Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 02:28 PM   #31
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Please, please, PLEASE email this to Disney! They need to know that they're alienating customers and potential customers.

I do have the MDE app on my iPhone... it's useless.
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
Wilderness Lodge Club Level - 2010, 2013
We'll be home soon...
CuteAsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #32
ManyMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Outstanding idea at this point!
ManyMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #33
Ragnrok23
DIS Veteran

Are the people that logged on to the AP site first, THEN upgraded to RFID tickets able to still navagate the AP website?

Going in 2 weeks and wonder if I should log on one night before updating?
1986-1991 Offsite,1999 Wilderness Lodge,2000-2001 Port Orleans, 2005 CBR, 2007 GF/Wonder, [COLOR="Red"]2008 WL, 2009 OKW Christmas with godson for his first trip 2010 Kidani 2010 1st solo trip-Pop 2011 BLT 2012 GVC (pre wedding) 2013 AKL- Kidani
Ragnrok23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #34
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post
It is truly amazing that people with ZERO knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes with Disney IT, can make such definitive statements. Is it a coincidence that many of these same people that constantly criticize Disney IT are also among the most ardent opponents of the proposed FP+ system?
Of course it isn't - some of us are opponents of the FP+ system BECAUSE of the track record of Disney IT. And I don't care about "behind the scenes" factors - in this day and age a company's internet presence is a significant part of the overall brand and Disney does not seem to be managing that very well at all.

I'm a huge technophile and love the potential in RFID technology at Disney, but I'm skeptical at best about the FP+ system because nothing in my many years of experience as a user of Disney's website and more recently their apps gives me any reason to believe they can pull off something so ambitious.

Tickerless once more...Kid-free trip on hold until fall 2014
How a Year Off Became a Year of Disney Magic! PTR
My Training Blog - From Fluffy to Fit: A Pooh Sized Runner's Quest to Run Disney
Colleen27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #35
appleorchard
DIS Veteran

We went to our VERY local, tiny little mom and pop drop-in kid's play center today. They had a cute little program that projected different games on the floor for kids to play. It had their name and logo on it.

It reminded me of the old Imagination area in Epcot. My kids used to love it and spend hours there. Nothing works now. It's deserted, and with good reason.

Disney can't come up with anything as good as our mom-and-pop outfit? What's wrong with the imagineers, their IT and everything else technically related at Disney?

I've given up trying to get the apps to work. I count it as a good day when I can find my dining reservations. And I'm not planning on converting our APS now.
appleorchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #36
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

It was colloquialism to call it a simple task. But I work in media and we would NEVER roll out something on our Web site if we knew an entire segment of the population couldn't access it. Disney seemingly keeps putting the cart before the horse when it comes to the system rollout. If the entire system is based on the Web site, then make sure the new Web site is functional before launching it to the general public. If you're going to send your passholders e-mails encouraging them to convert their passes to RFID don't follow it up with "oh by the way, you can't access the passholder site with your new pass."

I'm sure you'll be right back to argue against me on this point, but I believe (as do many others in the passholder communities on social media) Disney dropped the ball on this.
Honestly, I'm not the least bit concerned about the current AP RFID issue for the simple reason that those RFID passes are not the final product. They are simple a stopgap to allow AP holders to access the faster RFID gates until the MM+ rollout is ready.

Last edited by dadddio; 04-04-2013 at 10:38 PM.
dadddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #37
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post

I go to WDW about once every 10 years.
I thinks this qualifies as a reason to stay out of any thread that has anything to do with FP+ going forward. Just sayin'.

Sarcasm....the body's natural defense against stupid.
Mad Hattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #38
Mad Hattered
I had a stick of CareFree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
Honestly, I'm not the least bit concerned about the current AP RFID issue for the simple reason that those rid passes Are not the final product. They are simple a stopgap to allow AP holders to access the faster RFID gates until the MM+ rollout is ready.
Daddio...what percentage, of your nearly 1,000 posts, are on something other than FP+ or RFID on this board? Do you work for Disney or something?

Edit: you are now 2 posts over 1,000 since I posted. I must have missed a thread.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #39
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Egads.

YES!!! I work in marketing/PR and nearly everything I do is electronic - websites, bulk email, social media, etc. Never do we roll out something new and big without attempting to "break" it in every possible first. By the time it reaches the public, there should be very few glitches and they should be the types that no one ever thought of. Seriously, no one at Disney IT thought passholders might want to continue booking online?! Amazing.
The big thing that is going to be rolled out is MM+. The AP RFID passes are not that big thing. They are but a stopgap until the big thing happens.

So there was apparently a choice: Inconvenience AP holders longer by making them wait in a slow line or temporarily lose access to the AP website. These guests can still make their reservations easy enough by calling the given number and now they can enter the parks quickly. It seems that the correct decision was made.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:31 PM   #40
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post

Ya think???? Will never figure why they did not wait for perfection.
That's a pretty easy question to answer. AP holders were leaved that they had to wait in a slow line to enter the parks. That was clearly shown in the many posts about it.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #41
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post

Daddio...what percentage, of your nearly 1,000 posts, are on something other than FP+ or RFID on this board? Do you work for Disney or something?

Edit: you are now 2 posts over 1,000 since I posted. I must have missed a thread.
I don't see how my post count has anything to do with the topic of this thread. We are all free to post to any thread of our choosing as long as we abide by the board rules.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:43 PM   #42
Mad Hattered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
I don't see how my post count has anything to do with the topic of this thread. We are all free to post to any thread of our choosing as long as we abide by the board rules.
OK...well it's not that tough to figure out...unless of course Disney IT is in charge of it.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #43
DisneyBK
Earning My Ears

Just an observation: When people criticize Disney IT, I am certain to see replies of how great Disney is (which they are) and how difficult it must really be (which it is) and how people take the wonderful world of Disney for granted (which we all sometimes do) ... but I notice that no one ever really replies that Disney IT is great.

I have worked in IT (and now digital marketing) my whole career so the fundamentals related to these concepts are not foreign to me either. Curious though … does anyone know if Disney outsources their IT development or if it is internal?
DisneyBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:51 PM   #44
dadddio
DIS Veteran

I've worked for a number of companies over the years. I don't think that I've ever thought 'Our IT is great!' I suppose that it's possible that I've simply worked for a bunch of company's with lousy IT departments. However, I suspect the real answer is that IT departments don't get much love. They are either screwing up or completely ignored.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:59 PM   #45
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hattered View Post

OK...well it's not that tough to figure out...unless of course Disney IT is in charge of it.
I'm not sure what you are trying to figure out. Since you are apparently very interested in my posts, you will note that the bulk of my MM+ posts are that we should wait and see how it is rolled out rather than feed into the doom and gloom speculation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: