Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #46
ktrask
Mouseketeer

I'm so loving this. I listened to the podcast last week, and I was just so proud of you ladies!!

I started WW about a month and a half ago, and I have a large goal. I'd like to lose 70 lbs, but I have no target date in mind. I will follow the plan, and it will work (I followed it before, and it did...so I know it can again...this time I have to keep up with it long AFTER I lose). So far I'm down 9.6 lbs.

I put on the weight at first because I was emotionally eating. 2 weeks after our DD was born my company closed and I lost my job. I found another job, but it was just awful and I was miserable. But..we met our bills so I stayed. I found another job..and it was better, but still not great. About 2 years ago I found my current job, and it's much better. I had been emotionally eating for so long, that I just became lazy as well.

I slowly started losing weight as I became happier with work and my work life balance. I did 2 5k races last year (and in doing so learned how much I hate running), and started on a better path. Getting into WW recently kicked it into high gear.

It's not perfect all the time, but overall it's going in the right direction. We go to Disney in December, and my goal is to be able to use the heck out of our Photopass + and feel good about the pictures we will have

ktrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #47
DrZoidberg
Mouseketeer

I have lost 45 lbs since thanksgiving!

Ryan
DrZoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #48
disneysteve
You have to enjoy life, not go around worrying about what other people think

One resource that I highly recommend is... the Internet. Seriously, it is easy to tell yourself that you are going to eats nuts and berries for the rest of your life but the reality is you are still going to eat out, get fast food at times, go out to dinner with family and friends. The key is making healthier choices. Pretty much every major chain has a website where they list the nutritional information for all of their menu items (unless you are lucky enough to live in a state that requires that info to actually be on the menu). So if you know you are going to Applebee's for dinner, take a few minutes to browse their website and identify the best choices. If your coworkers are ordering lunch from Panera, check the website first before placing your order. They also often break down the components of the meal so you can see the effect of leaving off the sauce, for example, or skipping the bread and just eating the stuff inside the sandwich. It is amazing how many calories you can save that way. Knowledge is king.
Why should I pay for my daughter's education when she already knows everything?
disneysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #49
roomthreeseventeen
Inaugural Dopey Challenge finisher

I just signed up for the Dopey Challenge at WDW in January (5k Thursday, 10k Friday, Half Marathon on Saturday, full Marathon Sunday). I think I might be taking this a bit too far.
AKL (marathon weekend) and ... AKL (Wine and Dine)
2013 Fort Wilderness 2014 Dopey Challenge AKL
2015 Dopey Challenge at POR!

roomthreeseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #50
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

making small changes... more fruits and veggies and I've moved all the candy out of my office...

will start walking soon!

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #51
simmons_m
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomthreeseventeen View Post
I just signed up for the Dopey Challenge at WDW in January (5k Thursday, 10k Friday, Half Marathon on Saturday, full Marathon Sunday). I think I might be taking this a bit too far.
Good luck with the race/event.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:51 PM   #52
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I joined the gym last night...

first day is tomorrow...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #53
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Took a long walk after work today!
Old 04-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #54
Tink rules

Old 04-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #55
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Hope everyone is doing well today!! I'm ready for lunch!! I brought a grilled chicken salad, carrots and almond butter, frozen berries, and some cashews as an afternoon snack. Stay motivated, everybody!!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #56
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Trying to do my best, but struggling with stress. I am in my last semester of grad school and my mom is in the hospital so I have a lot of meals here. So, just doing my best and controlling what I can.

Here are the changes I am trying to make:

- Reducing the amount of gluten I eat in general as my doctor suspects I might be slightly sensitive based off of symptoms and my food diary. I usually only have issues if I eat too much too often. So, if I have a gluten heavy lunch then I will try and be gluten free at dinner and the other way around.

- Go vegetarian at least one night a week and reduce my dependency on meat as the main part of my meals in general. This is hard to do with the limited options at the hospital but I will do what I can.

- Eat more natural and clean. This means having butter instead of margarine for example even if butter is more calories. If I buy something packaged I need to be able to understand and pronounce everything on the ingredient list.

Today I had a fruit smoothie for breakfast that I made at home (vanilla protein powder, black cherry greek yogurt, cherry/blueberry juice, pineapple, peaches, and strawberries). Lunch was a grilled chicken sandwich with a bit of mayo and tomato and a salad with light raspberry vinaigrette (like I said, not many options). Tonight's dinner will be chicken breasts stuffed with feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, and spinach with roasted garlic quinoa and steamed broccoli.

I am working on a grocery list to go to the store tonight. I will only be shopping for a few days worth as I might have family coming into town next week but we don't know for sure exactly when.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #57
contempory4me
Mouseketeer

Combo that works for me!

I have had the myfitnesspal app to log my food for a while. It works fairly well when I use it. I recently purchased the fitbit zip to log my activity. Now I can see exactly where my issues were. myfitnesspal was way more giving with calories, it allowed 1,200 while my Fit Bit wants me to earn the 1,200. it forces me to move, if I don't then I only get 950. This combo of food and activity logging seems to be working. Hoping everyone else is finding something that works for them as well.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #58
lodgelady
DIS Veteran

Emotional eater/yo-yo dieter here! I know this is a really bad example for my daughter just like T said.
Exercise and limiting carbs is the key to regulation for me.

SO glad to join you!!! Thanks for giving me the nudge I needed!

lodgelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #59
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Resisted urge to eat chips this aft, and instead had some greek yogurt with a small amount of granola. Yay for me! This is big.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #60
SDSorority

Hope everybody is still doing well!! It's almost the weekend! I don't believe in "cheat days", so for me, the weekend will be meals as usual! Going to try to be especially active since I'll have a little more time than I do during the work-week.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: