Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #451
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I'm really enjoying the band photos. I am in awe of anyone who can perform live like that. Brava friend!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #452
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
Thanks for sharing your band photos. Great effort keeping the community band going.
Thanks, sometimes we question our reasoning, but usually we are happy that the band is still going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I'm really enjoying the band photos. I am in awe of anyone who can perform live like that. Brava friend!
I've been doing it since I was five years old, whether it was ballet, tap, piano, flute, band or sax solos, it's like second nature to me. I have no problem getting up in front of people and making and a$$ of myself!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2013, 08:54 PM   #453
franandaj

We came back to the room. Fran needed some food, so she ordered a BLT from room service.

After that we packed up our bags. It was quite a feat since we really had to cram things in there. After we finished that we got ready for dinner and headed out. On our way out the door, I found the quote for our cruise in the Fish.

Here are the pictures of the menu.

Both of us ordered this drink, the Eclipse.

As we were getting closer to the port, the seas started getting a little bit choppy. By the time we got to dinner I was feeling pretty queasy. I think it was a combination of dehydration and the rocking motion of the ship. I don’t think the Eclipse helped either. I had to excuse myself from the table and go out on the deck to get some fresh air. I ended up being OK, but it was touch and go for a few minutes there.

I wasn’t all that hungry due to the queasiness so I just got the Potato and Leek Soup, I had ordered it before I had to get up and by the time that I got back the cup our waiter had brought was cold, so he offered to get me a replacement cup of soup. That was very nice of him!

Fran got the Lobster and Crawfish Bisque

She got the Beef Wellington for her Entrée.

I ordered a half order of the Seafood Linguine Pasta

I don’t know what this dessert is.

I got the Baked Alaska, it was OK, but nothing special.

After dinner, we discussed the cruise quote and both agreed that it was a good price. She wanted to go and take care of booking it and I went back to the room and lay down. A few minutes after getting into the room, she called and said that the lady was there, and if I could bring her the wallet of gift cards, to the 4th floor elevator she would pay for the cruise.

When she came back, she told me that all but $100 of the cruise was paid for. They didn’t pay in full in case we wanted to make any changes. So we are officially going on a Western Caribbean cruise out of Miami for five nights on October 31, 2014. There are stops in Grand Cayman and Cozumel. Hopefully we will be in better shape by then and we can go on some more energetic tours.

By the time she returned to the stateroom, all of our bags had been picked up and we settled in for our final night on the ship. We found this in our stateroom.

If you noticed on the Disembarking guide, your breakfast is served in the restaurant where your dinner was served the previous night. Our dinner was at Animator’s Palate and we were the second seating so 8:15AM is when we could start breakfast. Our paperwork for the Disney Transportation stated that the last bus left at 9:30AM (which can’t really be true), but we didn’t want to chance it.

There was no way that we would have been able to gather our luggage, go through customs, and get on the bus if we started breakfast at 8:15AM. We found out that Top Siders was open for breakfast starting at 7:00AM. That seemed like the best option to us. We could arrive when we wanted, eat our breakfast and then get in line to leave the ship.

The meal offerings were exactly the same as we had the day we went to Grand Cayman, so I didn’t bother to take any pictures. This was Fran’s last breakfast on the ship.

And this was mine.

As we were leaving the restaurant we ran into our server from Palo. I asked if he knew whether or not he would be on the ship in October/November 2014 and he said, “Yes.” I mentioned to him that we had booked another cruise on the Magic for then and he suggested that I “friend” him on Facebook, so that he can “get to know me better.” What a sweetie he was! After saying our goodbyes, we headed towards the exit. We got in this huge long line only to find out that it was the seating line for Lumiere’s and not disembarking!

Once we got past that getting off the boat was easy. They had two exits once you got off the ship. If you did not need help with your luggage, you could just go out and get it and head to customs. Most people opted to wait for a porter. As we waited in line, I gave Fran the ticket to retrieve our “prohibited item”. As the porters returned from assisting other guests they came to the front of the line with their cart, and the person who was working the line sent each family off with a porter. It only took about 10-15 minutes to get to the front of the line, and soon we were picking out our bags and heading towards customs.

It was a breeze getting through customs and our porter accompanied us to the bus that was currently loading. There was some confusion since we weren’t technically catching a plane, but they got our bags loaded and the scooter too. Surprisingly enough the two front seats were still vacant, and soon we were underway. We were on the bridge leaving Galveston island when it hit me. “Doh! We forgot to pick up the iron!”

The trip back to the airport was uneventful. I had my camera out, but there was nothing photo worthy. It was pretty much metropolis the whole way back. Not sprawling metropolis like we have in LA. There were some amount of empty fields, but no rolling hills, amber waves of grain, just chain stores, pawn shops and auto body shops.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 05-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #454
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

So sad that this cruise is over but so glad to hear you have another one booked!

Jill in CO
Old 05-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #455
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

So glad that you weren't sick. I don't think I could have coped with you being seasick!

Nice pictures of food. I liked the Beef Wellington.

And YAY for a cruise next year.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #456
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

An iron is no biggie glad you did not fret over it much.

Sorry to hear that you did not feel well. I have found that sometimes it is an inner ear problem. I can take half a Benadryl to dry up everything and e queasy goes away. It is something with the barometric pressure and getting closer to port. Or if there are storms out at sea.

Glad you have a cruise scheduled, I left on one from Galveston on Halloween and a lot of people were dressed up. I am sure it made for interesting pictures on your key cards for security...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #457
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Dinner looked scrumptious. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well though, that's never good.

I was so stressed by the last bus leaving at 9:30, it isn't true. They wait until everybody is where they need to be.

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us, that was great fun

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #458
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
So sad that this cruise is over but so glad to hear you have another one booked!

Jill in CO
It's going to be long wait until then so I hope that I can fill in the remainder of 2013 after WDW and the first part of 2014!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
So glad that you weren't sick. I don't think I could have coped with you being seasick!

Nice pictures of food. I liked the Beef Wellington.

And YAY for a cruise next year.
I'm glad I wasn't seasick too!

It will be nice to have another cruise to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
An iron is no biggie glad you did not fret over it much.

Sorry to hear that you did not feel well. I have found that sometimes it is an inner ear problem. I can take half a Benadryl to dry up everything and e queasy goes away. It is something with the barometric pressure and getting closer to port. Or if there are storms out at sea.

Glad you have a cruise scheduled, I left on one from Galveston on Halloween and a lot of people were dressed up. I am sure it made for interesting pictures on your key cards for security...
I think the queasy was more from all the booze! Some glasses of water really helped. That's funny about the costumes, I didn't think of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Dinner looked scrumptious. I'm sorry you weren't feeling well though, that's never good.

I was so stressed by the last bus leaving at 9:30, it isn't true. They wait until everybody is where they need to be.

Thank you for sharing your adventure with us, that was great fun
I figured they would do that on the buses, but why worry and stress. Breakfast was just a good at Topsiders and it was quicker and I could have just as much as I wanted.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #459
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Do not tell me that is cream on those pancakes. I know it's butter.

Breakfast looks great.

I seriously had to read *I found the quote for our cruise in the Fish* about 10 times until I could figure out what you meant. I'm like: what's the Fish?

What exactly is Baked Alaska? It's looks like Neapolitan ice cream with cake around it. Like ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.

Good to hear that clearing customs was easy.

Chloe is a performer like you. It is a skill I'll never possess.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-28-2013 at 08:56 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:41 PM   #460
jennorthernireland
Mouseketeer

I've loved reading your trip report, thank you so much
Old 05-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #461
Dixielady908
Grandma's Little Princess

Well it sounds like you had a fabulous cruise....thanks so much for sharing..I enjoyed reading your report....makes me excited for my up coming cruise.
1978 Contemporary Resort - 1979 Contemporary Resort - 1990 Off site - 1997 Dixielandings - 2000 - Port Orleans - Riverside 2004 - Port Orleans - Riverside - 2006 - Disney Magic - Eastern 2007 - Pop Century - 2008 - Disney Magic - Western 2011 - Disney Magic Western-turned into a Eastern - 2013 - Disney Fantasy - Western - 2014 - Disney Parks - 2015 - Disney Wonder - Alaska

Denise
Nanaheads Rule
Dixielady908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:54 AM   #462
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Do not tell me that is cream on those pancakes. I know it's butter.

Breakfast looks great.

I seriously had to read *I found the quote for our cruise in the Fish* about 10 times until I could figure out what you meant. I'm like: what's the Fish?

What exactly is Baked Alaska? It's looks like Neapolitan ice cream with cake around it. Like ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins.

Good to hear that clearing customs was easy.

Chloe is a performing like you. It is a skill I'll never possess.
You're right that IS Butter!

Baked Alaska is an old school dessert where they take Neapolitan Ice cream encase it in cake and then in Merengue and light it on fire. They parade the flaming dessert around the room. I had it back in my childhood when it came out and was all the rage, I didn't get it then. Now I sort of understand, but I'm not all over it, that just sounded less sickening than the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennorthernireland View Post
I've loved reading your trip report, thank you so much
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope it helps you in planning somehow. I still have one more update!

Old 05-29-2013, 03:56 AM   #463
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixielady908 View Post
Well it sounds like you had a fabulous cruise....thanks so much for sharing..I enjoyed reading your report....makes me excited for my up coming cruise.
I'm glad I could help you in the excitement category. You're on the Fantasy so things might be a little different, but I'm sure it will be magical and full of Pixie dust!

Old 05-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #464
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I guess you missed the one that we picked in the updates. Did we choose it!

Fran was talking about one of our 2015 trip saying we could add a 3 day cruise on there. They don't have a day at sea on three day cruises and so no brunch at Palo! I want a brunch at Palo on my cruise!
Well the brunch at Palo has been one of the draws for me, so I can't imagine going on a 3 day cruise without Palo...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #465
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Well the brunch at Palo has been one of the draws for me, so I can't imagine going on a 3 day cruise without Palo...
I know, Fran keeps talking about adding on three days, but I really need a sea day on any cruise. I really don't care so much for the ports, but love the days at sea! Each cruise we seem to get shorter and shorter, I hope that someday we get a nice long one with lots of sea days!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: