Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Lizillion
Earning My Ears

Most romantic places for fireworks

Hi there!

I've read threads on some of the best places to watch shows like IllumiNations and Wishes, so I think I have a pretty good idea of where to get the best views, but I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere a little more romantic than standing in a crowd of wall-to-wall people in the middle of main street. It doesn't necessarily have to be a place that offers the BEST view, just somewhere nice where 2 people could relax, maybe enjoy a drink, and just enjoy the show. I'm not personally really looking for sit-down restaurant locations since we already have our ADRs booked, but if other people want those suggestions, great!

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
Lizillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
10_Kyle_10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizillion View Post
It doesn't necessarily have to be a place that offers the BEST view, just somewhere nice where 2 people could relax, maybe enjoy a drink, and just enjoy the show.
I think the Poly Beach will be your best bet. You can get drinks at the pool bar or tambu lounge then find a hammock or swing on the beach. Intimate and very quiet, they even pipe in the music!

Fort Wilderness: 1991, 1992, 1995 x 2, 2005 / Wilderness Lodge: 2000 / Caribbean Beach: 2002 / Coronado Springs: 2010 / All Star Sports: 1997 / All Star Music: 2007, 2009, 2011 / Pop Century: 2008, 2012, 2013 / Grosvenor: 2006 / Off Site: 1990
10_Kyle_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #3
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party inside Magic Kingdom. It's a wishes viewing party with a dessert buffet.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
amytech
Mouseketeer

I second the Poly beach. My dh and I decided to try that on our last Disney vacation (stayed offsite with our family of 8). Dh and I were able to take an evening to relax, planning on picking up ds and girlfriend at MK late in the day. We drove to the Poly, parked, got a drink from the beach bar and headed to the lounge chairs and hammocks for the Wishes viewing.
In March, we were some of the only people on the beach! We had the PERFECT view, music piped in and no crowds. I looked at my husband and said, "Why would ever see the fireworks any other way again?!" It was AMAZING!

We have seen Wishes many times, once from being in Dumbo, flying during Wishes and seeing it on the beach at Poly was our absolute favorite and something we will do every trip from here on out!
'05 All Star Music,
'07-'12 offsite trips,
May '13-POFQ, Aug. '13 BC
May '14- BC
amytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #5
pixie08
DIS Veteran

For wishes poly beach and gf marina. For illuminations the Boardwalk!

Dining is another thing . You've got cg, narcoosee's , rose and crown and la hacienda.

pixie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

in the parks - hard - there is the garden (on the way to tomorrowland) in the MK. it is down low - so it is not that popular for viewing the fireworks. also like the wooden walkway over the lake in frontierland - there are a couple of places that you can see the top of the castle (and fireworks from).

at epcot - the entire lake is pretty crowded.

my new favorite for MK - is my room at BLT or at the TOW (it is also a great place to get a drink) - but you need to be a DVC member or know one who is there with you.

you can try the 4th floor patio over at CR - it has some seats and the music plays here - you can get food inside at Contempo Cafe.

now none of these places will you be alone (except BLT room) - Disney has cameras everywhere!!! so even private places won't be as private as they seem - especially in the parks.

for Epcot - like CBR or Pop - now you can't see all the fireworks - most of Epcot show is closer to the ground than MK - you can see the higher ones.

again can't see them all there is a bridge going toward BW - before you get to sea breeze pointe (see map) coming from epcot - than you see the fireworks - again you will not be alone -

map
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466719

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #7
NHKristy76
Senior Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat View Post
in the parks - hard - there is the garden (on the way to tomorrowland) in the MK. it is down low - so it is not that popular for viewing the fireworks. also like the wooden walkway over the lake in frontierland - there are a couple of places that you can see the top of the castle (and fireworks from).

at epcot - the entire lake is pretty crowded.

my new favorite for MK - is my room at BLT or at the TOW (it is also a great place to get a drink) - but you need to be a DVC member or know one who is there with you.

you can try the 4th floor patio over at CR - it has some seats and the music plays here - you can get food inside at Contempo Cafe.

now none of these places will you be alone (except BLT room) - Disney has cameras everywhere!!! so even private places won't be as private as they seem - especially in the parks.

for Epcot - like CBR or Pop - now you can't see all the fireworks - most of Epcot show is closer to the ground than MK - you can see the higher ones.

again can't see them all there is a bridge going toward BW - before you get to sea breeze pointe (see map) coming from epcot - than you see the fireworks - again you will not be alone -

map
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2466719
Be careful the Tonorrowland garden area dubs as the smoking area! Yuck!
NHKristy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

We had a great view from our balcony when we stayed at the BWI. We watched the fireworks after having a bottle of wine. It was very private and a fantastic night.

ctnurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: