Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #61
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post
I thinks this qualifies as a reason to stay out of any thread that has anything to do with FP+ going forward. Just sayin'.
And by your logic...your post below should qualify as a reason you should stay out of FP+ threads

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=828

Quote:
I want no part to do with Disney of the future...
UNCFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #62
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

I was just yelling at my computer about this the other day. I was at work on my computer trying to book a 2 night stay next month and I was able to get the prices but if I went to book, it asked for my pass number. I typed in the code on the back and it didn't work. Kept saying I need to call. I got so ticked off and decided to say the hell with it. One good thing that came out of it was that I checked aaa.com and actually found lower rates there. Still, I expected more out of Disney. They dropped the ball.
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #63
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonS View Post
It is unfair to blame Disney IT wholly for the issues. Depending on the structure, IT may only consist of the programmers. I. Order to implement a system or changes, IT needs business requirements. Note, I said business! These requirements come from the business area. Then, there are usually also.business analysts involved to help the business area develop those requirements. The IT area implements what they are told. If those other areas do a poor job, guess what...poor system.

In addition, it is often the business areas driving the implementation dates. Again, usually the business analysts and business area are responsible for testing the changes and usually provide sign off before implementation. They usually also have final say in whether to release the changes or not.

As you can see, there are many areas responsible for the shape of the website, not just IT. Obviously, the project office is driving to dates and the mindset is as long as we meet the date and have something up, we are good.

So, please stop placing the blame for the website and other poor systems interactions solely on IT
Stop confusing people with logic.

Exactly my point, there are many moving pieces behind the scene that people are unaware of but are quick to draw faulty conclusions.
UNCFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #64
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post
And by your logic...your post below should qualify as a reason you should stay out of FP+ threads

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=828
But I just love trainwrecks!

p.s. I gave away 4 sets of FP when I was there in March.

At least they gave SDMT a 25 day head start...
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #65
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:

But I just love trainwrecks!

p.s. I gave away 4 sets of FP when I was there in March.
You best start believing in train wrecks, Mad Hattered. You're (about to be) in one....
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
mesaboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:03 AM   #66
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

I'm back from WDW... with the new RFID cards. The decision was made for me: my AP became magically "demagnetized" somewhere between EP's entrance the the Maelstrom FP machine.

So I was able to test the new RFID AP out some...

The turnstiles at MK are not marked, RFID vs. non-RFID. Imagine thousands of folks lined up for rope drop, unable to see what type of turnstile is at the end of their lines, due to crowding. Now imagine getting to the front of your line, only to discover that you may not enter; the CM tells you to start over, over there, in another line, one that's the right turnstile for your type of card. Many unhappy campers. Luckily, I had the good fortune of winding up in a line to go through the RFID turnstiles. And yes, it was very quick and easy to enter. (Note that the RFID turnstiles are on the RIGHT as you face the train station.)

I used our new cards in the old FP machines without issue.

I showed my new card at the MK toll booth and the CM there took one glance and waved me through.

I have not yet tried logging into the AP website portal... I'm scared...

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #67
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

I'm considering converting our park hoppers to APs next month. Could someone please clarify for me: are the old style APs still available or just the RFID cards? Since I won't have "old" AP info in the website, will I be able to access the AP section of the website or not? I don't care about actually booking online, but I would like to view & price available offers without calling. ( I like to do split stays & different resort combinations--hate to waste a CMs time just pricing things). Thanks!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #68
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusondisney View Post
I'm considering converting our park hoppers to APs next month. Could someone please clarify for me: are the old style APs still available or just the RFID cards? Since I won't have "old" AP info in the website, will I be able to access the AP section of the website or not? I don't care about actually booking online, but I would like to view & price available offers without calling. ( I like to do split stays & different resort combinations--hate to waste a CMs time just pricing things). Thanks!
If you purchase an new AP, it will be an RFID card. As for the passholder website, Disney still has the following up:
Quote:
Did you purchase a new pass or convert your pass to one of the new cards after March 19, 2013?

We are sorry, but we are unable to add your passholder affiliation at this time. If you wish to book a Disney Resort hotel stay, call (407) 560-PASS or (407) 560-7277 to make your reservation and receive your passholder discount. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call. Please pardon our pixie dust while we prepare to roll-out MyMagic+ enhancements for your enjoyment later this year.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #69
focusondisney

I'll need some Boo Boo fun
Oh come on! You didn't even give anyone a chance to follow the rule!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
If you purchase an new AP, it will be an RFID card. As for the passholder website, Disney still has the following up:
Thanks for the info. Maybe they'll get that website fixed before I need to price my next vacation.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #70
providince
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie

Ya think???? Will never figure why they did not wait for perfection.
Two things to consider:
1. Disney is in existence to make money. The more time peopke spend in lines, yhe less tjme they are spending buying products or increasing profit in the park. This means Disney is inherently incentivized to find creative ways to move people out of lines and into spending areas. Fp+ is just one of those ways.
2. If youre going to live test something, you should do it on your annual pass members. Even if you piss them off, they'll still come. They may piss and moan but they are in and will work to find value in their annual pass. Much harder to alienate them than families that come once every couple of years. Youve already earned annual pass member business and are not likely to lose it. Use them as guinea pigs to improve processes for the others. Hate to break it to you but thats common sense. IT testing 101. Welcome to the bleeding edge.
providince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #71
AndyPok1
Back in MCO!
To answer the other question, getting along is boring
I like tacos

The one thing that people don't realize is that you can't paint Disney IT with a broad brush. There are simply too many departments with competing yet overlapping responsibilities.

As someone said, a significant portion of the online presence is in Seattle. For that matter, ESPN.com is an excellent website, so it's not like TWDC is incapable. You can't simply sit there and say, oh 'xxx' is bad, thus how will they ever make FP+ work. Look at all the things they do have that work.
AndyPok1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:28 AM   #72
ChrisnKim913
DIS Veteran

I used that link someone posted a few days ago and wrote a complaint about the AP page as a whole and also singled out how you can't make a hotel reservation online with a new RFID AP. I got a response last night saying they apologize and that it should be fixed now. Has anyone tried making a reservation with their RFID AP yesterday or today? I won't be able to check this out until later today. I'm interested to see if it is actually fixed or if they are feeding me a line of BS.
ChrisnKim913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #73
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by providince View Post
2. If youre going to live test something, you should do it on your annual pass members. Even if you piss them off, they'll still come. They may piss and moan but they are in and will work to find value in their annual pass. Much harder to alienate them than families that come once every couple of years. Youve already earned annual pass member business and are not likely to lose it. Use them as guinea pigs to improve processes for the others. Hate to break it to you but thats common sense. IT testing 101. Welcome to the bleeding edge.
Yep, all true. And I'll add another good reason to test on superusers (passholders) - we'll find the glitches. We tour, visit and use the website in a good many ways first-time visitors do not; we're the best bet for finding those odd, infrequent errors in the new system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913 View Post
I used that link someone posted a few days ago and wrote a complaint about the AP page as a whole and also singled out how you can't make a hotel reservation online with a new RFID AP. I got a response last night saying they apologize and that it should be fixed now. Has anyone tried making a reservation with their RFID AP yesterday or today? I won't be able to check this out until later today. I'm interested to see if it is actually fixed or if they are feeding me a line of BS.
That's good to hear! I logged in late yesterday and it's still working off of my old, non-RFID pass, so I can't test it... but I'm happy I can still get in!

I run Disney!
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015
Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012
Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #74
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Good news!

Hi everyone!

I am happy to report that you can now book/register your annual pass and discounts on the Disney site if you have a new RFID pass. I called the number listed and they directed me to the IT office (4079397765 I believe, but not entirely sure the number)

They were able to give me a "dummy" number to register my new pass. So fear not, you can still register your RFID pass!

So happy!!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #75
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisnKim913 View Post
If you can't make the reservation with the RFID annual pass, would they let you make the reservation without the RFID AP (without any pass at all)?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: