DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Can I transfer my points on-line to another member?

I just looked at the DVC website but couldn't find where I could transfer my DVC points to another member.

Can I do this on-line or must I go through Member Services?

Thanks!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #2
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
I just looked at the DVC website but couldn't find where I could transfer my DVC points to another member.

Can I do this on-line or must I go through Member Services?

Thanks!
You both have to call member services.
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #3
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
You both have to call member services.
Thanks for the quick reply!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #4
MoreTravels
Mouseketeer

Actually. The sender has to call but not the receiver. You just have to make sure the account number is right. It's done instantaneously so it is a very simple call.
MoreTravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #5
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

I just completed a transfer to another member and they did not need call. I had their member # and just gave that and the name and it was done very quickly and easily.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
Marshay

Thanks guys! My parents will be in WDW on vacation on the day we need to transfer points and then book our DVC. We don't want to transfer points sooner than 7 months b/c we won't know how many points to transfer (depending if we get OKW or BLT, for example). I'm in Virginia so we need to do it all on the phone/computer.

So we're trying to figure out the best way to do this. We want to combine our points to get a 2BR which will save us points rather than getting a 1BR + a studio.

So I plan to go on-line to get a rough estimate of what is available first thing that morning. Then we will call MS to transfer points and book a stay.

I recognize that the inventory may change between looking on-line, transferring points and booking.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
Scotch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
I just completed a transfer to another member and they did not need call. I had their member # and just gave that and the name and it was done very quickly and easily.
I'm wondering how things change if I, the person getting a transfer, have a password set up on the account for phone services. I certainly won't want to give my password to the transferor; but is that necessary to initiate the transfer? Thinking out loud here. I know I need to call MS.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post
I'm wondering how things change if I, the person getting a transfer, have a password set up on the account for phone services. I certainly won't want to give my password to the transferor; but is that necessary to initiate the transfer? Thinking out loud here. I know I need to call MS.
The member transferring the points will need to know your member number. No password will be needed as the transferring member is simply directing MS to give a specific number of points to a specific account.

A few years ago, MS would handle the transfer with just the receiving member's name and address but now requires the membership number. I think it wise to also have the name, address and phone number to make sure the member number agrees with the other info. The transferring member still can't gain access to the account without a SS# or the dvcmember.com login information. All they can do is transfer their points into your account.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #9
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch View Post

As Doc said, they just asked for the member number and when they plugged it in, she confirmed the first name of the member--didn't mention the last or any other information. Since I had that, I did offer it to the CM, including the city and state. She did not verify or confirm once I did, but I figured if I had said something that didn't match, she would say something. Very easy.

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #10
Scotch
DIS Veteran

Thanks, WebmasterDoc and Sandisw!
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Is there a fee involved with transferring. I've never done it, but my DD just bought a resell contract and has points she may not be able to use and asked if I wanted them. She has a differnent U/Y, so I assume those points come with their same U/Y rules or are they converted to my U/Y?

2015 TRIPS-Under Construction
April 29 - May 16 @ BCV
Sept 11-12@ BLT; ? + Cruise
Oct 25 - Nov 7 @ ?

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #12
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by n2mm View Post
Is there a fee involved with transferring. I've never done it, but my DD just bought a resell contract and has points she may not be able to use and asked if I wanted them. She has a differnent U/Y, so I assume those points come with their same U/Y rules or are they converted to my U/Y?
No fee. Yes, they retain their use year and home priority.

Also you can only do once a year, so make sure you won't need to transfer or receive again. (Someone else can list the specifics, bc I forget if it is 365 days, calendar year or use year).

There is also a rule about not being able to transfer banked points , or something like that...not sure your situation applies...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: