Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
jenhelgren
DIS Veteran

Cheapest 2 year tickets for Busch Gardens/Seaworld/Waterparks

I am looking into purchasing the 2 year Platinum passes for Seaworld/BG/Waterparks. I noticed that at each park the prices are different and it states online that the park purchased through must be the original park used at. I remember people paying $20 to have the Super Grover passes shipped to them. Can this be done with the platinum passes also? Are there ever discounts/deals offered on these 2 year passes? The prices at BG Williamsburg is currently $360 and Seaworld San Antonio is $280, so there is quuite a difference for a family of 4. Thanks for any and all help!!
jenhelgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
jlines
Mouseketeer

We bought ours through SWSD which was the least expensive option at the time, but sadly is not now. The rep on the phone said since we were going to use them in FL first she would mail them to me. She sent them activated and ready to go through the regular mail at no charge. I'm not sure if SWSA would do this or not, but you can always play dumb and ask if you buy them there how you can use them elsewhere first.
jlines is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlines View Post
We bought ours through SWSD which was the least expensive option at the time, but sadly is not now. The rep on the phone said since we were going to use them in FL first she would mail them to me. She sent them activated and ready to go through the regular mail at no charge. I'm not sure if SWSA would do this or not, but you can always play dumb and ask if you buy them there how you can use them elsewhere first.
Thanks for the response. I was looking at this, too, since we are going to BG Williamsburg first.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

I don't know if there is anywhere cheaper either. We bought the Super Grover Pass, while it is only a 1 year, I bought it at a 20% discount at the end of last year, and got December and all this year to use it. Unlike SWSD, you can activate SGP at any park, not first at Sesame Place. I think one of the reasons SWSD and SWSA are cheaper is that both of them require you to activate at that park first. Good luck.

I think the SGP is a decent deal, as we are planning to hit SWSD, and its new Aquadica, SWO and Aquadica there, BGT and the water park there, and DC with a great discount. If I can charm by DH, we may do BGW too. Oh, and it also got me a discount on my Shamu Dining tickets.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:28 AM   #5
justustoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne G
I don't know if there is anywhere cheaper either. We bought the Super Grover Pass, while it is only a 1 year, I bought it at a 20% discount at the end of last year, and got December and all this year to use it. Unlike SWSD, you can activate SGP at any park, not first at Sesame Place. I think one of the reasons SWSD and SWSA are cheaper is that both of them require you to activate at that park first. Good luck.

I think the SGP is a decent deal, as we are planning to hit SWSD, and its new Aquadica, SWO and Aquadica there, BGT and the water park there, and DC with a great discount. If I can charm by DH, we may do BGW too. Oh, and it also got me a discount on my Shamu Dining tickets.
I ave a SGP, but didn't know I could get a DWS discount with it! Could you please tell me how it works?
justustoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #6
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justustoo View Post
I ave a SGP, but didn't know I could get a DWS discount with it! Could you please tell me how it works?
Call the DC and give them your SGP number. With dolphin is $169 and just to swim $99. I thought that was a decent discount as we are doing Christmas Day that right now $289 for dolphin. However, in a another thread it says the days this discount is for. It is not all year long. Oddly, it is for late fall including all of December. We liked going there so much, doing it again this year.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: