Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Orlando Resorts & Hotels
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #16
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooniesScott View Post
Wow great information. Seems like a split may be in order. How do many of you book these splits?looking through orbitz w flight etc seems like a bit of work.
i book the darkside resort by calling UO resorts or Loews.
if the AP discount is not available, i use any discount that the TM has listed.

i book the motherland resort also by calling.
i always ask if there is a pin assigned to my name for any room discounts.

i have looked at orbitz for discounted rates but have not found any winners for the dates i need.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
marlaine8
Mouseketeer

We are doing out first split trip this September. Staying at the Poly CL for 4 days and then over to Portofino for 3 days. I've already got everything booked. Hoping to tweek my reservation to take advantage of a discount at the end of this month for Portofino.
What time do you leave your WDW hotel on the day you're checking into your Universal hotel? We'll be taking a cab. When you check in to PBH, can you check your luggage with Bell Services and go straight to the parks?
marlaine8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #18
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlaine8 View Post
We are doing out first split trip this September. Staying at the Poly CL for 4 days and then over to Portofino for 3 days. I've already got everything booked. Hoping to tweek my reservation to take advantage of a discount at the end of this month for Portofino.
What time do you leave your WDW hotel on the day you're checking into your Universal hotel? We'll be taking a cab. When you check in to PBH, can you check your luggage with Bell Services and go straight to the parks?
i've been doing the split stays for both resorts since the darkside hotels went up.

well, did offsite hotels for UO when they didn't have the hotels..

i do private car service, a 3 leg trip.
in the past, i leave disney at an early pick up time.
some years it is 6:15 some years 7:00.
when i get picked up that early, i'm usually at the uo hotel in about 22 minutes/no traffic that early in the morning on the roads.

this allows me to check in and do early entry that day for ioa.

once you check into pbh and create your express pass, check your luggage with valet and hit early entry.

if your room is ready, you can drop your luggage there.

if the room you are assigned was not occupied the night prior, you won't have a wait for its release.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #19
marlaine8
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the info! I knew we'd leave early, but I didn't think we'd go THAT early! Ha! Looks like an early day for us!
marlaine8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #20
taymorel
Mouseketeer

We are doing 5 nights at AKL Disney and 5 nights RPR at Universal. We went to IOA for 1 day back in 2011 and my son loved it even more than Disney. My husband and I are looking forward to the Express Pass and being in walking distance of Citywalk. When my son gets older we will probably start staying at Universal more than Disney.

Me DH DS(9)

2010 Contemporary
2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Royal Pacific Resort
2014 Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific Resort
taymorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #21
glocon
DIS Veteran

Another vote for doing a split stay. The perks of UO resorts are too phenomenal to pass up. Early entry to the WWoHP and unlimited express passes make it worth it. And being immersed in the magic of Disney then the magic of UO make for such a special and "enclosed in the bubble" type of vacation (if that makes sense). The Universal resorts are so deluxe and gorgeous, and so close to the parks, staying there is just so relaxing and makes you feel so pampered. Just do it I say!
Old 04-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #22
Mylo123
Earning My Ears

We will be doing a split stay for the first time - leaving May 1 for 2 nights at RPR and then on to POFQ for 6 nights. RPR is a surprise for my kids (both teens) and I can'g wait! The early entry and express pass was the seller for me.
Mylo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #23
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

We are doing a split stay-first night at Royal Pacific to get FOTL access for 2 days, then after our second day in the parks moving over to Pop Century at Disney for 4 nights. I am using taking a very small carryon suitcase so we will just put everything we need for the 2 days in that and our backpack, and then we don't have to tear through the big luggage to find various items. That means no repacking, which makes the idea less daunting Enjoy your trip!

AJ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #24
pigletto
DIS Veteran

We usually do 6 or 7 nights at Disney and then move to Universal for 2 or 3 nights. We're skipping Universal in August (budget offsite trip) but will go back in December. I think we only plan on one night in December because the night we need the cheapest room is $360 plus the cost of tickets for 2 days for four of us. However, even that one night gives us two full days at Universal with front of the line, so that makes us happy.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #25
amshowers
DIS Veteran

We doing a split WDW/ Universal stay labor day week. We doing Universal first because I think Disney will be too busy, but typically I book Universal last as you can get spoiled by FOL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: