Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #301
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I love your purple dress!!!!

You guys look great
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #302
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

So glad you were able to make it to the cooking demo! I really enjoyed doing it on the Wonder. Wish I had gone to the one on the Dream.

I agree with everyone else! I LOVE the dress on you!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #303
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
nice taste of the Lamb.... It looked very yummy!
It was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
delicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sager1969 View Post
Mmmmm lamb! Thanks for posting all of these pics. I am getting hungry again.
You're welcome! I know the cruise pics just make me hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post
Love reading your TR. It looks like you guys had a great time. We are doing the Magic in November and I am toying with trying the brunch for the first time.
Oh you definitely should try it! It is one of the highlights of our cruises!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Thank you for posting the Navigator. I can't believe how much is going on at any given time.

The lamb looks delicious. I love lamb. We buy a butchered lamb every year. Sorry PETA friends.

Looks like a beautiful day at sea. Glad the weather cleared up.
Yes, there is way too much happening at any given time, you really have to pick and choose which thing is more appealing. Sorry to the PETA folks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattykin View Post
Great day three report....you have opened my eyes to adult activities that dh and I did not partake in on the cruise but definitely look forward to them the next time. The CM that you had a picture of was Lara....she was our hostess for the countless game show games that my daughter and I did lol Look forward to more of our report
There are a lot of adult activities, we wouldn't do the cruises if they didn't have them! I knew I was close on the name but I'm awful with names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
What a great way to spend a morning

I can't cook to save my life but I still enjoy watching the demos!

Let us know how you get on when you cook it yourself
Eventually I will try it. I will be sure to post pics here when I do.

I'm actually a pretty good cook, and love to know the secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorimay View Post
I love your purple dress!!!!

You guys look great
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
So glad you were able to make it to the cooking demo! I really enjoyed doing it on the Wonder. Wish I had gone to the one on the Dream.

I agree with everyone else! I LOVE the dress on you!
Thanks! I hope that I can use it for dinners in the future!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #304
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

The lamb looks so tasty. Thanks for including the recipe.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ...still to come 9/15 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #305
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

I would be afraid of it too! Did they have to treat you in the medical office on the ship?

Hi Fran. Nah. The crown had fallen out earlier and it was my fault I took so long to get it fixed. They made a report. They told me to visit the nurse if I needed pain medication. I didn't. But our table mate told me he had some meds he takes for his back if I needed anything. You know how DCL is...they called to check on me and so did the Head Waiter.

It's fixed now....my brother is a dentist in Wisconsin so I made a trip out there and had a whole bunch of stuff done in 1 week. All it cost me was a round trip ticket $4000 worth of work for $300. I had that trip planned after the cruise...I should have done it sooner. My fault.
Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #306
nunzia
You can't top pigs with pigs, but you CAN top Toys with Toys

Phew!! Finally caught up..we were on the Magic cruise right after yours so I fell wayyy behind! Happy Belated Birthday and yes, the purple dress looked nice for formal night. I also cannot resist the Grand Marnier Souffle..I really wanted to do all four offered Art of Entertainings on our cruise but they conflicted so much with other things I only made one ..looking forward to the rest of the TR
Old 05-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #307
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
The lamb looks so tasty. Thanks for including the recipe.
You're welcome. Let me know if you try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
Hi Fran. Nah. The crown had fallen out earlier and it was my fault I took so long to get it fixed. They made a report. They told me to visit the nurse if I needed pain medication. I didn't. But our table mate told me he had some meds he takes for his back if I needed anything. You know how DCL is...they called to check on me and so did the Head Waiter.

It's fixed now....my brother is a dentist in Wisconsin so I made a trip out there and had a whole bunch of stuff done in 1 week. All it cost me was a round trip ticket $4000 worth of work for $300. I had that trip planned after the cruise...I should have done it sooner. My fault.
I'm glad that you were able to get it all taken care of at a bargain price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunzia View Post
Phew!! Finally caught up..we were on the Magic cruise right after yours so I fell wayyy behind! Happy Belated Birthday and yes, the purple dress looked nice for formal night. I also cannot resist the Grand Marnier Souffle..I really wanted to do all four offered Art of Entertainings on our cruise but they conflicted so much with other things I only made one ..looking forward to the rest of the TR
Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed your cruise! I know the Art of Entertaining demos happened at times which conflicted with our Palo brunches. There is just so much going on, it's not possible to do it all!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 05-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #308
franandaj

On the Navigator, it said that Alice would be at Midship at 12:15 and Minnie would be at Preludes at 12:30. We needed to get some lunch so I suggested that we do the character meets and then head off to either Triton’s or Top Siders. Triton’s had an a la carte menu and Top siders was serving it’s Steakhouse buffet. We enjoyed the Steakhouse buffet on the Wonder, so it had a slight edge over Triton’s. We would check the menu on our way aft to see which one we would prefer.

First we went up to the beverage stations on Deck 9 to fill Fran’s soda glass. I noticed that the kids pool was full today. As my friend Jim says, “It looks like someone kicked over an anthill.

The family pool was much more calm.

We went down to Deck 4 and I decided to wait for Alice. Fran went back over to the Art Gallery to see if they had put anything new out. I found a couple other ladies and we decided to “make a line” in front of the elevators, and soon there were a dozen people waiting behind us. Alice showed up right on time, and Fran returned back just in time to take the pictures.

After we finished with Alice we headed over to Minnie, who was dressed as Princess Minnie.

After the photo session we stopped by Triton’s to check out the menu. I didn’t take a picture, but the only thing that really appealed to me on the menu was the steak and pomme frites. Fran wanted one of the soups, but since each of us really only wanted one dish on the menu we decided the buffet would be the better option.

So we headed up to Deck 9 for the Steakhouse buffet. That first one must be some kind of Potato Salad, I don’t even know! The other appears to be a red cabbage slaw.

Regular slaw and tomato salad.

This was a meat salad, pastrami and reuben sandwiches.

Stone crab claws and beet soup. They also had a big bowl of cocktail sauce for the crab claws.

I think this might have been Mulligatawny Soup, but I don’t remember what it was, but next to it is the Macaroni and Cheese, and I think those are fried shrimp. How did I miss those?

These were cod fritters and crab cakes. I wasn’t as impressed with those on the Wonder, so I had plenty of other things to concentrate on with this buffet.

Here we have lamb chops, beef sirloin, twice baked potatoes, and a vegetable lasagna.

Here are mushrooms to put over your steak and lamb.

Tandoori Chicken

They had a baked potato bar at the back of the restaurant. These are the toppings that were to be chosen from.

They also had a salad bar.

Here is Fran’s plate.

This was my Baked Potato from the bar

Since I like to add my sour cream to my potato by the bite, I had them put it in a separate bowl. They looked at me like I was nuts!

See since I don’t like my things touching at the Disney buffet and Souplantion, I take the kids plate. But see I filled it up and nothing is touching.

The Tandoori Chicken was the definite star of the buffet, followed by the lamb chops. The beef was OK and the Mac and cheese was stellar as always. The salad was a salad. I got my obligatory greens. The potato was pretty good, but definitely the “pork belly” of the meal. I knew I shouldn’t have been eating it, but it was really good. I tried to concentrate on the proteins which at least had some value, even if they were not as healthy as the veggies and stuff.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #309
franandaj

I thoroughly enjoyed this lunch. The Tandoori chicken was excellent. I had Fran take the pictures of these guys while I porked out on all the goodies on my plate.

[/URL]

After we ate all the lunch food we could, I went up to the dessert bar and grabbed us some treats.

And with that we were done with lunch. It’s a good thing we stuffed ourselves because we had one heck of a Tequila and Margarita tasting coming up! And that’s where we headed off to next.

So we entered the room and this time there was no seminar going on beforehand. I was able to snag us the same couch that we had the day before so we had a nice up front view.

Now I forgot to mention this on the previous day’s seminar. Claudette is from Jamaica. She told us that when you ask someone how they are doing, “Great” is just a so-so answer. You are either excellent or Iree. Throughout the tastings she would ask, “how was the drink?” A number of people would say, “great” and she would correct them. “No man, you’re either excellent or Iree!”

Today Claudette told us that no one got drunk and the Martini tasting, so she doubled the portions today! Back to the tasting. Our drinks were READY!

She had a whole array of liquors ready to use.

So we started off with the shot that you see closest here. It was the blanco and it was pretty good.

We took this shot with some salt and lime. Then we moved on to the one in the middle. This was the Repasado, my favorite. After downing my shot, I said, “Mmmmm, that was good!”.

The ladies behind us heard me and said, “Would you like ours? We didn’t know we were going to be drinking straight tequila, we thought this would be Margaritas! We haven’t touched them.” I don’t know if they sent over two or three servings of shots, but Fran and I were happy to oblige them with their “leftovers”.

Then Claudette wanted to show us another drink and she needed a volunteer from the audience. Sorry for the blurriness of the pictures.

She had this guy, lay his head back and she told him not to swallow until she told him to.

Evidently she served him a more potent version of this drink. The traditional Margarita.

Now since the ladies behind us didn’t drink their shots, the bar helpers brought them extras of the little margaritas. Well, the ladies thought that they were too strong, so over the couch the Margaritas came to us!

Then she took another victim.

I think he liked it!

Then we had victim #3

Not sure he liked it so much!

Then we were served a strawberry margarita. This was so good! It was made with real muddled strawberries, it was sweet, but only as sweet as the fruit made it, no added sugar.

Then the prizes started to come out. I can’t remember what trivia question Fran got right in the beginning of the session, but as soon as she saw the big drinks, she raised her hand and blurted out, “I got the such-and-such question right today!” And Claudette handed her a big Margarita. She shared!

Claudette’s final victim was a woman, and she gave her some sort of a coffee flavored dessert margarita.

She said it was pretty good!

After the session was over, Fran asked Claudette to make us another one of the strawberry margaritas. We paid for it, and technically she probably wasn’t supposed to do it since the bar wasn’t technically open, but she was one of those CMs who wanted to go above and beyond to make the guests happy!

Dinner was very fuzzy that night.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #310
lorimay
DIS Veteran

I bet dinner was fuzzy, I laughed out loud on that one!

Any ONE of those would have done me in, I'm weak when it comes to "beverages". But that strawberry margarita sounded really yummy.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:44 PM   #311
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

I am glad that you managed to get to The Art of Entertaining. The lamb looks great and I don't even eat lamb. I am sure Graham has had this at Palo though and loved it.

You managed two catch to characters that I have not managed to meet. Princess Minnie is always eluding me and I have not had any luck with Alice either. I do have photos with the White Rabbit and the Queen of Hearts though.

The buffet looked delicious and the Tequila tasting sounded like great fun. I have very little tolerance to salt so I just have my tequila neat.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #313
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I would have been under the table, on my butt, and I bow to you for even being able to stand up.

Sounds like a fun afternoon.

Was that pineapple upside down cake on your dessert plate? Love me some pineapple upside down cake.

Lunch looks great especially the tandoori. I enjoy tandoori, anything Indian really.

The fruit animals are darling, I hope the Wonder has those.

How much did the tasting cost per person?

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-07-2013 at 07:01 PM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #314
sager1969
Mouseketeer

We did the tequila tasting on the Magic. I could not hang the whole way. Let's just my hubby benefitted, but had to a nap. He was one of the victims and had to finish my shots. Quite an entertaining walk back to room!
Magic - 10/2012; ALK - 3/2013; Aulani - 6/2013; DVC Dream/AKV - 10/2013;
Christmas Dream/WL - 12/2013; AKL - 3/2014; Wonder - 6/2014;
ABD Backstage magic - 7/2014; Fantasy - 4/15;
DVC Dream - 8/15; Aulani - Christmas 2015
sager1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:08 AM   #315
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

WOW! Great shots.....of all sorts. Those tequilas must have been heady. And to get the bonus extras from your fellow shipmates......

Sounds like a fabulous day so far.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: