DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

VWL questions

We just booked four nights at VWL. We have stayed at the main lodge years ago but never at the villas. I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to. Is there parking at the villas or do all cars park in the lodge lot? I have some mobility problems so I'm wondering if we have to park at the main building how far of a walk is it to the villas? And also are wheelchairs allowed on the boat over to Fort Wilderness? We were thinking of having lunch at Trails End during our trip and then heading straight to MK.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFreaks View Post
We just booked four nights at VWL. We have stayed at the main lodge years ago but never at the villas. I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to. Is there parking at the villas or do all cars park in the lodge lot? I have some mobility problems so I'm wondering if we have to park at the main building how far of a walk is it to the villas? And also are wheelchairs allowed on the boat over to Fort Wilderness? We were thinking of having lunch at Trails End during our trip and then heading straight to MK.
All parking is in front of the main building. You get free valet with a handicapped permit.
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
Shellandscott
Earning My Ears

There is only one lot for both the lodge and the villas. It is even further to get to the villas from the lot. If you know the layout of the lodge you have to take a trail to the right of the front entrance. that goes to the villas, it is about 300-500 feet at least. You can pay to valet and that puts you off at the front door.

Do not remember about the boat but I would think you can.

Numerous trips from 1973-1992
January 1999 - POFQ, May 2000 - & February 2004 - Offsite, August 2004 - BCV, January 2005 - SSR, May 2005 Hawaii (II), January 2006 - VWL, July 2006 - OKW, January 2007 Vegas (II), October 2007 - BCV, January 2008 - GF, May 2008 - VWL, Sept 2009 - BCV, May 2010 - VGC, May 2011 - SSR & BLT , May 2012 - VB, October 2012 - VGC, May 2013- BCV & VB, Dec 2013- OKW, Jan 2014 - BLT & SSR

Dream May 2011
Shellandscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #4
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

They use the small boat launches to travel between the resorts. I think they would allow you to fold up the wheelchair and carry it onboard if you were able to step down to a seat but I'm not positive. Otherwise there is a bus you can take between WL/VWL and FW.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #5
DisneyFreaks
Don't get me started about those darn busses!

Thanks everyone.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: