Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #61
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

I'd love to join this group! Looks like there are a lot of other nighttime eaters here... I'm feeling quite at "home." Exercise is tough for me bc of chronic back pain, but I'm taking it slow and not worrying too much about what I am doing, but more so that I am doing something. There is a poster at our Y that says... It doesn't matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch! That's my new motto!! My routine so far has been to download the DIS podcast and walk. Hoping to get in the pool next week.

Thanks for starting this thread!!

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Niewoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #62
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niewoe View Post
I'd love to join this group! Looks like there are a lot of other nighttime eaters here... I'm feeling quite at "home." Exercise is tough for me bc of chronic back pain, but I'm taking it slow and not worrying too much about what I am doing, but more so that I am doing something. There is a poster at our Y that says... It doesn't matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch! That's my new motto!! My routine so far has been to download the DIS podcast and walk. Hoping to get in the pool next week.

Thanks for starting this thread!!

You're welcome!! Good luck!!
SDSorority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #63
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I made a yummy veggie fritatta tonight... It's a Weight watchers recipe... only 3 points a serving...

http://www.food.com/recipe/autumn-ve...atchers-399946

I add more veggies to it... I have cauliflower and asparagus and I put mushrooms in it too... anything you have really... it takes a little longer to make because I cook the veggies a little softer for mom... you might have to add an egg or so if you don't get the big container of egg beaters... I cook it up in the pan... add the egg until they are soft.. then put it in a oven safe bowl (sprayed with non stick spray) and put it in the oven until it's set... about 10 more minutes... it's really good the day after for lunch...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #64
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

A really good cookbook is the American Diabetes Calendar one. We made the Italian Harvest Frittatas the other night. Really good and healthy. Good leftovers from that one as well. It has angel hair pasta in it
Old 04-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #65
HubbDave
Remember, no matter where you go, there you are - BB
I do love pics of defunct and abandoned Parks

The cookbook is Healthy Calendar Diabetic Cooking. There is a second addition as well
Old 04-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #66
KristEn87
I WILL be twirling around in a circle singing "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere!" Bonjour!

I'm happy to say that after 1 week of being home and back on WW after the cruise I'm back to my pre-cruise weight! I'm heading to the Y here in a few minutes (first time back since vacation thanks to terrible sun burns on my legs) . Hope to get a walk outside today to!

KristEn87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:29 PM   #67
LuvsBlueDiamonds
DIS Veteran

My turn to jump in... After listening to the podcast I wanted to add my story. I recently lost 100 pounds. I did not do a fad diet, I counted calories, cut out (most) junk foods, reduced portions, took my time and got off my big butt. Days it was easy and days it was HARD. I have kept the weight off. I never said NO to a craving... eat it, maybe a few bites and move on with your day or it will drive you insane. I wish the girls and everyone on this thread the best of luck. You can do it and the payoff is amazing! Not to mention the shopping!!!!! My family will be on the DIS 1.0 cruise and I can't wait to see the results!!! I will bring my FAT pictures. I keep them on my phone as a reminder and to show off now and then lol
Just a Memory: CCL Miracle 8/12, Mikayla's Decade of Disney 12/11, Disney Dream 8/11, WL 8/11, BC 8/11, Carnival Dream 8/10, WL CL 8/10, Disney Magic Eastern 8/09, WL CL 8/09, Disney Magic Western CC DD 9/08, POR 9/08, Disney Magic Eastern 9/07, POP 9/07, Disney Magic Western 9/06, POP 9/06, Disney Magic Special Southern CC DD Hurricane Jeanne 9/05, POP 9/05, Disney Magic Western 9/04, ASM 9/04, Disney Wonder Bahamas 9/03, ASM 9/03, RCCL 10/01, Carnival 9/00, Carnival 9/99

ME, Don't even think abou it DH, Younger than Me DD 11
....................../../..../../
.............____ /../__ /../_____
............| O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O.O|
.______ |O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O|________
.\*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_* /
..\ .............................................../
~\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/~~~~~~~~~

}><((((º>`·..·`·..·`·...}><((((º>. , . .·`·.. }><((((º>`·..·`·..·`·...}><((((º>
LuvsBlueDiamonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #68
keahgirl8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsBlueDiamonds View Post
My turn to jump in... After listening to the podcast I wanted to add my story. I recently lost 100 pounds. I did not do a fad diet, I counted calories, cut out (most) junk foods, reduced portions, took my time and got off my big butt. Days it was easy and days it was HARD. I have kept the weight off. I never said NO to a craving... eat it, maybe a few bites and move on with your day or it will drive you insane. I wish the girls and everyone on this thread the best of luck. You can do it and the payoff is amazing! Not to mention the shopping!!!!! My family will be on the DIS 1.0 cruise and I can't wait to see the results!!! I will bring my FAT pictures. I keep them on my phone as a reminder and to show off now and then lol
I am in the same boat! I just completed the weight loss part of my journey, losing over 116 pounds. I am now in maintenance/toning mode, which is a whole new challenge. Congratulations to everyone for starting your healthy new lifestyle. If I can do it, anyone can. No one was less likely to succeed than me!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:55 AM   #69
contempory4me
Mouseketeer

So far so good!

Fit Bit zip to track activity + My fitness pal app to track food = down 4.5lbs for this week! How did everyone else do? What worked for you this week?

Last edited by contempory4me; 04-14-2013 at 07:03 AM.
contempory4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #70
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Not a great week for me, it rained and was cold all week so I didn't get out and walk like I wanted to. But today is beautiful and this week looks great so I cannot use that as an excuse. I am determined to do better this week.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #71
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

I'll join you all.

I lost 14 lbs from March 1st-April 7th..then left for vacation(Disneys HHI resort) had a great time. 8 lbs of great @@ LOL
So back in the saddle again.

I really like using the Lose It app, seems to be the easiest for me to keep up with, but I really feel any way you do it, as long as you track your food, is key.

In February/March, I made it my mission to exercise 30 days in a row, no excuses, just to see if I could, and I did it. Not saying it was hours of work outs, sometimes it was just walking a mile and a half or two, but it was something every single day.
I'm making a deal with myself again-exercise every day for the rest of April.

I want to be healthy, eat healthy, and I'd like to lose 25 lbs.

JVL1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:51 PM   #72
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Hi Vicki!

Congrats on the 15!!!

I started 2 weeks ago and I'm now at 5 lbs... just a start though....

Where in Bergen County do you live? I grew up in Park Ridge and then moved to Mahwah...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #73
JVL1018
Forever Mickey's daughter
I hate stickers on fruit, it skeeves me.
If someone doesn't like it, tough noogies
"Nakey Boy to the rescue!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Hi Vicki!

Congrats on the 15!!!

I started 2 weeks ago and I'm now at 5 lbs... just a start though....

Where in Bergen County do you live? I grew up in Park Ridge and then moved to Mahwah...
Good job!
I grew up in New Milford and moved to Bergenfield where my husband is from.

I just downloaded the Map My Walk app Kathy was talking about and I love it! So accurate with the GPS.

JVL1018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #74
Tink rules

Very cool...

I have family and friends in Teaneck, Dumont, Harrington Park...

On the getting healthy part....

I asked my niece to be a coach for me... lovingly I asked her to be...

Cause she's an IRONWOMAN!!!!

She can run/swim/bike 140.1 miles... I'm working up to a mile!!!!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #75
andyman8
DIS Veteran

While I'm not really joining in (I consider myself healthy for my age, not trying to sound conceded), I am all for eating healthier (I struggle a bit there; not overweight by any standards but just want to eat a bit healthier) and I'd love to offer my full support of everyone on this journey.

I think that this is a truly awesome segment that I see as true inspiration and motivation for people who have been contemplating loosing weight but haven't yet. I would love to see the whole podcast crew run some sort of runDisney race. Whether it be just a 5K or a half-marathon, I think it would inspire a lot of people interested in doing the same. This is an amazing thing you all are doing and I look forward to hearing your success stories!
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: