Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 12:50 AM   #1
donut42
Earning My Ears

Please Critique My Itinerary

My family's 180 day mark is about a month away. This is our daughters (3 and 4) first trip. They are obsessed with princesses and the adults love good restaurants. All grandparents and one aunt are coming too. All have booked DxDP. We are staying at AoA in a Nemo Suite and family members have their own mermaid rooms. Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Fri 11/1
10:30am arrive
11:30am Chef Mickeys
1pm MK
7pm O'hana

Sat 11/2
8am RD @HS
10am Hollywood & Vine Disney Jr Play N Dine
1:30pm naps
4:30pm Epcot
8pm FFC (no kids)

Sun 11/3
8am RD @MK
9:30am Crystal Palace
4:30pm MK
7:30pm Narcoossee's

Mon 11/4
9am Boma
11am AoA pool
2pm naps
4pm Beaches & Cream
5:30pm AoA pool
8pm Jiko

Tue 11/5
8am RD @MK
10am Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
11am Cindarella's Royal Table
4pm MK
6:30pm Be Our Guest

Wed 11/6
8am Tusker House Donald's Safari Breakfast
9am AK
2pm naps
7:30pm California Grill

Thu 11/7
8am Akershus Princess Breakfast
Lunch Food & Wine Festival
3pm leave
donut42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
parkhopping
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donut42 View Post
My family's 180 day mark is about a month away. This is our daughters (3 and 4) first trip. They are obsessed with princesses and the adults love good restaurants. All grandparents and one aunt are coming too. All have booked DxDP. We are staying at AoA in a Nemo Suite and family members have their own mermaid rooms. Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Fri 11/1
10:30am arrive By arrive, do you mean the time you'll be arriving at your resort? Are you flying/taking DME? If so, be sure to allow a good 1-1.5 hours from the time your flight lands to the time you'll be on property.
1pm MK
7pm O'hana

Sat 11/2
8am RD @HS
8pm FFC (no kids)

Sun 11/3
8am RD @MK
9:30am Crystal Palace I'd hate to make a ressie smack in the middle of the morning like this because I see it as valuable touring time. But you have several other MK days including one other MK morning, so it's not a huge deal if you want to keep it this way.

Mon 11/4
9am Boma
11am AoA pool
2pm naps
4pm Beaches & Cream This seems like a really late lunch, especially with dinner not too far away, but that's just my opinion. Your family may prefer this setup.
8pm Jiko

Tue 11/5
8am RD @MK
4pm MK

Wed 11/6
8am Tusker House Donald's Safari Breakfast Be sure to have someone grab FPs for the Safaris when the park opens
9am AK
2pm naps

Thu 11/7
3pm leave
My comments are in bold. Everything sounds magical to me! Hope you and your little princesses have a great trip

MK '99 ~ WDW vacation '01 (ASMu) ~ DL/DCA '03 ~ Now a FL resident seasonal passholder!
Everything you ever wanted to know about Be Our Guest
parkhopping is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 02:25 AM   #3
bricorssk
Earning My Ears

My husband and I ate at almost all the 2 credit restaurants on our last trip. I can 100% say Narcoossee's was the worst. We were there in November, there where millions of mosquitoes inside, the food was not very good, definitely not 2 credit worthy and the service was eh. I would strongly suggest another 2 credit. If you want to stay at the GF, Citricos is amazing. I didn't think the menu sounded that great but it was excellent!

I agree with PP I would probably not do Beaches and Cream at 4 unless it was just a snack. Jiko is my very favorite restaurant at WDW, you will love it!

My very favorite time to make a reservation at Crystal Palace is before the park opens, there is something so magical about walking down main street w/o any crowds. Maybe consider this, you can be out of there before the park is too busy and still get lots of rides in.

Is this a no parks day?

Mon 11/4
9am Boma
11am AoA pool
2pm naps
4pm Beaches & Cream
8pm Jiko

One thing I noticed was not a lot of park time on some days, 2 hours in between things can sometimes only mean 1 or 2 rides
Old 04-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #4
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

My only question is what mode of transportation are you using? You have several ADRs that are out of the way. If you are driving then it should be ok.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

You know your family best but it seems like an awful lot of food to me. Especially the first day where you have a late chef mickeys and a fairly early dinner at Ohana. I would be concerned I wouldn't enjoy the meals in the evening after eating so much during the day.
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Fri 11/1
10:30am arrive By arrive, do you mean the time you'll be arriving at your resort? Are you flying/taking DME? If so, be sure to allow a good 1-1.5 hours from the time your flight lands to the time you'll be on property.
1pm MK
7pm O'hana

Sat 11/2
8am RD @HS
8pm FFC (no kids)

Sun 11/3
8am RD @MK
9:30am Crystal Palace I'd hate to make a ressie smack in the middle of the morning like this because I see it as valuable touring time. But you have several other MK days including one other MK morning, so it's not a huge deal if you want to keep it this way.

Mon 11/4
9am Boma
11am AoA pool
2pm naps
4pm Beaches & Cream This seems like a really late lunch, especially with dinner not too far away, but that's just my opinion. Your family may prefer this setup.
8pm Jiko

Tue 11/5
8am RD @MK
4pm MK

Wed 11/6
8am Tusker House Donald's Safari Breakfast Be sure to have someone grab FPs for the Safaris when the park opens
9am AK
2pm naps

Thu 11/7
3pm leave
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkhopping View Post
My comments are in bold. Everything sounds magical to me! Hope you and your little princesses have a great trip
I agree with this...and the PP who said that 2 hours park time isn't enough. I will also expound on the B&C thing...we did a 1-2-ish lunch there and I wasn't hungry until about 9:00pm (and we had luckily booked Ohana for 9:00ish). And also on the ME...our flight landed and it was a solid 2 hours before we were at check in desk at BCV...then had to check in, drop stuff off in room, discovered DH's key to the world had the name Christine on it, so back to desk to get that fixed. We were hoping to get to our Cape May ADR early (which we didn't) and get over to Epcot in time to pick up our APs before park closed and EMH began...we made it with only about 10 minutes to spare.

Last edited by lovin'fl; 04-04-2013 at 07:27 AM.
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:30 AM   #7
JM1226
Mouseketeer

I leave Sat for my trip and booked Narcosee's too but now I'm rethinking it. Hope to read some peoples suggestions to you.
JM1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #8
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

My only concerns are some of the late breakfasts and Beaches and Cream.

1. I can't eat breakfast that late, since I wake up hungry.
2. B&C is a long way to go for some ice cream that you can get in the parks--I had the exact same buttered pecan there as I did in the MK.

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #9
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997 View Post
2. B&C is a long way to go for some ice cream that you can get in the parks--I had the exact same buttered pecan there as I did in the MK.
Oh, but the No Way Jose sundae is to die for and the chilli dog and club sandwich are delish too (as are the onion rings and fries). That was my fave meal on our Jan trip (but we were staying at BCV).
lovin'fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #10
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

Not sure you are allowing enough time between your 10 AM BBB reservation for 2 girls and your 11 AM CRT. BBB can be backed up and takes over a hour usually.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #11
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcghee2024 View Post
Not sure you are allowing enough time between your 10 AM BBB reservation for 2 girls and your 11 AM CRT. BBB can be backed up and takes over a hour usually.
I agree with the above. You will not have enough time between the BBB & CRT so you might want to adjust it to a little later.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #12
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Another vote to replace Narcoossee's with Citricos or Artist Point. We have given it three tries in the past five years and have never been blown away.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #13
donut42
Earning My Ears

Mispost

Last edited by donut42; 04-04-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #14
disneymagicgirl
Been there, Done that, Going back!

I think you are going to be tight on time getting back and forth for some of these plans, esp if using Disney transport. For ex: if you want naps to start at 1:30, you will need to start heading to the front of the park about 12:30, wait for a bus and that can vary, ride the bus, walk to the room, and settle the kids down. Then they sleep for however long (90 mins?) so now it is already 3pm best case. You will need to get everyone's shoes back on, park bag restocked, everyone tinkle, out the door, walk to the bus, wait for the bus, ride the bus, go they bag check, and into park. At the very least it is 4pm...but you should probably inflate that. My kids always nap extra long at Wdw...while the rest of us sit and wait for them to wake so we can get back to the parks. Just be prepared for how long the transport takes. Dining choices look yummy to me!
offsite in 1988,AKL 5/04,POP 6/05,ASMu 12/05 with MVMCP, ASMo 9/06 w/ MNSSHP,4/09 AKL, 9/09 MNSSHP & 7nt E.Carib DCL w/ Tortola, 10/10 Poly w/ MNSSHP, 10/11 POFQ w/ MNSSHP, 5/12 DCL Fantasy W. Carib and AKL/MK, 05/13 BC, 11/15 YC
disneymagicgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #15
donut42
Earning My Ears

Whoops. Here's what I meant to post:

Wow! Thank you all so much for sharing your thoughtful feedback! Yes, we love eating at restaurants, hence the decision for DxDP. I am presently the F&B director at an amazing museum and was previously the GM of a very successful fine dining restaurant. My family has always enjoyed eating out and my love of dining experiences led me to walk away from a career as a lawyer to follow my heart and I've never looked back. 2 TS meals/day is certainly a time commitment but one we are gladly wiling to make to meet characters each morning and enjoy great food & wine each evening. I completely appreciate that these priorities are not typical, and the amount of food is really not a concern as we control what we put in our bodies. Hitting all the rides is just not a top priority for this trip as our daughters will just have turned 3 and 4 in the fall. These priorities will certainly be changing in the very near future tho.

Here are a couple clarifications that some of you asked about and also several follow up questions if you wouldn't mind sharing your expertise:

Fri 11/1
Our flight arrives at MCO at 9am so 1030am "arrival" sounds about right according to the 1.5 hr suggested time frame which is great; was reading up on Strollers and Groceries and think we might use them rather than Orlando Strollers and Garden Grocer; I sent them an email with a quick question and got a response in less than 5 minutes; any thoughts on them? Was planning on the double citi mini GT. don't really want to nickel and dime these things and this seems most convenient

Sat 11/2
Major dilemma for Saturday night dinner. Will be in Epcot that evening and the in laws want the kids to themselves. Leaning towards FFC (followed by Jellyrolls) but also considering YS, LC or MP (hopefully reviews will improve by Nov)

Sun 11/3
930am CP; I considered 8am CP but rope drop looks to be 8am so we wouldn't actually be getting into the park early; this way we can hit some important rides immediately (ie. Belle, Mermaid, Pan) and still get to CP; maybe ill push this till 10 or 1030
I'm so bummed to hear bad things about Narcoossee's. was hoping to enjoy Wishes and some Surf N Turf. Does everyone really prefer Citricos? My research led me to believe the opposite. Mosquitoes are a deal breaker indoors!

Mon 11/4
Our trip to B&C is strictly to order the Kitchen Sink! Sounds like an awesome thing to try once with a big group as we will have that day, especially in the middle of our "down day" of no parks; will pay OOP for sure; probably more excited about Jiko on this night than any other restaurant

Tue 11/5
Is making BBB at 930 followed by CRT at 11 appropriate to resolve the aforementioned concerns? All the backup issues I've read about BBB seem to be afternoon/evening

Wed 11/6
Tusker House Safari Breakfast: Definitely will be getting FP for kila safari if we aren't done breakfast by 9 for rope drop

Thu 11/7
Can't wait to use up all our extra snack credits around the world on our last day; prob won't eat much at Akershus, just want the girls to get as much princess time in as possible

Thanks again for all your help!!!!

Last edited by donut42; 04-04-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: