Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #91
book_junkie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
I can't even begin to process this line of thinking. Oh well. More for me.

Out of curiosity, have you tried all the different combinations of ice cream? My personal favorite is the pineapple/vanilla swirl with the float. Not a fan of the pineapple/orange swirl, though. Straight pineapple comes in second for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
I've done the pineapple/pineapple and didn't like it. And I love pineapple. I am thinking of trying vanilla and Coke sometime. But that's just softserve.

I miss the orange/vanilla swirls and the Orange bird... *sigh*

Past Trips: Oct 14 Cruise & Land; Nov-Dec 2013; May 2013 WDW; Oct-Nov 2012 WDW; Oct 2011 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct/Nov 2010 WDW; Oct 2010 WDW Mother/Daughter Getaway; Oct 2009 WDW; June 2008 DL ; Nov 2007 WDW Clan Reunion; Nov 2004 WDW; June 1994 WDW Family Trip; March 1986 WDW Family Trip
book_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #92
Jaya
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic View Post
Thank goodness he's frozen!
Another one of those "urban legends" that won't die. He was cremated. Apparently at one time he wanted to be frozen, but the family had him cremated.
Jaya is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #93
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Another one of those "urban legends" that won't die. He was cremated. Apparently at one time he wanted to be frozen, but the family had him cremated.
I am pretty sure the poster you quoted was joking.

Lintasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #94
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by book_junkie View Post
Then go to WDW. Both are available. DH loves the orange swirl!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #95
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by book_junkie View Post
Disney Parks Blog from nearly a year ago...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-kingdom-park/
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #96
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Walt's been gone almost 50 years. I love it how people claim to know what he would have wanted today.

There's not going to be a "Starbucks" on Main Street. It will still be Main Street Bakery, just serving Starbucks instead of Nestle.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #97
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

I keep on waiting for Disney to announce that they are giving the Avatar plans the boot and instead doing a Star Wars themed park....though that's not Animal-ish, unless you're thinking of aliens as animals, but then Star Wars would be appropriate too? . I'm really confused about Avatar being in AK...HS yes, AK no. It just messes up the park feng shui.

Anywho....can't wait to buy me a hot chocolate from Starbucks to sip at MNSSHP this year!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #98
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
Walt's been gone almost 50 years. I love it how people claim to know what he would have wanted today.

There's not going to be a "Starbucks" on Main Street. It will still be Main Street Bakery, just serving Starbucks instead of Nestle.

I also think the phrases "What would Walt Do" and "Walt would be rolling in his grave" should be banned from the Dis. None of us know what Walt would do or what he would think about how the parks are now.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:40 AM   #99
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

I also think the phrases "What would Walt Do" and "Walt would be rolling in his grave" should be banned from the Dis. None of us know what Walt would do or what he would think about how the parks are now.
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #100
FlightlessDuck
Pluto's personal nose scratcher
Dumb people spoiling my fun makes me a sad Panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I keep on waiting for Disney to announce that they are giving the Avatar plans the boot and instead doing a Star Wars themed park....though that's not Animal-ish, unless you're thinking of aliens as animals, but then Star Wars would be appropriate too? . I'm really confused about Avatar being in AK...HS yes, AK no. It just messes up the park feng shui.
I don't see why they can't do both.

'87: Off Site, '94: GF, '02: FWC, '06: POP, '09: CSR, '10: POP, '12: CSR
FlightlessDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #101
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightlessDuck View Post
I don't see why they can't do both.
I like that! Why not?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #102
DisReno
Mouseketeer

Well, one thing I know for sure-Walt was an innovator and hoped that Disney would never stop growing and changing. I don't think even Walt could have envisioned all the changes of the last 50 years. People tend to get upset when Disney makes changes or gets rid of something, but I truly thing that was Walt's original vision-that Disney would always change and stay current.

I for one do not think he would care that it's Starbucks coffee being served. I don't care-as long as they keep the atmosphere to fit Main Street, which I'm sure they will-Disney is really good at creating atmosphere.

I miss the McDonald's fry cart in FrontierLand. Didn't it used to look like a wagon or a log cabin or something? Still it fit in with the atmosphere, and allowed me to snack shamelessly on McDonald's fries-Haaaaa.
DisReno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #103
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post

I think people are only going by what he said in the past and his attitude towards the parks so on. He wanted the parks to be enjoyed by all, but yet now only a few can enjoy them since it is way beyond many people's budgets. With prices being raised yearly it is quite expensive, even though salaries are not going up or lost completely for some. But it is a business and it must survive and to do so I guess they must raise their prices.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #104
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchfans View Post
I think people are only going by what he said in the past and his attitude towards the parks so on. He wanted the parks to be enjoyed by all, but yet now only a few can enjoy them since it is way beyond many people's budgets. With prices being raised yearly it is quite expensive, even though salaries are not going up or lost completely for some. But it is a business and it must survive and to do so I guess they must raise their prices.
Walt didn't want the parks to be enjoyed by all, or he wouldn't have charged admission. Walt was a businessman first. He didn't build Disneyland for everyone, he built it for those who could afford to go there. And that hasn't changed. A trip to DL or WDW is still a splurge for those of us who are lucky enough to afford it.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #105
timmac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic View Post
He didn't loathe carnival games - he disliked carnivals and the rowdy crowds they attracted. <snipped for brevity>
At risk of opening an old can of worms, this is an important point. One that was sometimes taken out of context in a lot of the arguments for/against alcohol as well.

Context is everything when trying to guess what someone's opinion was, is, or would be. The Disney parks today don't remotely resemble the carnivals that were Walt's yardstick for many of his dislikes, and as such it is a bit silly to try to draw comparisons too directly.
timmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: