Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 05:23 AM   #16
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

Yay another YOLO trip! I loved your other TRs so am definitely in for this one!

Follow me on instagram: Nina_bina20

Our Paris/Disney Adventure
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
The 'Oh my God! We Actually Went!' Trip Report:
Neeny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #17
PrincessJo
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad you didn't have to drive! The way TO Disney is always okay because everyone is excited, but the way home STINKS.

I loved the pics of AoA. I've never seen it before and it looks wonderful!
Nov 2010 (Caribbean Beach Resort) -- Nov 2012 (Villas at Wilderness Lodge) & Universal (Hard Rock Hotel) -- Jan 2014 (Boardwalk Inn) -- Sept 2014 Universal (Royal Pacific) -- Nov 2014 (PO French Quarter)

Magic, March 9-15, 2013 (Western Caribbean)
Dream, Nov 21-24, 2014 (Bahamas)

DH Me DS(17) Sophie Maggie
PrincessJo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #18
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

So glad you started another trip report. I enjoyed reading your last one.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #19
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

woohooo I am really excited for this one!!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #20
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
omg I am so excited for this and totally hoping that Alicia is still there in 53 days when I get there
YAY YAY YAY! I'm so excited that your excited! There will be a really good chance that she will still be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm in! I read most of the first YOLO TR, but I just kind of lurked, but I am definitely de-lurking for this one!

Ugh I can't believe how rude that man was to you guys getting on the plane!! I had someone make some snotty comment to me in the airport when I was going to Disney in February, what is with people lately???

Aww, I love Art of Animation!!! I only stayed there for one night, so I didn't get to explore as much as I would have liked, but I loved what I saw! It's so colorful and just so DISNEY!

Can't wait to read more!
I'm so happy that you have decided to come out of lurking!
Sometimes people just make me so angry, but I guess you will always run into people who can't just keep their comments to themselves.
I feel in love with AoA it's perfect! I think its the most disney feeling resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay for a day of double updates!!

Man, the journey to Disney is always so tedious, like, you're on the way to the best place in the world, but it's taking FOREVER and you just want to be there already and just be in the bubble of magicness!

UGH! The picture of the "magical express this way, inside" sign seriously just took me right back to seeing it in person, the smells, the heat and humidity, the feeling of finally being there and just being happy! So much awesome!

Super excited to see the room!! I've been dying to see the insides of the suites at AoA in person but they're always so expensive that I'd almost rather stay at a deluxe haha.
I feel so accomplished when I double update
Agreed the journey there, waiting for your plane then waiting to get off the plane can feel like its taking forever. Like I just want to run to the Magical Express and watch the video!

The rooms are so nice! The amount of space was really nice also. But I would agree moving to deluxe would be a good choice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeny17 View Post
Yay another YOLO trip! I loved your other TRs so am definitely in for this one!
YOLO YOLO YOLO! My favorite types of Disney trips. Thank you sooo much

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJo View Post
I'm so glad you didn't have to drive! The way TO Disney is always okay because everyone is excited, but the way home STINKS.

I loved the pics of AoA. I've never seen it before and it looks wonderful!
Thats what I was thinking. When I was little all we did was drive so being in the car isnt all that bad. But then I remembered we would have to leave Disney super early in the morning to get on the road.

Be prepared for more photos! This has to be one of my favorite resorts on property. It's just magical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
So glad you started another trip report. I enjoyed reading your last one.
I'm so happy you are joining along! Thank you so much
xoSamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:29 AM   #21
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

In The Big Blue World - Room Tour

Alicia told us we were in the Nemo section, Brittany was soooo happy! The other 3 of us we a little sad because we were hoping we would be put in cars. Its okay though because our room was in such a nice spot. The Nemo section is preferred rooms since itís the main section closest to the main building and the bus stops.

So we walked passed the nemo pool and to the Crush building! Although we were on the fourth floor we were right next to the elevator so that was really nice!

Room tour time! (these pictures are when Alicia first checked in)

When you first walk in, there is the table that is a Murphy bed. This would be Brittanyís bed for the next couple of nights

pulls down into a bed

the next picture is a picture of the view from the door, so on the left would be the table bed. Across from that was the kids bathroom that me and Brittany shared and straight ahead was my section of the room.

I liked our bathroom, the toilet and shower where separate from the sink. And the sink section had a sliding door from the sleeping area, which was nice in the morning.

Because we had the kids bathroom we got the cute shower curtain!

onto the section I called my own! First we had a kitchen area that we didnít really use which was sad but its ok. My bed was the pullout couch. The couch by it self was so comfortable.

The thing that made us sad was that it looked like the people before us peeled off the paint from the footstools. Its sad because this is the newest resort and its already being damaged.

That orange seat is not as comfortable as it looks! Andy loved it though.
Brittany made her self at home and took all the drawer space, its ok because I just live out of my suitcase.

Next to the tv was a rack to hang up your clothes and a big drawer filled with some extra pillows and blankets.

Now onto Alicia and Andyís room

They got the mickey towel on their bed

There tv and drawers. Mr Ray!

They had the parent bathroom so they got a boring shower with no cool shower curtain. Alicia was not a fan.

fish are friendsÖ not food!

Overall I LOVED this room! The space was really nice, and having my own bed was really nice too!
Our next YOLO will be sad because we will staying at a new resort which means back to a basic room with one bathroom. It was really nice having those 2 bathrooms.

Continue to Next Post

Last edited by xoSamma; 04-06-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #22
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I totally wanna stay in the lion king room(hubbys a cheapskate though and doesnt see the point for the 4 of us BOOOOO HIM)

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #23
katt789
DIS Veteran

I would definitely pick Lion King for the suites at AoA, they just look totally awesome, plus itís my favorite movie out of the suite rooms, Little Mermaid was a blast to stay in last Sept, the rooms at AoA are just so amazing, Disney did great with this resort!

Thatís awesome that the thing pulls down into a bed, but I would totally find it super annoying to have to make the bed and get everything off it and fold it back up to use the table every day, lol. LAZY!

The shower curtrains are so incredible!! I really wanted to buy the LM one but because we were there opening day they didnít have them for sale yet! And they were like 100 dollarsÖ

That sucks that thereís no fun shower curtain!! Keep up the themeing Disney! Lol. I didnít realize there were two bathrooms in the suites, that must have been super awesome!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 PM   #24
PrincessJo
Mouseketeer

The room is fantastic!

We are visiting at the end of the year and I went back and forth between which resort to stay in. I settled on PORR, but now I'm rethinking my decision.... I LOVE the Nemo room! My favorite fixture is the lights on the ceiling that look like bubbles. I love Disney's attention to detail.
Nov 2010 (Caribbean Beach Resort) -- Nov 2012 (Villas at Wilderness Lodge) & Universal (Hard Rock Hotel) -- Jan 2014 (Boardwalk Inn) -- Sept 2014 Universal (Royal Pacific) -- Nov 2014 (PO French Quarter)

Magic, March 9-15, 2013 (Western Caribbean)
Dream, Nov 21-24, 2014 (Bahamas)

DH Me DS(17) Sophie Maggie
PrincessJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:17 PM   #25
Neeny17
Mouseketeer

:D Such a cool suite! I wish I could stay in one, but it was soooo expensive, plus not really worth it for just me. Still, I'm way excited to stay in a Little Mermaid room!

Follow me on instagram: Nina_bina20

Our Paris/Disney Adventure
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
The 'Oh my God! We Actually Went!' Trip Report:
Neeny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #26
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I totally wanna stay in the lion king room(hubbys a cheapskate though and doesnt see the point for the 4 of us BOOOOO HIM)
Its understandable though because the rooms are on the expensive side and without a discount I probably would be staying at a different resort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I would definitely pick Lion King for the suites at AoA, they just look totally awesome, plus itís my favorite movie out of the suite rooms, Little Mermaid was a blast to stay in last Sept, the rooms at AoA are just so amazing, Disney did great with this resort!

Thatís awesome that the thing pulls down into a bed, but I would totally find it super annoying to have to make the bed and get everything off it and fold it back up to use the table every day, lol. LAZY!

The shower curtrains are so incredible!! I really wanted to buy the LM one but because we were there opening day they didnít have them for sale yet! And they were like 100 dollarsÖ

That sucks that thereís no fun shower curtain!! Keep up the themeing Disney! Lol. I didnít realize there were two bathrooms in the suites, that must have been super awesome!!
I would really like to try out all three buildings, which will probably never happen. Did you feel like the little mermaid section was far away? Just walking over there it feels so out of the way.

We were planning on just leaving the beds down and out of the couch. But every time we went back to the room the mousekeeping would always put them back.

Yeah as much as I love the shower curtains I'm not sure if I would spend $100 on one. Yes 2 bathrooms! So its pretty much 2 normal rooms merged together, which is probably why it is so much much to stay in. But the amount of space was just so wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessJo View Post
The room is fantastic!

We are visiting at the end of the year and I went back and forth between which resort to stay in. I settled on PORR, but now I'm rethinking my decision.... I LOVE the Nemo room! My favorite fixture is the lights on the ceiling that look like bubbles. I love Disney's attention to detail.
I LOVE the riverside it is my all time favorite moderate so I would definitely approve your decision. If you are looking for more room the suites are nice but it's pricey. The only thing I didn't like about the lights was that it took forever for them to get bright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeny17 View Post
:D Such a cool suite! I wish I could stay in one, but it was soooo expensive, plus not really worth it for just me. Still, I'm way excited to stay in a Little Mermaid room!
Yes be excited about the Little Mermaid room. You will still get to enjoy the beautiful resort! Make sure you take the time to check out all the sections though.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #27
xoSamma
Mouseketeer

YOLO Family Dinner

We didnít get much time to spend in our new home, we had places to be, reservations to get too!
Brittany took one last artsy photo and we were on our way

As we left the room there was a lady just getting into the elevator, Andy ran ahead and jumped in. The 3 of us girls opted to take the stairs. When we met back up with Andy he said the lady asked him ďWhat you donít like to take the stairs?Ē Nope heís got to save his energy.

Brittany was on top of snapping pictures as we were leaving the resort

I seriously canít get over how precious this resort is. I LOVE IT SOOO MUCH!

We got in line and waited forever for a Magic Kingdom bus to come. We got caught up on Aliciaís life in Disney and how work was treating her.
Iím telling you Brittany was on top of picture taking.

Poor Andy doesnít own any Disney shoes.

Finally a MK bus came, the first time on a motor coach this trip. I love it!
Soon we were arriving at the MK, thatís when we heard my all time favorite part of the motor coach, the mickey mouse club march dun dun duns! Seriously itís so magical!

To bad we werenít going to the MK, like I said we had a very important dinner reservation to make. So we exited the bus and headed to the boats

We hopped into the fort wilderness line

The boat was just pulling in so there was not a long wait at all. Both the front and back where taken so we all squeezed into a row on the inside.

As we were making our way over to fort wilderness we passed the beloved River Country. No matter how many times I pass it, it still breaks my heart to see it just sitting there rotting away. We also watched 2 of the renting boats were making there way over there. What a good idea! Get a better view.

We soon arrived at Fort Wilderness and made our way to our destination. Brittany was kind enough to say that she would be happy to take our photo in front of the fort wilderness sign. (Which we saved for later)

We arrived at Pioneer Hall and realized we were the first people there! No big deal we took some photos to waste time.

Andy recently turned 21 so we was really excited for all you care to drink sangrias.

If you werenít able to guess, we were eating at Hoop Dee Doo tonight!
It was definitely needed after our first YOLO trip fail when Bobby got stuck at work and we werenít able to go. Now Alicia was the one with the discounts so we snagged a reservation!

We are no Hoop Dee Doo newbieís, my parents raised us right and took us when we were real young since we always stayed at fort wilderness. since then it has always been a family favorite.

Alicia enjoying her first hoop dee doo meal

Me enjoying my first hoop dee doo meal with gramma

This was however Brittanyís first time! I was so excited to actually bring her here, I always talk about it and now she actually gets to experience it!

Pretty much we were all excited!

We checked in to get our reservation ticket, then we had to wait in another line to take the photo. In this line the lady behind us asked us where we got our shoes. Alicia and Brittany were all in to telling everyone that I paint them. Alicia however had to tell her that her friend made hers and I made Brittanyís and mine.

We checked in and got our photo taken. Then we lined up near the stairs. Since we were the first group we were hoping that Brittany would be able to call everyone for dinner. Unfortunately the lady who was behind us and her family decided to jump line and sit on the stairs.

It was getting closer and closer to dinnertime.

Then the lady who told us she liked our shoes came up to us again and asked if I would make shoes if she paid me. Her daughter loved my shoes and wanted a pair, I told her that I would be happy to make her a pair. She asked me where I lived and how she could contact me. Thatís when another lady over heard us talking and asked if she could have my email because she was admiring our shoes also. So I gave them both my email.

Then it was time to go in!!!

Continue to Next Post

Last edited by xoSamma; 04-08-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #28
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Yay for updates!

AoA looks so neat. I can't wait to explore the place. I would've wanted to be in the Little Mermaid section. DH would've wanted Lion King or Cars.

I love your shoes. Are they comfy? If they are...I might have you (if you will) paint me a pair!

HDDR! Yay! Always a good time. It would've been hard for me to be right at the MK and not go in!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #29
JessicaKnits
DIS Veteran

Oh I'm so excited to hear ALL about your trip! It looks like you guys had so much fun!

For reals, you should open up an Etsy shop and sell those shoes! Its super easy to do and very affordable! They are Toms right? I love them! They are sooooo cute!
JessicaKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #30
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I am in!! I can't believe that person told you to hurry up on the plane. That is rude.

I have the same flowered shirt as Brittany is wearing

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: