Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 11:05 AM   #16
polyfor4
Mouseketeer

When we do 5 day tickets we always get hoppers to maximize our park time. We'll get to the end of the trip and decide we want to ride Soarin etc. one more time and park hoppers give us the option to go to Epcot to ride that "one last ride". We have found that any stay less than a week needs hoppers so that you're not locked into one schedule. I do think you can make the most of one park a day but if its in your budget I really think the hopper would give you more flexibility- less stress.

May 2014 BWI/ Poly CL
May 2013 AoA/ Poly CL Nov 2013 Pop
Sept 2012 AoA May 2012 Pop/ Poly Feb 2012 POR
May 2011 Pop/ Poly April 2011 CSR
Dec 2010 POR May 2010 POR
Dec 2009 CBR May 2009 Poly March 2009 POR

polyfor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #17
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moret1sm View Post
Thanks Sandi, that makes sense now. I guess I didn't realize the price was the same regardless of the number of days I have left on the ticket or that an upgrade was even possible. Does that mean you could also add waterparks and more too then?
Yes. Just make sure you have used your ticket once before upgrading. Also, if, for example, you wanted to add park hopping and did that and then a day later wanted to add the waterparks and more option, you can upgrade at different times.

Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #18
freddyttt
Mouseketeer

I also do PH.tickets- love going to epcot(the countries)at night and also will want to do MK more the one night.
freddyttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #19
NaLisa
DIS Veteran

We went Apri 2011 (DDs were 7 & 6) for 8 days and didn't need hoppers at all. I planned to upgrade our tickets if necessary but we found they weren't needed. We only went back two nights, though, and to the same park we had visited earlier in the day (with 2-3 sets of FPs in hand).

We're going again in June 2013 and will get hoppers and WP&M. Some differences:

It will be hotter this trip and we'll need afternoon breaks out of the heat, so we'll do more RD-break-return days. In April we could easily stay from RD through 3 or 4 p.m. and the heat wasn't a factor.

Girls are older and able to stay up later plus they're old enough for water parks. Adding on both options makes much more financial sense than just one or the other. When we went in 2011, IIRC, it was around $50 each or $100 for both options per ticket. Not it's $57 for one option or $79 for both per ticket.

FP return time enforcement means we won't have any FPs to use at the same park at night.

Last time we were rookies and not as familiar with the parks and attractions, so it made more sense for us to immerse ourselves in one park at a time. This time we have favorites and must-sees plus BTDTs in each park, so we'll hop around from morning to evening to catch our faves and enjoy the nighttime atmosphere in each park.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #20
EmilyJ517
Mouseketeer

We always do PH's as well. Some of my favorite restaurants are in Epcot and I would be sad to limit myself to just the day(s) I'm touring there for that. And we are usually at either Boardwalk or BLT so walking in just to see fireworks is a nice option to have as well.

Our next trip: A LAND and SEA Adventure!

EmilyJ517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #21
softballmom3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moret1sm View Post
Softballmom---- can you elaborate. I'm buying my tickets through undercover tourist for my Dec trip, and am in the same situation--- don't know whether to park hop or do a 5 day base--- so you can add on after but have to use the ticket first? This is where I'm confused. Does undercover tourist upgrade your ticket or Disney. I'm totally unfamiliar.
Sorry for not answering quicker but I see it was already done by another PP and they are correct in how it's done. Very simple to do at guest services at the parks .

1977 Heck...I don't remember, I was 4 .
2002 Holiday Inn Family Suites (Nick hotel now)
2007 Pop Century
2010 Windsor Hills
2011 POR
2013 Wilderness Lodge/POR/CSR
2013 Pop Century
2014 POFQ
softballmom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #22
wdw&sonny
DIS Veteran

We also like PH. For us, it seems to make the trip last longer. We go to one park in morning, take an afternoon pool break, then to different park at night...I know that's a common strategy, but my point is that it seems to divide each day into 3 separate days.

Also, it allows us to hit HS twice in morning (to ride TSM 2x each day...4 times in a week) and to get to MK more often at night, when we can still ride all attractions...

and of course, like others said, it gives you greater flexibility. If you only have 1 day planned at HS and want to see F! and it rains, you are out of luck. With a PH, we just rearrange an evening and return to see it another night.
wdw&sonny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: