Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
okienick
Mouseketeer

Who has eaten at Cape May for dinner??

Trying to decide how much time it will take to eat here for dinner one evening. I have a 5pm reservation when they open and am wondering if I could be done by 530, 545 at the latest. I'm thinking it might be possible since it's a buffet and no characters. I have plans in St Petersburg that start at 8. Google maps says it will take 1 1/2 hrs to drive there. Can I make it???
okienick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
MariDisney
Learned a difficult lesson about eating chocolate in the dark!
Had to admit to eating bird poo to get what she wanted
Fully open=cool. Fully closed=cool. Half way=no can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by okienick View Post
Trying to decide how much time it will take to eat here for dinner one evening. I have a 5pm reservation when they open and am wondering if I could be done by 530, 545 at the latest. I'm thinking it might be possible since it's a buffet and no characters. I have plans in St Petersburg that start at 8. Google maps says it will take 1 1/2 hrs to drive there. Can I make it???
Since it's a buffet you could spend as much or as little time eating as you wish, of course. But, you're really banking on being seated on time. At any WDW restaurant you are routinely seated 15-20 minutes after your ADR time. This doesn't happen EVERY time, but you need to allow for it. Personally, I wouldn't risk it. The lines to the buffet at Cape May can be pretty long so that you're waiting maybe 5 minutes to fill your plate. I really enjoy the food there and would not want to rush it.
Mari...A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow is Just a Dream Away...7/98 Carribean Beach ... 1/03 All Star Movies ...9/03 All Star Music ... 6/04 Port Orleans Riverside Honeymoon ... 1/05 Port Orleans French Quarter ... 1/06 Carribean Beach ...9/06 Pop Century ... 8/07 Port Orleans Riverside...9/08 Port Orleans French Quarter...9/09 Coronado Springs...9/11 Port Orleans Riverside
MariDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Being that it's a buffet you could eat as slow or how fast as you like. However if they have a wait that might be a concern for you. When we were there on our last trip we had about a 10 min wait after out ADR which was not a problem for us since we weren't in a hurry to be anywhere.

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

You also need to keep in mind that after your 45 minute meal you may not see your waitress for another 20 minutes. When we ate at Cape May last October we were seated about 20 minutes past our ADR time and it took her about 10 minutes before she ever came to the table the first time to even take our drink orders.

We let the kids take their time because they were having the all you can eat Crab legs. We should have asked for the check very early in the meal because once we were ready for the check she disappeared for 20 minutes.

Our meal took about 90 minutes from beginning to end. Or should I say 90 minutes from the time of our ADR to when we were walking out of there.

So if you have an ADR at 5 and it takes you until 6:30 to leave there and you have to drive 90 minutes to get to your evening appt then you may just be able to make it right in the nick of time right at 8 pm, if everything works out just right.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #5
housetomouse
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't want to try it, too many factors could trip you up. Plus, Cape May's buffet is expensive and I wouldn't want to rush through it.
housetomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:53 PM   #6
auprincess
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't risk it ~ 1) just b/c your reservation is at 5 doesn't mean you will be seated at 5; 2) are you eating crab legs? If so, defnitely not, those suckers take forever to eat (at least for me, lol).
April 2012 Polynesion
auprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by okienick View Post
I agree with others that I wouldn't risk it. Even if you did get out by 5:45, you never know if there will be traffic going to St Petersburg or what other tie ups you might run into. Plus, I wouldn't want to rush through a meal and keep watching the clock to make sure I finished in time. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: