Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #151
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

That is SO COOL!!! How romantic, well done to your DF! Now you know since we're all hooked on your trip report, that we HAVE to have a link to all things associated to your wedding, right? so please, provide links here first if you start one over on the wedding board, I'd love to follow along, this is fun!! Congratulations!!

Jillpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #152
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Glad DBF got your cruise straightened out.

The driver really caught great expression on your face

so exciting!!

Congrats again!! Gorgeous ring

I hope you get to do a Disney Fairytale wedding. If you do a thread on it, please post link on here like PP asked, as you know we all would like to follow
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #153
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Such a great story! Your DF did a great job! Congrats again!

Jill in CO
Old 06-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #154
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Great engagement story....many congratulations to you!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #155
MDennis28
Mouseketeer

Congratulations!!!! Beautiful story!! Love the way it happened. Wonderful ring too (and a pretty manicure to show it off)!!
MDennis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:03 PM   #156
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Congrats again!! Your DF is so sweet, what a great way to get engaged. Love your ring too, he did a good job

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #157
SheriBerry
Mouseketeer

Congratulations! What a great proposal!

I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip!

Engaged January 23, 2010
Wedding March 28, 2011 - Yacht Club Gazebo/Atlantic Dance Hall

I've eaten at 68 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (28%)
I've eaten at 21 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (24%)
I've eaten at 34 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (47%)
I've eaten at 9 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (50%)
I've eaten at 1 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)

SheriBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #158
DVC'96
Mouseketeer

Congratulations! You're engagement story sounds perfect! Can't wait to hear about the wedding plans.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:20 PM   #159
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillpie View Post
That is SO COOL!!! How romantic, well done to your DF! Now you know since we're all hooked on your trip report, that we HAVE to have a link to all things associated to your wedding, right? so please, provide links here first if you start one over on the wedding board, I'd love to follow along, this is fun!! Congratulations!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Glad DBF got your cruise straightened out.

The driver really caught great expression on your face

so exciting!!

Congrats again!! Gorgeous ring

I hope you get to do a Disney Fairytale wedding. If you do a thread on it, please post link on here like PP asked, as you know we all would like to follow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Such a great story! Your DF did a great job! Congrats again!

Jill in CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Diz View Post
Great engagement story....many congratulations to you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28 View Post
Congratulations!!!! Beautiful story!! Love the way it happened. Wonderful ring too (and a pretty manicure to show it off)!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess aleya View Post
Congrats again!! Your DF is so sweet, what a great way to get engaged. Love your ring too, he did a good job
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriBerry View Post
Congratulations! What a great proposal!

I look forward to reading about the rest of your trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC'96 View Post
Congratulations! You're engagement story sounds perfect! Can't wait to hear about the wedding plans.

Thanks everyone!!!

I will start a TR of sorts after we have our meeting with Disney on July 5th. I"m hoping we can get a date that we want, keep it affordable for 100 guests, and that my dad says yes that he'll agree to pay!!!! Stay tuned for more of that info..but not till July of course lol .
Old 06-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #160
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Castaway Cay!!!

CASTAWAY CAY!!!!

MARCH 26, 2013

When I left off we were talking off the ship towards CC.. We decided to skip the shuttle and go by foot. It ended up being a pretty far walk which didn't seem like a far walk from the ship! Lesson learned especially with bags and towels!!

When we finally got to CC (around 9am) it was pretty dead!

One of my fav pics and "Wow I can't believe we're here!"

As soon as we got our spots on the family beach, I went on a hunt to find the hair braiding place. DF stayed at the chairs and slept! I found the place and was taken right away. I was told it was the same price as the ship. What I didn't consider is that the people doing it are contracted with Disney from the islands near by and in stead of having 6-10 braids in my hair..I had 20..EEEK!!! at $2 a pop plus tip..it was double the price that I thought it would be and the tightest I had ever had braids done. After a few days it did loosen up but it was pretty darn tight and hard to sleep with, and hard to apply sunscreen in between the braids...LESSON LEARNED!!! Do it on the ship instead. It will be cheaper and I'm assuming not has tight??? It also was not square on and straight with my head which bugged me too lol.

After the braiding, I took my walk back to the chairs.

We had signed up to do the snorkeling at $50 total. We went to the rental shop and got the equipment.

What we didn't consider was that even though it was March, pretty warm, the water WAS NOT. Needless to say we wasted $50 bc we did not get into the water past our knees...LESSON LEARNED!!!

After a while of sitting on the family beach, we noticed that lots of people were starting to arrive so we decided to give up our spots and head to the adult beach with hopes that there would be chairs and warmer weather too!

We popped into the gift shop and looked around then went to find the tram.

When we got to the beach it was pretty much empty..it is Serenity as they say!!!

It was also twice as cold as the family beach was and had very little sun..funny since it wasn't too far but I guess the way it faced??!!

We chatted with another couple who took our pics for us and as we were talking Jack Sparrow showed up...WHAT??!! I had to remind myself it was the adult beach and why was he there but it didn't matter!

He was 100% in character and a hoot at that!!!

After he left we decided it was time to get lunch and headed off to find the yummy food that we could smell from the beach....

UP NEXT: LUNCH AT SERENITY BAY AND AN AFTERNOON AT THE BEACH

Old 06-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #161
disneyfreakliveshere
Earning My Ears

Congrats on your engagement. So happy for you. If your wedding planning is anything like your cruise description, I will be on the edge of my seat waiting for updates. It's like I am reading a good book. We are taking our first cruise in Aug on the Dream, and you TR has been super helpful. Thanks so much for sharing. I love your "lesson learned" experiences.
disneyfreakliveshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #162
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

It is a dark rainy day today....it was good to curl up and read your entire TR up to now. Congratulations on your engagement!!!

DH DW DD DS
davale4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #163
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Love reading your lessons learned. Not sure if we will ever take a cruise, but good to learn these little tips.

Bummer water was cold

Love pic with Jack
Old 06-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #164
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreakliveshere View Post
Congrats on your engagement. So happy for you. If your wedding planning is anything like your cruise description, I will be on the edge of my seat waiting for updates. It's like I am reading a good book. We are taking our first cruise in Aug on the Dream, and you TR has been super helpful. Thanks so much for sharing. I love your "lesson learned" experiences.
Thanks!! I'm glad you are enjoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davale4 View Post
It is a dark rainy day today....it was good to curl up and read your entire TR up to now. Congratulations on your engagement!!!
It's semi dark and rainy now too, so I'll be updating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Love reading your lessons learned. Not sure if we will ever take a cruise, but good to learn these little tips.

Bummer water was cold

Love pic with Jack
Never say never
Old 06-16-2013, 08:10 PM   #165
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Castaway Cay and Pirate Night

CASTAWAY CAY AND PIRATE NIGHT

*HI DIS FRIENDS!! I hope everyone has had a great weekend and Happy Father's Day especially to my father!! I will forever be his little girl but can't wait for him to walk me down the aisle next summer!!! Nothing new in wedding planning since our meeting isn't until July 5th but I've been looking at a lot of online resources (which can be addicting!) I've found invitations and I'm looking at party gifts/parent gifts. Any suggestions or saving tips would be great!!!

MARCH 26, 2013

When I left off, we were at Serenity Bay and getting hungry! We decided to eat on that side since the food area was steps away from our seats.

It was a buffet and the food smelled like your typical summer cook-out and it was delicious!!

*FIRST TIME CRUISE LESSON: (I forgot which # I was on!): If you don't have kids with you...EAT AT SERENITY BAY!!! There was not a soul there and when we saw the eating places on the other side, they were PACKED!

After I ate my first plate, I was still hungry and ended up going back for a few extra items and then found the fruit and finally the ice cream. After lunch we headed back to our seats on the beach and it seemed like it was getting colder and breezier when it shouldn't had been!!

The color of that water never gets old!!!

We decided to head back over to the main side of the island with the hopes that it would be warmer!

We found spots on the beach and took a nap!

We attempted to go in the water after our naps with the thought that it would be warmer..it wasn't.

Around 2pm we decided to head back to the ship. It had gotten warmer but we were in need of a real nap in the room before Pirate Night. After another stop in the gift shop, and going through the islands market, we took the tram back to the ship.

When we got back on (which was a breeze), ** At first report, I totally forgot most of the afternoon which WAS NOT spent just sleeping haha. DF had to remind me!!! After we got back on the ship and set stuff in the room, we decided to ride the Aqua Duck which only had a 10 min wait..yes 10!!! We rode it once and loved it. We went to see the line and it had doubled from when we got in it so we didn't ride it again, or the rest of the trip but that was okay! There's always next time. After we dried off and changed, we decided to go to the movie theatre and see OZ...15 minutes into the movie, I fell asleep..NOT impressed. I ended up kissing DF goodbye and went back to the room to take a nap. He stayed to watch the rest of the movie (mainly bc he was not as tired and didn't pay to go see it) and he was not impressed either. I'm glad we didn't wait and see it Fork and Screen at DTD and pay a ton of money!!! After he finished the movie, he joined me for a nap and then we got our snacks before Pirate Night!! By that point it had gotten COLD. Cold like in the high 50s and windy. We were also moving too so that didn't help!

We also got our Pirate Night Swag!

WE also got the letter stating that if you removed anything or destroyed anything in the room that you would be responsible for paying for it. I panic and of course called Guest Services...once again they were not aware of any letters but called housekeeping and they told me everyone got them...WHY ON NIGHT 3??!!!! It didn't make sense to me to get it on night 3 but oh well. We also found it odd that you didn't get any bath products daily like at WDW. We found out from our stateroom attendant that they ration them and don't hand then out unless requested. I LOVE the bath products so I asked for a new supply for turn down service. We also found it odd that during turn down service they actually did not turn the bed down..???!!!! Maybe they don't do that anymore but they did it at GF and Poly when we stayed there haha...so many questions!!??

They were selling Pirate Night light up cups and adult drinks in them. I had to have it!!!

DF loved it so much that he got one too!

We did decide to skip the show for tonight which was the Magic Show. We got ready and headed to dinner for the Pirate Night menu and our first meal at Artist Palette!!

STAY TUNED!!!!!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 06-18-2013 at 03:37 PM.
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: