Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #1
luke6t6
Mouseketeer

Question POR Riverside vs French Quarter????

We are currently booked at FQ, but the 20% summer discount is only available at Riverside. My question is: Can you easily walk to the food court at FQ from Riverside? My daughter loves Beignets, and I know that they serve them for breakfast at the FQ food court. When we booked, the prices were the same, but now Riverside is obviously lower.

Thanks,

Luke
luke6t6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #2
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke6t6 View Post
We are currently booked at FQ, but the 20% summer discount is only available at Riverside. My question is: Can you easily walk to the food court at FQ from Riverside? My daughter loves Beignets, and I know that they serve them for breakfast at the FQ food court. When we booked, the prices were the same, but now Riverside is obviously lower.

Thanks,

Luke
Yes- a 10 min. (or leisurely 15 min) walk from one resort to the other.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke6t6 View Post

Thanks,

Luke
The answer is yes !

You will hear some people complain about it, it could be a 5-15 minute walk, maybe even 20 if you are a slower walker and are at the farthest point possible from POFQ. But if you don't mind a walk around a beautifully landscaped and built resort ... it should be fine

Looks like the longest distance from POR to POFQ food is 1.2 KM ... less than 1 mile. So, that should be a pretty easy walk.

Last edited by Shaden; 04-03-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
MARY-IN-OH
DIS Veteran

I saw some Beignets in Riverside food court last month. It is fun to walk from one resort to the other just to see the other resort, unless it's super hot
-mary
Dec 98 ASMu- - March 04 Pop- - Dec 06 OKW/Pop- -Sept 07 POFQ- - Oct 07 ASMo - - May 08 Pop/OKW - - Jan09 SSR- -Sept 09 BWV- -Dec 09 ASMo/OKW - -June 10 Pop/BCV- -Sept 10 AKV Kidani - -MAY 20, 2011 SSR/AKV JAMBO - - SEPT 9, 2011 - CBR & BWV STD VIEW 2 NTS BCV 1BR, and 4 NTS BWV 1BR STD SEPT 16 to 22nd 2012 Feb 5-12, 2013 - 2 nts POR royal room & 5 nights SSR- - Sept 7-8, 2 nts CBR and Sept 9-14, 5 nts at BWV Std view- - - Upcoming: DEC 10 - 17, 2013 SPLIT STAY OKW/SSR w/DH
MARY-IN-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
Headed4Fun
Mouseketeer

Stayed in both last year. We preferred POFQ due to the smaller size but we did enjoy our stay at POR. We actually took the bus from MK to POFQ one night because there were no lines for their bus and the POR bus line was ridiculous. The walk from POFQ to POR back to our room was about 10-15 minutes.

If your daughter is young enough to enjoy it, you may want to switch to POR and then upgrade to one of the Royal Rooms. My little girl enjoyed the princess decor and it was a really nice treat! Either way, you can't go wrong with a POR resort.
Headed4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
luke6t6
Mouseketeer

Thanks to all for the feedback. I just switched to Riverside, with a Riverview Room, which is cheaper than a standard view room at FQ.

luke6t6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #7
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

You can also take the boat. POR and POFQ share a boat to DTD. Grab the boat from POR and get off at POFQ, and then the opposite direction. It's a nice ride. My kids love taking that boat.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: