Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #1
adkosins
Earning My Ears

September 2014 Wedding Questions

Hello all,

I have been reading for quite some time, have the passporters book and have been doing some initial planning but need some confirmation and help to make sure that my Fiance and I are able to do what I have promised her I would do, have a perfect Disney Wedding!

Current Plans:

We are planning to get married in the wedding pavillion in September of 2014 with a reception in the tower of terror courtyard after a Fantasmic viewing. The wedding will have approximately 50 guests and most of us are traveling from the Northeast.

We are planning the following additions: 2 caricature artists, keeping the tower of terror open, MK photo shoot, fantasmic viewing for 50 guests.

Questions:

1. Are the above additions possible with an approximate budget of 30-32k?

2. We are visiting in September, 1 year from our desired date and since we are both in healthcare we are unable to visit again before the big day. Are we able to do our formal planning session 1 year out?

3. Are we able to have an ipod setup at the ToT courtyard? I don't expect much dancing at our informal and unique reception but want people to have the option.

4. I have heard that Mens Warehouse is recommended for Tux rental, will they deliver the Tuxes to the resort or will we need to go pick them up?

5. The room block can not be paired with any other discounts such as free dining correct? We are going in september when the chances of this offer is quite substantial.

I am sure that I will have many more questions but these will suffice for now

Thank you all in advance for your help!!!
adkosins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
adkosins
Earning My Ears

Anyone able to help with these questions? Would be greatly appreciated!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #3
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Sorry I missed your post the first time around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adkosins View Post
I think so, especially if you're willing to sacrifice in other pricey areas, like floral. The prices for everything you listed are found in the book, so you can plug them into the self-calculating budget worksheet on pp.223-227 (along with your estimates for food and beverage) to have it show you about how much everything will cost, along with tax and service charges.

Quote:
2. We are visiting in September, 1 year from our desired date and since we are both in healthcare we are unable to visit again before the big day. Are we able to do our formal planning session 1 year out?
Disney can't provide pricing until 6 months out, which is why they recommend scheduling your formal planning session within that window. However, they may be willing to do the session with you as long as you understand that none of the pricing is guaranteed.

Quote:

3. Are we able to have an ipod setup at the ToT courtyard? I don't expect much dancing at our informal and unique reception but want people to have the option.
Yes; there's also background music they can leave on if you prefer.

Quote:
4. I have heard that Mens Warehouse is recommended for Tux rental, will they deliver the Tuxes to the resort or will we need to go pick them up?
If you use the Winter Park branch of Men's Warehouse, they will deliver and pick them up, however they won't do on-site fittings. Carolyn Allen's does delivery/pickup and fittings (size swaps, hemming) in your resort room.

Quote:
5. The room block can not be paired with any other discounts such as free dining correct? We are going in september when the chances of this offer is quite substantial.
The discount offered to you and your guests through the room block is not combinable with other Disney discounts. However, any rooms you book outside the block (like to get free dining) still count toward your room-night requirement.

Hope this helps!
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Congrats! Im getting married this Sept! I'll answer what I know!

Is this total budget or just Disney budget? My Disney budget is around $13,000 with my taxes and service charges included, but my wedding is much smaller. Outside of Disney I have another ~$12,000. So, if your number is just for Disney, I'd say it's possible, but if it's total, I think it will be tough to stay there considering the details you want.

I think Disney is usually willing to work with you on that, but you won't get prices until 6 months before your date.

Right. You have to pay rack rate, full price for your hotel and tickets to get the free dining plan.

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
bradleyjess
Mouseketeer

Oops! Carrie and I must've replied at the same time!

My resort history: BoardWalk Villas, Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo and Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside, WDW Dolphin, Yacht Club, Contemporary and Coronado Springs.
bradleyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #6
adkosins
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the answers.

I have 40-42k for the entire wedding budget, with 30-32k for the disney portion, hopefully that will work!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: