Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #31
glaserjm
DIS Veteran

For our November trip, 2 adults no kids:
8 nights at OKW studio using rented DVC points =$1,056
Park tickets (annual passes, I've divided the cost by three as that is the number of trips we will get out of them) =$407
Spending money for parks including meals (actually $800 in Disney gift cards but I get 5% off with Target Red Card)=$760
Groceries for villa=$75
Gas =$250
Hotels/meals for drive down=$150
Total $2,698

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

glaserjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #32
chaoslobster
Earning My Ears

Wow, it really does make me feel better seeing that I've got away cheap in comparison to many. My sister and I are staying at the Pop next month for 10 days. Well, 10 days for me... she's a grad student and got stuck with a presentation on the very last day of finals week, so I'll be solo for two days before she joins me.

2 round-trip tickets on Southwest Airlines: $468
10 days at Pop Century (spring discount!): $1156
7-day non-hopper Disney park ticket (me): $301
5-day non-hopper Disney park ticket (her): $270
2 single-day admissions for Universal: $184
Total: $2379 for a ten day vacation

I'm still debating with myself on whether to splurge for a single night at the Polynesian. It makes me feel sick contemplating paying $580 for ONE night, which is more than half the cost of TEN nights at Pop!!!

Still, it would mean two whole days of luxurious relaxation surrounded by palm trees and white sand, the opportunity for actual swimming in the zero-entry pool, sunbathing whilst sipping alcohol from a pineapple and reading something deliciously trashy with no redeeming literary value whatsoever.

Not to mention the lottery-win of this year's late evening reservations at 'Ohana being followed by NOT having to sleepily crawl our slow way back to the Pop after dinner, waiting in queues to ride the monorail and then the Disney transportation bus at the end of a 14-hour day, after having stuffed in so much food that just getting out of my seat feels as if I've used up all my remaining energy for the whole trip.

I think it's worth it... but still... more than half! I have to stop looking at the numbers.
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2013, 06:13 AM   #33
disneynanacat
Lovin' Disney Too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoslobster View Post
Wow, it really does make me feel better seeing that I've got away cheap in comparison to many. My sister and I are staying at the Pop next month for 10 days. Well, 10 days for me... she's a grad student and got stuck with a presentation on the very last day of finals week, so I'll be solo for two days before she joins me.

I'm still debating with myself on whether to splurge for a single night at the Polynesian. It makes me feel sick contemplating paying $580 for ONE night, which is more than half the cost of TEN nights at Pop!!!

Still, it would mean two whole days of luxurious relaxation surrounded by palm trees and white sand, the opportunity for actual swimming in the zero-entry pool, sunbathing whilst sipping alcohol from a pineapple and reading something deliciously trashy with no redeeming literary value whatsoever.

Not to mention the lottery-win of this year's late evening reservations at 'Ohana being followed by NOT having to sleepily crawl our slow way back to the Pop after dinner, waiting in queues to ride the monorail and then the Disney transportation bus at the end of a 14-hour day, after having stuffed in so much food that just getting out of my seat feels as if I've used up all my remaining energy for the whole trip.

I think it's worth it... but still... more than half! I have to stop looking at the numbers.
Yeah mine looks better too when I don't include meals. Darn grand kids wanna eat while we're there lol
Old 04-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #34
Donnainnj
Loves having an AP
Has lost about 4 toppers

$580 brings you just about 25% closer to the budget of your next trip. I think I would spring $20 for a taxi after 'Ohana and enjoy some frozen drinks at Pop. One day is just not worth the move to me. I would not get 2 full days out of it, with check-in, and possibly no home room for half the day on both ends.
Donna
Quote:

Old 04-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #35
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

We typically spend around $2800-3000 for a 10-12 day trip. The last few years we have been going in August and got free dining. I use my airmiles to get park tickets so I have only purchased the minimum required ticket to get FD. Some of those have been used and some have been saved for future use. We stay at a value resort in a preferred room.

So for approx $2800 we are getting air, hotel, food, park tickets, and spending money. We are a family of four...kids are both well over age 10. Our oldest doesn't always come with us so some trips cost a tiny bit less.

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #36
chaoslobster
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnainnj View Post
$580 brings you just about 25% closer to the budget of your next trip. I think I would spring $20 for a taxi after 'Ohana and enjoy some frozen drinks at Pop. One day is just not worth the move to me. I would not get 2 full days out of it, with check-in, and possibly no home room for half the day on both ends.
Donna

Oh, I'm not checking out of the Pop for that one night. This is a 10 day vacation and I'm a self-confessed over-packer, not to mention all the medical equipment that accompanies me. It would take the better part of a day to move everything. My sister and I will sleep late at Pop, pack a few things up and head to the Poly late morning, spend a lazy day at the pool, stuff ourselves at 'Ohana and sleep at the Poly. The next day we'll repeat the sleeping late and the poolside relaxing, then hie ourselves back to the Pop around dusk.

The Poly stay is more about the pool access than escaping 'Ohana without an ordeal (taxis aren't a great option unless I'm desperate; I have to request a handicapped-accessible vehicle with a lift and I've had very bad experiences), though I wouldn't have done it without both factors. I'm pretty heavily disabled and I can't use most resort pools because of the steps. The Poly is one of the few places featuring a zero-entry pool where you just wade in. I haven't been able to enjoy a day poolside in literally years so it's worth a lot to me.

In any case, it is definitely a splurge. To be honest, I've been feeling sorry for myself because my health has deteriorated significantly since last year's Disney visit (we go every year in May) and I know I won't be able to do a lot of the rides and experiences I normally enjoy. I'm making myself feel better about it by planning things that my practical side usually shies from.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #37
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

Not a value vacation, my but my first stay at a moderate. I went back and forth so many times trying to decide on staying value vs moderate. I splurged this time.

For one adult:

7 nights at POR with 7 day PH $1837.11
Flight from bellingham (including parking and baggage fees) $640
Food (I have always had free dining before)guessing at $350
Extra spending $$ $200

Total: $3027.11 CAD

Yikes!! I did my best with currency conversion. That's $432.44 per day

Oh well, I am looking forward to my first moderate stay. With these prices (yes I got the 30% off with the spring offer and I am staying in a GV Royal room) it may be my last moderate stay.

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

KittyKat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #38
djamesdisney1st
Earning My Ears

Flights for 4 $975 Southwest/Airtran
POFQ with basic park passes and DDP $3300

*Praying for free dining* but going regardless.
djamesdisney1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #39
11point5
Mouseketeer

October 10-19, 2012 - ASMu - 2 adults (DBF and me)
preferred room for 9 nights + 9 day park hoppers: $1874 (after a very small but appreciated room discount)
2 one-park tickets to Universal + shuttle to/from Universal: $220
2 roundtrip flights Buffalo to Orlando: $570
trip insurance for both of us: $97
all meals OOP: $1300
my shopping money: $400
TOTAL: $4461
and worth EVERY PENNY
April 2000 - (POFQ) Second Daddy-Daughter Trip!
April 2007 - (AS Sports) High School Band Trip!
October 2012 - (ASMu) DBF's First Trip AND Our 3 Year Dating Anniversary!
February 2014 - (POR) Glass Slipper Challenge Trip!
March 2015 to March 2016 - Canadian Pavilion Cultural Rep Program!
11point5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #40
E-P-C-O-T
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I'm not checking out of the Pop for that one night. This is a 10 day vacation and I'm a self-confessed over-packer, not to mention all the medical equipment that accompanies me. It would take the better part of a day to move everything. My sister and I will sleep late at Pop, pack a few things up and head to the Poly late morning, spend a lazy day at the pool, stuff ourselves at 'Ohana and sleep at the Poly. The next day we'll repeat the sleeping late and the poolside relaxing, then hie ourselves back to the Pop around dusk.

The Poly stay is more about the pool access than escaping 'Ohana without an ordeal (taxis aren't a great option unless I'm desperate; I have to request a handicapped-accessible vehicle with a lift and I've had very bad experiences), though I wouldn't have done it without both factors. I'm pretty heavily disabled and I can't use most resort pools because of the steps. The Poly is one of the few places featuring a zero-entry pool where you just wade in. I haven't been able to enjoy a day poolside in literally years so it's worth a lot to me.

In any case, it is definitely a splurge. To be honest, I've been feeling sorry for myself because my health has deteriorated significantly since last year's Disney visit (we go every year in May) and I know I won't be able to do a lot of the rides and experiences I normally enjoy. I'm making myself feel better about it by planning things that my practical side usually shies from.

You know what, go for it! Sounds like you truly deserve it and your plan is absolutely perfect!

Aloha?

May09 CSR /AKV/BWV Sep09 VWL Jan10 POP/AKV APR10 POP Jun10 AKL/BWV Sep10 BCV Jan11 POP/BWV May11 BCV/BWV Jun/Jul11 SWAN/SSR Sep11 AKV/BWV/BCV Jan12 POP/BCV Feb 12 SSR May12 POP/AKV/BCV Sep12 2012 AKV/BCV/Disney Dream Dec12 Reunion Resort/WL May/Jun13 AKV/BCV/Reunion Resort/BLT Oct13 AKL Dec/Jan14 BCV/AOA/AKV Jan BCV

Currently planning many other trips, but, Mommy is running low on DVC points
E-P-C-O-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #41
bentopher
Mouseketeer

1 adult, 2 kids
7 nights at Pop
8 day park tickets (no hopper)
Disney Dining
Photopass+

$2501

Roundtrip Flights from buf to MCO direct on jet blue $660 ($220 each)

Total $3160

May 2013 Pop Century: Star Wars Weekend. The boys 2nd trip. And first trip with Grandma (who hadn't been in 15ish years).
May 2012 All Star Sports: The boys first Disney Vacation, and my first time back in 15 years!
Several offsite trips as a child, a disney cruise in 1994, and ASMu in 1997 for Disney 25th Anniversary!
bentopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:42 AM   #42
Cindie-rella
...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age. And dreams are forever.

8 nights at POLY LV w/7 day PH w/waterpark for 3 of us
$4782. + $1019. for airfare = $5801. ! That does not include food, shopping, taxis and towncar....so approx. total should be $7300-$7800. Looking at that total makes me crazy Just trying not to think about it and gonna have the most magical time of our lives

2000 ASMo 2005 POR 2006 AKL 2007 POR 2008 AKL/OKW 2013 POLY
Cindie-rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #43
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

2 adults sept. 7-15

1 night Drury inn $70
7 night POFQ with DDP & 7 day PH & WPAM option $2961

Praying for free dining really need it!

If A RO code only comes out ill down grade to ASMU but still stay 7 nights with DDP & PH passes with WPAM & according to the math of the summer promotion it should be around $2200

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:44 AM   #44
Princess Disney Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickfarland4 View Post
Just wondering how much it cost you to have your vacation staying at the value resorts?? Ours will come in at around $4000 for a family of 4(with one of us being free)! This includes dining and airfare for 4 also and pricing is for this year when in actuality we are not going until next May so this may be likely to change!
It's hard to compare unless you live where I do and travel the same time. The place I can see where you can cut costs is the dining. Skip the dining plan and have groceries delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
2006 - CR X 2/ DoubleTree WDW/ POFQ/ Music Resort
2007 - POP X 3/ Double Tree WDW
2008 - Disneyland/ BoardWalk / Off Site WDW
2009 - Offsite/Doubletree at WDW/CR/Boardwalk
2010 - Disneyland/ Doubletree WDW/HBC/ Music Resort
2011 - Hilton Bonnet Creek/ Port Orleans Riverside
2012 - Hilton Bonnet Creek
2013- Disneyland / Grand Floridian
2014 - Offsite/ Grand Floridian
Princess Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #45
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

August trip, ASSp with current discount $841. Airfare 3 x $246, but we had some dollar value with AirTran that had to be used or it would expire. Cost OOP, more like $300. I just rented a car for a few days, $97. The last few trips we've gone without a car, but I wanted to go to the outlet mall. Also, the car will allow us to pick up a few things at Publix and go to the outlet mall. Bag fees possibly $50. Airport parking at home around $63. Then there is food, not sure about that maybe $500. No parks planned at this time, but we do have some non expiring tickets, if we want to use those. Totaling it all up $1851. Maybe I should check into DVC rental for only $200 more than ASSp.

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: