Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
hpriamson
Mouseketeer

April Pool temperatures?

We're renting a house in Windsor Palms with a private pool starting April 14. Any idea what pool temperatures will be up to around then? We can request pool heat, but it's pretty pricey ($25/day), especially considering we may only want to spend a few hours total in the pool over the whole trip. WP has a full size pool for all guests that's heated, but it would be nice to use the private one for quick dips without making a trek to the public one.
hpriamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
rdevine10
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them- Walt Disney

While I cant tell you the temperature of the water, we are down in FL for this week of april almost every year. Some years its colder than others. This year its a later spring, so it hasnt been as warm, but the jet stream just shifted (FINALLY!).

That being said, for our april trips I do prefer pool heat. We have stayed at a couple hotels that did not heat the pool and I did not enjoy the water at all then.

FWIW, we live in CT, so I like it to be very hot to swim. Water in the upper 70s or I do not enjoy. So, for me not to enjoy it, it must of been cooler than that!
Too many childhood trips to count. 9/00- ASMovies, 5/05- Pop, 9/06- Pop, 9/07- Pop, 5/08-AKL & Summer Bay, 9/08- Pop, 4/09-Nick Hotel & Caribe Royal, 4/10-Bonnet Creek, 9/10- Pop, 4/11 Disney Dream Cruise-4night (Nassau & Castaway Cay x 2) & Bonnet Creek, 4/12 Carnival Legend Cruise (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize & Cozumel) & CBR, 4/13- Bonnet Creek 8/13- Daytona Beach, RCCL Enchantment of the Seas (Nassau & Coco Cay) & Art of Animation! 4/2014- Carnival Freedom (Key West, Ocho Rios & Grand Cayman) & Caribe Royal 7/14- Daytona Beach 8/14- Atlantis Resort, Paradise Island, Bahamas

rdevine10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
megthewonderful
DIS Veteran

We're heading down in less than 2 weeks from NH and we're getting pool heat. We go every April and one year we decided to try it without pool heat and regretted it. While the community pool is always there, it's nice to be able to take a quick swim in your own pool.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
Jason71
Brother to pirates and corsairs...

Just stuck my toe in the pool (I live maybe 2 miles form Windsor Palms)--it's cold. Late Spring this year, more rain than normal. I'd plan on getting pool heat or just using the main pool.
Jason71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #5
conniehar90
DIS Veteran

We were there last week and were very glad that we got the heat. It was cold out! I think it is hit or miss this time of year for the air temp, but the water temp probably hasn't warmed up yet.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #6
GingerJay
DIS Veteran

I would definitely say get the pool heat if you're planning on swimming. Even if it's warm in April, the pool water will probably still be cold- and it still gets chilly at night. If using the splash pool is not a big deal- certainly you can forgo the expense.

February 2008: Contemporary Resort
March 2010: Windsor Hills
GingerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #7
Tink575
Mouseketeer

I would get the pool heat, it can get really chilly at night and the water temps will drop. I'll be down there the end of April or so and be turning on our pool heat. The alternate option is the community pool, which always is warmer than our pool in WP even if I crank up the heat. PS the community pool is a salt water pool, and remember you can sign up in the sundry shop for free to have movies shown in the theatre, check out TV channel 998 for all the info.

Next visit hopefully in Sept. 2014
Offsite 1975; Offsite 1986; 30? other trips; 2006 - Present: Part-time resident
Tink575 is offline   Reply With Quote