Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 PM   #16
donut42
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymagicgirl View Post
I think you are going to be tight on time getting back and forth for some of these plans, esp if using Disney transport. For ex: if you want naps to start at 1:30, you will need to start heading to the front of the park about 12:30, wait for a bus and that can vary, ride the bus, walk to the room, and settle the kids down. Then they sleep for however long (90 mins?) so now it is already 3pm best case. You will need to get everyone's shoes back on, park bag restocked, everyone tinkle, out the door, walk to the bus, wait for the bus, ride the bus, go they bag check, and into park. At the very least it is 4pm...but you should probably inflate that. My kids always nap extra long at Wdw...while the rest of us sit and wait for them to wake so we can get back to the parks. Just be prepared for how long the transport takes. Dining choices look yummy to me!
Thanks for the advice. For most days was planning on leaving parks at 1pm, nap from 2-3:30, and back at park by 4:30. Should we rent a car if we want to make this happen? Most places I've read it takes an hr to get from one place to another. Early Nov shouldn't be too bad if TouringPlans has any accuracy, right?
donut42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:35 AM   #17
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

As the mom of princess loving 6 year old, I wanted to try to help

We did DxDP last trip, and are happily doing it again. We also enjoy dining out and the time for the meals doesn't seem like an imposition.

The best advice I got doing DxDP for the first time was to leave 5 hours between meals. I didn't follow it, and I wish that I had.

I'd try to leave 2 hours between BBB and CRT. After the BBB you'll want to get your DDs photos taken (well I like to do it right away before she gets rumpled). A little extra time can't hurt.

I've only heard good things about Narcoossees and Citricos. For what its worth-we chose Narco over Citricos for this trip as well. It's the menu we're most interested in, and if it's not the best meal we've ever had-we'll live.

Flying Fish was on my short list for this trip. I can't wait to try it, and Jellyrolls is a ton of fun!

Be sure to grab a times guide on your way into the parks each morning. We set up our plan of attack at meal times. I've found Epcot to be the hardest park to get to every princess. Go into it knowing that you won't be able to go country to country in order. There will be lots of backtracking.

And, Mulan can only be found at Epcot and Pocahontas at AK if they're important to your girls
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2013, 03:41 AM   #18
bricorssk
Earning My Ears

Honestly Nacoosees was really that bad and so were the Mosquitos! If you are a foodie you will be completely disappointed, there are such better 2 credit options! Almost all of my friends have had the same experience, mushy lobster, not that great of service etc. we even had the perfect wishes seat and it didn't make it worth it

Also don't forget it is food and wine, you will be so disappointed if you don't partake in some of it so plan a bigger space between meals on Epcot days. Food and wine is an absolute blast. Do not go to Epcot on a Saturday night during food and wine it is insane! It will not be enjoyable for your little ones

For crystal palace even if your reservation is at rope drop time you will still be let in 15 min early! For all your reservations you really do want to show up 15 minutes early, so figure that in

If you are using Disney transportation even that time of year it can take over 45 minutes to get 1 place to another. We always rent a car now it does save time but it still takes longer to get to places than you expect. Like pp said plan time for travel at least 35 minutes if in car longer on transportation.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: