Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #136
xoSamma
Mouseketeer
 
xoSamma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Yay, the People Mover! One of my favorite MK attractions.

New Fantasyland looks fantastic, even in the rain! And I love how even the trashcans are themed. Disney really does think of everything, don't they?!
The people mover is just a nice relaxing ride and I love the fact that it goes around all of tomorrowland.
The little things that Disney thinks of is crazy. I'm glad they gave us magical trash cans.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Just found this trip report, no idea how I missed it before. I have loved every bit of it so far. You guys seem to be having so much fun, oh to be young again.
Yay yay yay welcome along! and thank you so much!
xoSamma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #137
xoSamma
Mouseketeer
 
xoSamma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 389

No Ones Gloomy or Complaining


It was a little after ten and I suggested that we get in line for be our guest if we were planning on eating there for lunch. This would be my second time eating here for lunch and for the other 3 it was a new experience. Alicia however did have dinner here when it first opened. Anyways it was drizzling harder than before so we put on our ponchos and made our way to the beasts castle.



After about 10 minutes of waiting we were becoming gloomy and complaining about the weather and hoped that they would be opening the restaurant sooner.







Soon a CM was walking around passing out menus. I already knew what I was going to be getting because once I find something I like I have a hard time changing it up.



After a half hour of waiting the be our guest CMs came out and welcomed in the first wave of people. We missed it by maybe 3 groups, all was ok though because we didnt wait a long time at all.

Next thing we know we were entering the Beasts Castle! Even though I have already been here it is still amazing. Once you enter the castle you are put in another line where you can see the ballroom. In this line you wait in a room with knights and in between the lines they have the menu.





We were definitely all excited to be dining in the beasts castle





We finally made it through that line and received our rose



and then moved to another line to order our food



We ordered our food and then went to explore the 3 rooms.
First up the rose gallery. Alicia ate in this room when it first opened with her roommates for dinner.



This room is nice but its not my first choice to eat in.



Then we went through the ballroom to the west wing. Everyone wants to sit in the west wing it is so popular



We decided the ballroom was where we were going to be dining this afternoon. Alicia and Andy went to go find a table while I hung back with Brittany so she could snap some pictures.





We made our way to the ballroom where we saw that we were sitting near the window. Seriously my favorite spot in the whole castle! I sat there in January also. The falling snow is just magical.



This place is seriously so beautiful



Our food arrived and it was time to chow down



Everyones favorite: Food Picture Time!



I got the Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin style). Although the picture of it looks nasty this is DELICIOUS! When I ordered it in January I knew I had to get it again.



Alicia and Brittany got the Croque Monsieur which was a ham sandwich. They really enjoyed this. I had some of Alicia and it was very tasty.



As well as the sandwich Alicia also used a snack credit to get French onion soup.
Andy got the Carved Turkey Sandwich which he seemed to enjoy



next up the dessert



Alicia and Brittany went with the Chocolate Cream Puff, they both said that it was just a roll with a chocolate center.
Andy and me went with the cupcakes. Andy got the strawberry cream cheese one and I went with the triple chocolate. Very good!

Overall the meal was wonderful! I know some people think that it is pointless to have to wait in a long line in order to eat here for lunch but it is so worth it. The food choices for a quick service are the best!

Before we left we took a pit stop where Brittany snapped this photo&.



Attention: No Break Dancing in the Beasts Castle
The Beast only invites classy people to dine in his castle so if you have the urge to break dance please take that into the bathroom because that is the only place where it is allowed.


Continue to Next Post

Last edited by xoSamma; 05-24-2013 at 08:29 PM.
xoSamma is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-21-2013, 12:44 AM   #138
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran
 
cheekypoppins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: C eh N eh D eh
Posts: 1,348

omg break dancing in the bathroom ,I just laughed so hard i started wheezing LOL,see the thing is i'm very visual so when you say these things I actually picture it n then it's even funnier
__________________
Simply having a wonderful christmas time!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:43 AM   #139
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Great update!
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #140
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,100

Ahhh, can't wait for lunch there! I think I will be going with Andy's choice of the carved turkey sandwich. All of the rooms are so pretty, I don't know how we will decide where to sit! I'm guessing all three rooms are open for lunch and you can sit wherever you want?

*Sigh* I'm really depressed that I will not be allowed to show off my break dancing skills in the Beast's Castle...I was so looking forward to that!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 PM   #141
rachel09985
DIS Veteran
 
rachel09985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Originally Ohio)
Posts: 3,219

Oh my gosh how I love that picture of you under the umbrella jumping, it is perfect! also love your TOT picture. That is hilarious and oh so clever!

Yay for trip dates! I will be in Disney July 2nd- July 9th so we could potentially run into each other

That DVC cruise will be so much fun with all of those Dis Crazy people on board! The fish extender will be extra full that trip!
__________________

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #142
xoSamma
Mouseketeer
 
xoSamma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
omg break dancing in the bathroom ,I just laughed so hard i started wheezing LOL,see the thing is i'm very visual so when you say these things I actually picture it n then it's even funnier
hahaha I'm glad we could make you laugh!


Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great update!
thanks!


Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Ahhh, can't wait for lunch there! I think I will be going with Andy's choice of the carved turkey sandwich. All of the rooms are so pretty, I don't know how we will decide where to sit! I'm guessing all three rooms are open for lunch and you can sit wherever you want?

*Sigh* I'm really depressed that I will not be allowed to show off my break dancing skills in the Beast's Castle...I was so looking forward to that!
You are going to love it! I feel like whatever meal choice you make you can't go wrong either. All 3 rooms are opened for lunch, the west wing normally fills up the quickest because it is the smallest.
Oh my goodness!!! haha maybe the beast will change his rules by the time you go there!


Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Oh my gosh how I love that picture of you under the umbrella jumping, it is perfect! also love your TOT picture. That is hilarious and oh so clever!

Yay for trip dates! I will be in Disney July 2nd- July 9th so we could potentially run into each other

That DVC cruise will be so much fun with all of those Dis Crazy people on board! The fish extender will be extra full that trip!
Oh thank you so much!
I am so sad! We have to change our trip to a different time because something has come up the week we were going to go
xoSamma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #143
xoSamma
Mouseketeer
 
xoSamma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 389

Life Update: YOLO part 3 is on hold for the time being. Something has come up the week we are suppose to go down and therefore we unable to go. We are now looking into going in August but since this just happened we are still up in the air.


I Just Want to See The Floating Lanterns Gleam




We left the castle and decided to play a game of be that statue. Alicia and Andy werent feeling it because on the other half of the bridge was a long line of people who were waiting to get in for lunch.





We then made our way to the newest part of the magic kingdom& the tangled bathrooms!!!



I never knew I could love a bathroom as much as I do. This is beautiful!



I'd rather be called deadly for my killer show-tune medley
Thank you! 'Cause way down deep inside I've got a dream




And Vladimir collects ceramic unicorns!



The bathroom itself is also very colorful with all of rapunzels drawings





Frying Pans who knew?



just a few more photos and we were on our way





We then used the new walkway that lead to the haunted mansion and saw the tower.



to the haunted mansion we go



On our way out Brittany did a little freak out, I thought she found the wedding ring but that was not the case



Just a mickey mouse confetti

We ventured our way to adventureland where Andy suggested we go to the Swiss Faily treehouse. Why he wanted to do the treehouse who knows. But we did and enjoyed every minute of it. After walking up and down a couple flights of stairs we decided to take a nice rest while listening to the original glee club&the tiki room!

While we waited for the show Alicia was fascinated by the Swiss family story that she decided to google it. Soon it was show time. When the show ended both Brittany and Andy asked where Zazu and Iago were. They were not aware that they went back to the original show because Iago was ruined in the fire awhile back.

Since we were over in Adventureland we decided that we should take a nice boat ride on Pirates. On our way there we were stopped by the pirate show going on, none of us have ever stopped to watch it so it was nice. We didnt stay for the whole show and got in line for pirates. There was literally no one! Since there was no one Brittany and Alicia did some planking and mowgalooing





and then a group of people came by&.awkward!
The only thing I put in my notes about this ride is mermaids and real man hair&delicious That pretty much sums up this whole attraction.



The it was time for the wildest ride in the wilderness! A couple days before we arrived Alicias friends from college came down for spring break. They went on Space Mountain and it ended up breaking down so they got fastpasses good for the rest of the week, which meant Alicia stocked up on them because her friends left.

So we decided to use them for Big thunder while we got in line the CM told us that we were four trouble makers and that we better not break down her ride!







It was definitely one of the wildest rides in the wilderness!


Continue to Next Post

Last edited by xoSamma; 05-27-2013 at 10:14 PM.
xoSamma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #144
Neeny17
Mouseketeer
 
Neeny17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 328

Great updates! Shame about YOLO part 3; hopefully you'll still get to go in August!
__________________
I am a 21 year old Disney lover, posting from the UK.
DF DM DB(16) Me
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"]

Follow me on instagram: Nina_bina20



Our Paris/Disney Adventure
[SIZE="2"][SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The 'Oh my God! We can actually go!' Pre - trip Report:
The 'Oh my God! We Actually Went!' Trip Report:
Neeny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:00 AM   #145
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!
 
RachelNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,404

Catching up!

You guys make Expedition Everest look like so much fun! Even my hubs said when watching your video, "They go on EE a lot!" We have never tried it, and we probably never will. Or at least I never will because I have heard that the part that goes backwards in the dark can sometimes be dizzying, and I get dizzy pretty easily. I wish there was a way to have a video to experience the entire ride to really know what happens in the dark!

I LOVE Finding Nemo! I think I will always want to sit up close from now on just because of the great expressions on the puppeteers. Our first time watching it was in the bleachers area at the farthest point in the theater. Then when we saw it again, we waited early to snag seats in the third row or so because the first row was way too close and next to the catwalk thing that sticks out of the stage. We were entranced!

There's something so fun about eating a meal or two in the room. For me, I feel as if I really get to enjoy the food even more because there's no rush to get anywhere or do anything. I can be in comfy clothes and flip flops since I always wear sneakers when we go out anywhere that requires a lot of walking. I also have this thing where I worry about not being able to finish meals and wasting food (haha, I guess my parents really got my head a little twisted about not wasting), so I make myself nervous and unable to eat! The video of you guys eating your pasta in the room is some of the parts I enjoyed the most cuz you guys were just really enjoying what you got!

The ropes course thing is so much fun! We had to stop every so often because we were following the tiniest little girl. Other kids were zooming past her, and I was so afraid she would fall, so we were kind of blocking others from knocking her over. I was encouraging her, and she was talking to me. The funny thing is that this little girl did NOT seem scared at all! She was just slowly making her way down. Omg, I sound like such a creeper, but she was super adorable. Her parents were waiting for her at the end; I was surprised that neither of them went with her because she was such a cute little peanut!

HAHAHA, I like how you said Andy yelled at you for taking the picture on the Streets of America of his airing out his feet, but it made its way into the TR anyway! Love it! Those are the best pictures!

Does your phone last all day even as you take TR notes on it?

Ahhh, another YOLO trip! Yayyy!!! I am excited to read about your Sanaa experience. That is by far our favorite restaurant, but alas, they just recently changed the menu and they no longer have the shrimp in green curry sauce, which was one of the greatest thing I have ever eaten! So sad. I love the bread service so much though. I could eat those carbs every single day! (edit: Just got up to the part where you said YOLO 3 is on hold. Bummer for that, but I like knowing that whenever it is, you guys will eventually get back there together!)

How sweet that a Disboards couple put your reservation for the cruise under theirs! Yay for a cruise trip too! I can't wait to read that one.

I can't wait to ride the Little Mermaid ride again! We only did it once, and there are only so many things my eyes can take it in one ride through!

I want to eat dinner in Beast's castle!!! That shrimp and scallop puff pastry thing looks so tantalizing. We should get one of those "breakdancing" signs for my school to indicate to breakdancing (or attempts at breakdancing) because one of our 7th graders just sprained her ankle attempting to do it during recess!

Despite the fact that everyone complained about Iago and Zazu, I actually like the show better with them in it. I was waiting for the tiki goddess to come out of the center, and I was kind of disappointed that it wasn't there in the original! Haha, it just reminds me of my childhood of being so afraid of her (still kind of am!) so I was looking forward to that slight fright once again.
__________________
Always the Weird to my Ninja

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #146
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,136

So glad you guys waited for and enjoyed BOG! It's so amazing in there that it's totally worth waiting in the line for lunch! Glad to know you can use a snack credit for the French Onion! I'll probably be doing that in Sept! Yum!

Ah the tangled bathrooms, such an amazing place, Disney really has done good this past little bit, the detailing put into there is just plain amazing!!

Awesome that you've got a bunch of extra fast passes!!
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsSept 2013/// Dec 2013

Instagram:Katt789
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #147
rachel09985
DIS Veteran
 
rachel09985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN (Originally Ohio)
Posts: 3,219

Your video was great you guys are hilarious and I loved the Andy segment. So funny!
__________________

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #148
wiigirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 15,974

Love your update!
__________________
For the love of Disney...
wiigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #149
stitch5ever
Mouseketeer
 
stitch5ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas,TX
Posts: 81

Andy should do a trip report! I think it'd be like "And then the girls started dancing and people gave us funny looks."
__________________
stitch5ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:12 PM   #150
uncle toad
Mouseketeer
 
uncle toad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: alabama
Posts: 76

i second that motion. andrew should do a trip report or at least do an update. we need a guy perspective. i can see where that cm would call you guys troublemakers. he probably heard about that little excursion into river country. not only is there no sleeping in disney, there's also no secrets. sorry to hear you had to cancel your july trip. hope you can reschedule for a later time. waiting on that next update. don't keep us waiting too long.
uncle toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: