCV,Nov-BCV
2007 Feb-BCV,May-BCV,May-OKW,Sep-BCV,Nov-OKW++++2008 Feb-BCV, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Nov-BCV
2009 Feb-BCV, May-BCV, Aug-OKW, Sep-OKW, Nov-BCV++++ 2010 Feb-BLT&OKW, Apr-OKW, May-OKW, Jul-OKW, Sep-BCV, Nov-BCV
2011 Feb-OKW, May- OKW, Aug-AKV, Sep-OKW, Oct-OKW, Nov-OKW
2012 Feb-OKW, May-OKW, Aug-BCV, Sep-OKW, Nov-OKW, Dec-OKW
2013 Jan, Feb, April, May, Jul, Oct, Nov,
skelooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

 
jekjones1558's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: MN
Posts: 8,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelooch View Post
The closest grocery store to BLT is a Publix located at the Lakeside Village Center, 7880 Winter Garden Vineland Rd, Windermere, Fl, 34786, it's approx 5 miles from BLT. There are no restricted roads. take right out of BLT, at stop sign take a right, proceed approx 1/2 mile till you exit Disney property, turn right onto Reams Rd. continue on Reams Rd for 2.1 miles, Publix will be on your right. The Address of the store is Winter Garden Vineland Rd, but it can be accessed from Reams Rd.
Those are the exact directions fom Google maps. I don't know why Google says restricted roads. Thanks for letting me know I can get there! The other Publix stores are so far away!
__________________
Jean
I'm an OL Groupie!May, 2014
jekjones1558 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #9
ErinC
DIS Veteran
 
ErinC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fairhope,AL & VWL
Posts: 1,896

When we checked in last Sunday I was worried about the candy in my girls Easter baskets melting. The BLT bell services guys offered to refrigerate them for me, so I think they have the ability to do that here. I think the roads around the MK were restricted at one time. Now they have opened them up for public use. Pretty neat to see the monorail garage and behind the scenes stuff back there. This has been our first stay at BLT and we have loved it! I hope you have a great one as well!
ErinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #10
kda
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: CT
Posts: 1,681

We used the 'new' Publix at least 4 times last October and it's a real joy. There's minimal traffic and it's definitely less than 10 minutes to get there. Unfortunately, there wasn't much else at the shopping center, including somewhere to eat. There was one restaurant, but we were actually looking for something quicker and simple.
__________________
kda<P>
kda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #11
pachelbel9
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 103

Don't know about freezers, but when we were there in Feb, they offered to refrigerate our groceries until our room was ready. Wish we'd known that, because we would have bought milk when we were at Publix. Ended up overpaying for it at the general store @ the contemporary.
pachelbel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.