Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #46
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Very cute pics!
Old 04-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #47
katt789
DIS Veteran

HDDR looks like you guys had a blast!! I can't wait to get back there in Sept, such good food! Yay for river country! It's totally an area I'd love to explore, never really knew where it was though haha. Maybe next time! Love that you guys thought of the hunger games too!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #48
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Hoop Dee Doo looks like so much fun! I really only ever hear about it from you guys, so your post was actually really informative! The funny thing is that the best thing I learned about it is that the show doesn't take place during the same time as the actual eating because I used to wonder how I'd either keep my eyes on the show or be able to eat as much as I'd want if I was too preoccupied. I love the fact that they serve the food in those buckets and such. To me it looks like it'd make the food taste that much better! The part in the video of Brittany nom-ing the ribs makes me super hungry!

Wow, it's hard to believe that there's something so rundown like River Country on Disney property. if it looked that horrible, you'd think that guest wouldn't be able to see it considering how they are with putting up scrims to covers buildings that are under construction.

Haha, you guys look like such hardcore braiders.

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #49
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Wow, I can't believe you could see River Country so easily! I'm surprised Disney doesn't have totally blocked off. Such a shame. I never went, but it looked so cool!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #50
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

OMg Bucky n paige are the absoloute best ever!!!! My congratulations to u ,whether number 1 or number 2...if ure a woman or a man we hope u washed your hands our congratulations to u ooh ooh........i know u sang it with me n how could ya not BEST YOUTUBE SONG EVER!!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #51
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Very cute pics!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
HDDR looks like you guys had a blast!! I can't wait to get back there in Sept, such good food! Yay for river country! It's totally an area I'd love to explore, never really knew where it was though haha. Maybe next time! Love that you guys thought of the hunger games too!
Thats super exciting! I love the food so much, delicious. We were shocked that we passed it all the time and never really knew how to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Hoop Dee Doo looks like so much fun! I really only ever hear about it from you guys, so your post was actually really informative! The funny thing is that the best thing I learned about it is that the show doesn't take place during the same time as the actual eating because I used to wonder how I'd either keep my eyes on the show or be able to eat as much as I'd want if I was too preoccupied. I love the fact that they serve the food in those buckets and such. To me it looks like it'd make the food taste that much better! The part in the video of Brittany nom-ing the ribs makes me super hungry!

Wow, it's hard to believe that there's something so rundown like River Country on Disney property. if it looked that horrible, you'd think that guest wouldn't be able to see it considering how they are with putting up scrims to covers buildings that are under construction.

Haha, you guys look like such hardcore braiders.
We're just a big obsessed hoop dee doo family. The only part that the show is going on while eating is when you get your dessert. So I didn't eat as much as I would have because I was to engrossed in the show.
Agreed it's so sad and rundown that I surprised Disney has just left it like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
Wow, I can't believe you could see River Country so easily! I'm surprised Disney doesn't have totally blocked off. Such a shame. I never went, but it looked so cool!
It is crazy how much you could see. I don't understand why Disney never did anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OMg Bucky n paige are the absoloute best ever!!!! My congratulations to u ,whether number 1 or number 2...if ure a woman or a man we hope u washed your hands our congratulations to u ooh ooh........i know u sang it with me n how could ya not BEST YOUTUBE SONG EVER!!!
The fact that you know that song makes me beyond happy! I sing it all the time, it is just so catchy. I love it!
xoSamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #52
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Swimming The EAC to Radiator Springs

We didnt have anything planned for the night, Brittany and I talked about going to the boardwalk and exploring over there. We discussed going to DTD to get some ice cream. All we knew was that we needed to put our phones on charge.

We hung out in the room for a while till we figured out what we were going to do.
Andy enjoyed sitting in his chair

The Alicia suggested playing a Yolo favorite& BE THAT STATUE!
Andy was first, be that towel animal

Alicia be Crush!

Next it was Brittanys turn, she thought we were kidding when we told her to just do it on the table but we were for real. So she accepted the challenge

We looked all over the room for something for when we found squirt

Brittany just loves to plank things

After so much excitement in the room we decided to go explore the resort! I was so excited, because it would be Alicia and Brittanys first time experiencing the resort. Andy and I went around doing a photo shoot in January but I was so excited to go around again.

On our way out Alicia wanted to take a swimming photo. What does that mean? Well the carpets in the nemo buildings were water and bubbles.

This is what swimming photos look like

This is what looking cute under the sea looks like

Thats when we heard people coming so we quickly got up. We lingered the hallway and decided to take some more photos down another hallway

My camera was too complex for Andy, he wasnt sure how to zoom in. As I was helping with him, Alicia and Brittany were just laying in the hallway. Thats when this real sweaty guy came walking by. It was a whole lot of awkward, he didnt know what to do, we didnt know what to do. Thats when we realized we were in front of his room. He knocked on the door calling for someone but no one answered. So after a good 3 mins of him knocking on the door, Alicia and Brittany laying on the ground, Andy and I just standing there, he ended up leaving.

Just swimming the EAC

After our swimming photos it was time to go exploring.
First stop Radiator Springs!

Our first order of business was to check out the pool, we needed to sit in one of those cozy cones!

This section was designed perfectly. The lobby is really the way to get to the pool.

Oh my goodness this pool area, I love it!!!

To bad it was real chilly this night so we didn't go swimming. So instead we opted to just take pictures in the Cones

Continue to the Next Post

Last edited by xoSamma; 04-16-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #53
aras4007
Mouseketeer

LOVE those swimming in the hall pics! Such a fun idea!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #54
RachelNinja

I was cracking up about the whole incident that occurred when you guys were swimming in the EAC and the sweaty guy came along! I had to read it to my husband too because it's just too funny picturing this entire scene in my mind. I can only imagine what that guy is telling his friends when he's asked what happened on his vacation!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 PM   #55
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Sam!! I'm so excited that I found your TR today, and I'm all caught up! I was thinking to myself...I wonder if she every started that TR? So luckily I clicked on your name and here I am!

Love all the HDDR pics, it looks like a really fun way to kick off a trip on the first night! I wouldn't mind having some strawberry shortcake right about now either.

Swimming in the halls looks like tons of fun until a sweaty man is trying to get in his room. I can just picture how that all went down...must have been hilarious!

Yay, looking forward to the rest!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #56
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
LOVE those swimming in the hall pics! Such a fun idea!
Thank you! I feel like people would have looked at use weirdly, good thing no one was around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I was cracking up about the whole incident that occurred when you guys were swimming in the EAC and the sweaty guy came along! I had to read it to my husband too because it's just too funny picturing this entire scene in my mind. I can only imagine what that guy is telling his friends when he's asked what happened on his vacation!
It was sooo awkward. But thinking back it was probably more awkward for him then the four of us. He probably told his family all about it once he found them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Sam!! I'm so excited that I found your TR today, and I'm all caught up! I was thinking to myself...I wonder if she every started that TR? So luckily I clicked on your name and here I am!

Love all the HDDR pics, it looks like a really fun way to kick off a trip on the first night! I wouldn't mind having some strawberry shortcake right about now either.

Swimming in the halls looks like tons of fun until a sweaty man is trying to get in his room. I can just picture how that all went down...must have been hilarious!

Yay, looking forward to the rest!
WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!
Sorry I didn't link this report to my last one, silly me.
I could eat that strawberry shortcake every day of my life. There was a whole lot of awkward in that situation, I hope he found his family and was able to get in his room to take a shower.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #57
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Welcome to the Cozy Cone

We were super excited too sit in a cozy cone. Alicia and Andy made themselves at home.

Looks like we got a creeper creeping through the window

Then it was my turn to try out the cozy cone, I have been waiting for this moment my entire life

Andy thought he was so funny peeking in through the window, he was smiling so big. Alicia decided to show him what a real creeper looks like.

After so much excitement wrapped up in ten minutes we left our cozy cone and went to explore more of Radiator Springs!

We tried real hard to take nice photos

But we wanted to be different from everyone else and decided to be creative

Mowgabalooing time

The rules are pretty much if Alicia Mowgabaloos Brittany needs to plank. Therefore it was Brittanys turn.

Alicia then ran over to where Fillmore was and said she had the best idea for a photo.

After being run over we made our way to see Luigi and Guido

We didnt spend a lot of time here because we needed to go visit everyones favorite tow truck

MATER!!!!

CAUTION: the next photo can be traumatizing for people

Silly Mater Brittany isnt food.

We then found some hobos living in Maters trunk&.

The cars section has to be the best-designed section at AoA. It feels like you are actually at Radiator Springs. As we were leaving Alicia asked us if we wanted to move to a cars room half way through our stay, unfortunately we did not. But one day I will stay in them.

We left Radiator Springs because we had 2 other sections to explore tonight

We were off on a crazy adventure!

Continue to Next Post

Last edited by xoSamma; 04-19-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #58
RachelNinja

Haha, those creeper photos and the Mater ones are the BEST!

Old 04-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #59
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Joining in
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Jazzabelle508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #60
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Subscribing!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: